“The best tour and tour guide” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 Activities in Oak Bluffs
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour Martha's Vineyard in a 14 passenger, a/c touring van. Fully narrated by local, knowledgeable, and friendly guides. Our famous one hour tour, or, a 2.5 to 3 hour tour, which covers the entire island with great stops at the clay cliffs of Aquinnah and the working fishing village of Menemsha. See lighthouses, historic whaling captain homes from the 1800's on the streets of Edgartown. Enjoy Oak Bluffs, a Victorian style summer resort built around the historic Methodist Campground. We also offer 2 hour and customized tours.We travel to many places the "tour bus" cannot go....Martha's Vineyard Transport is the original van tour company, and now its seems Martha's Vineyard Excursion (ex neighbor employee) .not only copied are business plan, but also our ad picture of the van at the East Chop lighthouse..
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“The best tour and tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

Just yesterday, 12/2/14, we embarked on a short day trip to the Vineyard and we were greeted by our tour guide, Cheryl King. This was absolutely the best tour and tour guide - ever. Cheryl's enthusiasm and knowledge of the Vineyard was remarkable. Cheryl is a native of the Vineyard so we learned and saw a 'native's' view of the Island - defintely not just you average tour. Our adventure took us to Menemsha Fish Market for hot claim chowder, out to Aquinnah Cliffs, through Chilmark, West Tisbury, Oak Bluffs and Vineyard Haven. We had a blast and highly recommend MV Transport and Tours!

Sandy K.

Visited December 2014

Moncton
“All you need to know & see of the Vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We were a group of six and had never been to the Vineyard. Being mid-November we expected that many places would be closed for the season but our tour guide (Dave) brought it all alive. He was very knowledgeable and entertaining as well with stories of things that an average tourist might not be aware of. Dave stopped wherever we wanted for photo's and he was able to bring us into places where you cannot get to during peak season. The tour was definitely worth it, highly recommended and by the way ask for Dave.

Visited November 2014
Springdale, Arkansas
“EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED AND WANTED!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

Just one week ago (November 1), I toured Martha's Vineyard and cannot say enough about the company (Martha's Vineyard Transport and Tours), the owner (Ron Minkin) and my tour guide (Cheryl King). Ron was very competent and organized when I called to make a reservation. I had a very short time frame -- just one night on the Island and one full day, as I was there partly on business. Ron chose Cheryl because of my interest in art and history, especially. She was the perfect choice. My visit also happened to coincide with Halloween and the fall Nor'easter that cancelled ferries and nearly blew us all over! But it did not thwart my tour in the least!! Cheryl was great! I booked the 2 hour tour and we actually were gone almost 3! She took me to each of the towns, and the Chilmark area and then out to Menemsha. She is a 4th generation Islander and wealth of information on the history of the area and geological formations of the glacial irratics. Since it was raining, she stopped when she could, rolled the window down momentarily so I could get some good photos. She even photo'd what I wanted from her side of the van; and maneuvered the vehicle into place so I could get unobstructed shots through the windshield!! She took me to THE best place for lobster rolls and bisque, where we made a brief stop for lunch; then she graciously stopped at a gallery I needed to visit for a 15 minute appointment with the owner. She recommended good books to read ("Caleb's Crossing", by Geraldine Brooks is fabulous!) and showed me where one of the authors lives. From start to finish I felt like I was with an old friend showing me her hometown. In a very short time, I was given the all encompassing overview of the Island that I had envisioned. It just could not have been any better!! I highly recommend this company and my guide, Cheryl King.

Visited November 2014
San Jose, California
“Yes, as good as reviewed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

You can see from the 200+ reviews that this is an awesome tour company. We were there in Oct. 2014 and decided to do a last minute tour. We got Dave Alton as our guide and he was as good as the other reviewers have said. It was a great way to see and learn about the island.
Thanks you Dave for the great tour.

Visited October 2014
River Vale, New Jersey, United States
“An over-the-top Tour of the Vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Finally, after many years of visiting the Cape, we decided it was time to do a all encompassing tour of Martha's Vineyard. Our hotle recommended a private tour of the vineyard with this company. My wife and I wanted to see the great landscape, the vistas, and hear some history of the island. Wow...did these guys come throught for us. The vehicle was clean, the driver/fuidechadclived on there for nearly 25 years and seemedcto know great stories of the recent past.
We couldnt have found a better tour, or a better way to see the Vineyard all in a couple of hours.
Thanks for a great experience and day.
Chuck and Kathy from NJ