“Orleans Inn is Perfect for Weddings” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orleans Waterfront Inn

Orleans Waterfront Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orleans
Orleans Waterfront Inn
You added Orleans Waterfront Inn to your Saves list
3 Old County Road, Located on 6A Off the Orleans Rotary, Orleans, MA 02653   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Cape Cod
“Orleans Inn is Perfect for Weddings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

We are local Cape Codders who were search desperately for a place for our wedding in 2010. We searched and searched and could not find a place that was what we wanted and in our budget. I e-mailed the Orleans Inn for information about weddings and within a half hour received a call from Ed Maas. Within 2 weeks from that call we were sitting in the location that would hold our wedding. We are so pleased with the staff, the accomodations, the food, the view, and especially Ed! Thank you Ed for making our wedding on Cape Cod possible. Check back in 2010 for more about our wedding!

Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gloucestershire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

Ed Maas is the best and most helpful hotel keeper ever. He and his family run a great place to stay - not the most luxurious but beautifully situated with good food in the restaurants.

• Liked — Innkeeper, family and staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

My wife and I stayed over the weekend of 8/15-8/17 and had a water view room. We loved the room and the entire inn as a matter of fact. I asked to have a bottle of wine put in the room prior to our arrival and this was done w/o a hitch. The staff places treats in a basket for your arrival as well as a copy of their book regarding the "Ghosts" that inhabit the rooms and hallways of the inn. My wife. who loves that kind of stuff was walking all over trying to find the ghosts. She said she had a wonderful time.
We had dinner in the dining room during the "Irish Night" and it was fun. Dinner was great and service was attentive and considerate . Breakfast was included in the morning and it was satisfying with eggs, bacon, home fries, breads, etc. The coffee is top notch! The Mass family runs a perfect New England inn and if you have a chance to stay, do so. I will stay again when we go to the Cape.

• Liked — rustic ambiance
  • Disliked — nothin
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

This review is coming late, but we have fond memories of our stay at this inn. The location, the restaurant, the special wine recommended by the bar tender that we always order now, are among these memories. But, what is most special are the owners. They are warm, caring people, the likes of which is rare today. You can feel that warmth when you enter this inn, if you are inclined to appreciate such things.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stayed at the Inn for 1 night during the blackout that wiped out pretty much all power on the cape. This inn was one of the few (if not the only) that remained fully operational. The room I stayed in, room 3, was a standard and definitely made a good first impression. The wood furniture is beautiful and there is free wifi. There is also a little fridge, which was a great convenience, and a really cute faux fireplace that emits real heat while providing a nice ambiance. The room did face the busy route 6A, but at this time of year, traffic is very minimal and was not disruptive. The only thing was that the room, unfortunately, happened to be right above the restaurant/bar/kitchen and noise was audible (the restaurant, however, is open only 3 days a week, so that minimizes chances of hearing the noise).

I couldn't take a really good look at the hotel, because I stayed mostly in my room, but it did seem very well taken care of, and had a "hotel-like" feel while retaining the homeyness of an Inn. The restaurant also does room service and I had a very tasty veggie burger from there. Also, there is a TV room on the lower level with an awesome selection of DVDs and a little library next door. When I went downstairs and asked for water, the owner graciously offered me water from their dining room fountain and I got several refills. I liked the personal attention.

The only two requests that I would make to the owners are: Some kind of curtain or drape for the windows would have been great. The vertial blinds, unfortunately, did not block morning light. Also, the plastic cover over the mattress made a crunching noise each time I moved. While I understand the convenience of having one, perhaps for the comfort of guests, a stain resistant mattress would work best.

If I could, I would have stayed longer, though.

• Liked — Location, decor, price
  • Disliked — squeaky plastic mattress cover.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Waterfront, Owner at Orleans Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2008
I want to thank this reviewer for her suggestions. As a result we have added room darkening shades for those that would like to use them. We have also added Country Curtains as an accent to all rooms. Guests have a choice to enjoy an unobstructed view of the water or to adjust the light in the room to their convenience. We also have adjusted all bedding to customers preference. The guests can choose the bedding, comforters, pillows,etc. of their preference. We want their stay to be just like home. We love the Inn and the wonderful guests that make it possible for us to continue improving the experience. This is an example of how Trip Advisor works to benefit everyone who takes the time to use them. We welcome constructive suggestions and appreciate all the positive compliments.
North Salem, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

The Orleans Inn, located in Oleans, MA (Cape Cod), is a large inn located on the water. The family that owns the inn is friendly and accomodating. We always looked forward to a continental breakfast (includes fresh made eggs, if you wish!) and a paper each morning. The rooms are small, but functional, including a/c, heat, shower, tub, couch, queen bed, dresser, table and chairs. The inn also serves as a restaurant and bar, and some large parties (weddings, etc.) occur on the grounds as well. The best feature of the inn is that it is pet friendly, but the down side is that there is no way to access the water from the facility.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — No access to water you could see from your room
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Providence, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

My family and I spent a week on Cape Cod at the Orleans Waterfront Inn and can't wait to return. The Orleans Inn is truley our home away from home. This was our first visit to this Inn and we can't wait to return. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the best part is that a full breakfast is included in the morning. My kids, husband and myself loved it!!! Thumbs up to the entire staff at the Orleans Inn. We had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Orleans Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!