“recently renevated rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Torrington, Connecticut
“recently renevated rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed in Room 27. The renivated room was nice and decorated nicely. I probablly would not stay there again only because I have a bad back and the beds were nothing special. They were fine but for me, it was a problem. When I started the A/C, it smelt like mold. I told the front desk and they cleaned part of the components. However, after the A/C was cleaned, when I turned it on, it smelt like bleach. I let it run when I was out of the room. When I returned, the mold smell was back. I am allergic to mold so this was a problem for me. It was cool enough for me to open the windows and put a fan I bought at a Christmas Tree store in the window. The rooms are very clean and maid service was great. They cleaned throughouly. The location is great because there are many beaches, places to eat, and shops near bye. The exit and entrance to Route 6 is about 200 yards from the motel making this motel very conveinant. Going through orleans via RT 6A has much traffic and can get aroung it via RT 6. The people who run the motel are very friendly. I did not swim in the pool but looked like it could benefit from an update, But, it looked clean enough. When going to the National Sea Shore. I had a hard time getting in becuase beach parking was full. I would suggest to get to the beach no later than 11am when weather is nice. I'm not sure about the bayside beaches. The Lobster Claw Restraunt was very yummy. I am a seaford addict and their calm chowder was wroth to write about. The best place for seafood, is Anorlds in Eastham. I ate there everyday. It's paper plates, plastic sliverware, and picnic tables. If want more fancy but casual, I would recommend that Lobster Claw. The have an eary bird specail that it lovely. I had lobster newbury. It was great. The staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Good price, super clean, really convenient, super service, quiet, well located. I would refer to any friends with their family as well as girls or guys in vacation.

They have some beautiful housekeepers !

Waitsburg, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We needed a room for the two of us while we were visiting relatives in Chatham and Eastham. This was a perfect location, decent price, neat and clean with very hospitable staff. And it didn't hurt a bit to have home made muggins in the morning.

Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

With plans for White Crest Beach, Provincetown, and Nauset Beach in a quick-hitting three-day two night trip - I broke the chains of the mid-Cape - read TripAdvisor reviews and chose Skaket Beach Motel. Great choice. Location was fabulous - right off exit 12 in center of Orleans. Rooms were small but very clean and were updated - no 70s wallpaper. Television large - Wifi - easy to connect to. Pool was refreshing and warm (salt water?)- could use updating with the fence - But my family and I weren't there to hang around the motel -just a place to sleep quietly and comfortably- and that's what we got at Skaket Beach Motel. Outer Cape can be a real haul - staying here cut down on time spent in the car -and with two teenage girls, that's a good thing.

Room Tip: Surprised by number of vacancies on the Cape in mid-July. Yes, it was mid-week but you have many cho...
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I highly recommend this clean, quiet, centrally located motel. This is our second visit and i know that we will book again for next summer. The rooms are large and clean. Orleans is close to Nauset Beach, shopping and restaurants. The motel is well run.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our family of four stayed at the Skaket Beach Motel July 2014. It was very clean and the room was large enough for the four of us to be comfortable. Great queen sized beds with comfortable mattresses made sleeping easy. There is a laundry facility to make washing beach clothes simple! It is centrally located so navigating in Orleans and the rest of the Cape was pretty easy too. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor with access directly outside. There are three buildings with rooms...
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My family and I visit Cape Cod every summer and I always choose to stay at Skaket Beach Motel. The rooms are clean, the staff are friendly and accommodating and the continental breakfast is wonderful. Free wifi in the room is a big plus and it is close to the beaches. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Skaket Beach Motel? Share your experiences!