“Ribs, etc.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Ribs, etc.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This used to be a place we always went at least once a summer, but I was very disappointed with our last visit. The service was terrible even though our server said she had been there for many years. She recommended a dish to my daughter-in-law that turned out to be very fatty and not much meat. To the server's credit, she did give us the Island resident discount to make up for the poor food, but she shouldn't have recommended it in the first place. I don't eat much meat, but enjoyed the ribs I got as did my grandchildren. The sauce doesn't taste homemade, which would be nice. The corn seemed as if it had sat in hot water for awhile. I don't think the food or service warrants the high prices. But, we have had better experiences there in past years, so I'm hopeful things will improve before next summer.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Midcoast, ME
“Decent ribs.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Been going here for may years on our annual trip to the vineyard and not sure we will go back unfortunately. While the ribs were ok I just can't get past the high pricing and the fact the ribs were slightly dry and tough. Sauce did not seem to be homemade (which I would expect from a rib joint) and they left out our cornbread which we all love. Give it a shot if you are a bbq fiend but we will probably skip next year and save our $100 to cook in.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
nuweiba, sinai
“Terrible food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We ordered smoked chicken and ribs. Chicken was skin and bones, not much meat at all. I tried to order grilled ribs without any sauce but no success, they said it was impossible. So what i got was terrible. It was my second and last visit to this place, because first visit years ago wasnt much better.

Visited August 2011
Massachusetts
“Annual trip to Smoke'n Bones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is another restaurant that we go to annually.

The food is delicious - fried pickles, dry rub ribs, smoked prime rib, great cornbread. Can't go wrong. Friendly service. Owner is a really nice guy.

Not sure why this is ranked so low.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Really good BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We went to Smoke'n Bones for the first time on Memorial Day Weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the restaurant. The owner was warm and welcoming, the service was good, and the ribs were wonderful! The restaurant is just a 10-minute walk from the harbor and well worth it. We will go back!

• Visited May 2012