“nice view, terrible food and wine!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“nice view, terrible food and wine!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I called for a reservation for 6 on the deck at 5:30. I was told it was first come first serve, so we made one for inside at 5:30. We got there At 5:30 and they did not have our reservation. We sat down inside, and right behind us the seated people they knew outside!
The wine list was AWFUL! We had to ask for bread and dipping oil which was good.
The mussels were very bland, the wine was not cooked off. After we added dipping oil, salt pepper and parmesan cheese it was better. The onions were raw.
The panko flounder was dry and tasteless also. We ordered the fig ravioli salad with chicken. There was no chicken, the ravioli were gummy.
Oh well! Last time we dine there. But the coffee was delicious!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“best bartender!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

excellent place to eat! had a lot of fun a lot of locals there the bartender Sara is the best really made our night!!!

Visited August 2014
Onset, Massachusetts
“Not even too little too late... such a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband & I have been to the Bistro many times and have enjoyed our experiences. Living in town, we have always supported local businesses, We have friends who visit us once a year from out of state and have always thought we should bring them to the Bistro and sit at a certain table so we can enjoy the view. I actually went to the restaurant in person at noon to make the reservation and request a certain table. Everything seemed to be fine until we arrived and were told we could have a table by the front door rather than our water view table. We were told that the staff were young and shouldn't have taken our reservation with a specific table. The table we requested was for for 5 or 6 people and should not have been reserved for us. I told the manager that they should have called me if I couldn't have what I wanted and let me decide what I wanted to do. We were then offered a table outdoors which I didn't want in the first place because it would be too cold. At this point we wanted to go elsewhere but where to find a place at 7 pm on a Saturday would be unlikely. So we stayed. The long and short of it, the food was good, some items nothing special, overall adequate. There was a brief apology/explanation. After that we were told we could go inside to the table we wanted. We had finished eating, what's the point? When we left, we walked by the empty table which was set for four...just an insult. Bottom line, after all this aggravation and ruining what should have been a wonderful evening, we didn't receive a complimentary bottle of wine or drink. And the martinis were overpriced. Absolutely ridiculous. This used to be one of our favorite places to eat, but we probably won't go there again. Just overall bad customer service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wareham, Massachusetts
“Once is not enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

we came for lunch and dinner.

great food. super service. view of the harbor.

no hassle; stay as long as you like.
Tommy knows how to make a great gin martini.

great find to a returning summer home owner!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“One and done!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have driven by this place for years and have opted to go elsewhere. I am a bit more discriminating then my kids when it come to restaurants and I kinda had an 'average' feeling about this place. Well, as it turned out, I was a bit optimistic. It was clearly below average. Although the location was excellent and the service was even better, the food was almost inedible. My son, who is a real carnivore, took one bite of his burger and was done. Although he asked for it 'medium rare', it was dry and bland. The fries were frozen and the salad was right out of a bag. It just felt like they were mailing it in. We gave it a shot but will not give it another. There are simply too many other good options.

• Visited June 2014