“A couple of bad experiences in one weekend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Massachusetts
“A couple of bad experiences in one weekend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went here two nights in a row in September close to off season to the upstairs part of the restaurant. The service really wasn't great we just went in for drinks the first night and had to move because it was a little chilly we were told by the server to stay as long as we wanted since we weren't in his section.
The second night we went we were trying to enjoy a nice relaxing dinner and the waitress kept pressuring us to place the rest of our order. We wanted to wait until we were done with our appetizer to order our meals and she asked repeatedly if we were ready to order. Then to make matters worse she kept coming by asking if I was done with my meal and I had only taken a couple of bites. Just really horrible service.
Then next we sat there and watched as a couple asked for a table that had just become available and they gave them the run around for minutes instead of just cleaning the table so that they could sit down. Then when they were finally seated the manager came over and argued with the customer instead of saying sorry. Probably my worst dining experience on the Vineyard.

Upsides there is a great view from the upstairs dining are and the food is ok.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NancysRestaurant, Manager at Nancy's Restaurant, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
I am very sorry to hear our service didn't exceed your expectations. Customer service is very important to us. Our hiring process is very methodical and training about customer service is ongoing. In order to accommodate guests in an efficient manner with great service some tables in the dining room are reserved for a certain number of people or more only. I am not sure if this was the scenario you witnessed, regardless I would like to apologize. We never want our guests to feel rushed and once again I am sorry we dropped the ball in your experience. I hope you give us the opportunity to earn your business back in the future, I am certain if you give us the chance we will create a great dining experience for you. Thank you for your business

South Dennis, Massachusetts
“Our summer "go to" place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Love this place! Menu, atmoshpere, and views are fantastic! I will recommend Nancy's and will frequent it as well.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for dining with us. We appreciate your kind review and hope to see you again soon.
New England
“Wanted to eat where President Obama did.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great views, good food, a bit expensive but a real treat. Staff were welcoming, location ideal for an after dinner walk.

Visited October 2013
FL
“Frequented”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hubby and I would go to Nancy's outside raw bar area. Downstairs had some great cold beers (not always the case in Oak Bluffs), 5-6 microbrews. .... we loved the calamari..one of the best around. Great people watching!! Great sunset. Fun checking out the fancy boats too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

this restaurant is just ok,nothing special except its location,its over priced and food is average we went to the upstairs dinning room and only had to wait about 10 min not bad for august, we both ordered the fried seafood plate, shrimp was yummy but the fish looked to uniform in shape for both of us this makes me think it may have been frozen, taste wasn't fresh like ether, being a island there should be only fresh local fish being served. this is our second time back in 2 years and i don't think we'll go here again next visit time for something better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sarah thank you for dining with us. I apologize that the meal you purchased didn't exceed your expectations. I can assure you we only use the freshest fish available at all times. It is local New England cod sourced directly from New Bedford fisherman. We do cut the fish in order to provide a consistent size and dining experience, but in no way does that mean we freeze it. Please alert your server if a menu item is not to your liking and we will do everything in our power to make sure you have a wonderful experience. I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.