“i LOVE LOVE LOVE this place, sept, 2009, the date isn't up top, but the actual time was sept 2009, not sept 2010” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Inn

You added Island Inn to your Saves list
Island Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   30 Island Inn Road, Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02557   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

this place was beautiful and the scenery was awe inspiring. the grounds was filled with greenery, tennis court, a swimming pool, golf course, and a play area for children.

Room Tip: the deluxe studio had a kitchenette, where i enjoyed cooking.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is in a beautiful location and it has a great view. There is complete privacy and a tremendously helpful staff. The pool is special with its location and surroundings. You will not find a better place to stay in MV. The public transportation is available a minute from your door. The rooms are huge and very clean. I recommend this place to singles, families, couples and friends.

Room Tip: There are several types of rooms and I suggest you call and have them explain the options so you can...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel is about a mile away from Oak Bluff which makes it less convenient but quiet and restful. We traveled by bus and bikes. I stayed with friends and we enjoyed the communal space and kitchen but we had to pro-rate the amount we each paid since sleeping accommodations in the townhouse we shared varied from open loft, windowless sleeping area to sleeper sofa in the living room. The front desk and maids were very helpful. The fixtures were old and I was a little concerned with the cleanliness of the bedding.

Room Tip: Try to negotiate a better deal for bigger groups by staying extra days.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Get one of the 2nd floor townhouses. So much space, clean. Just like being in your own condo. Bus stop into town is right out front and Lola's, the restaurant on site, has great food and good nightlife. The bartenders make a White Chocolate Raspberry Martini to die for! The place is by no means perfect....but for my fiance and I it was great! As long as you stay upstairs the noise will not be a factor. And if it is...turn your A/C on high. You won't hear a damn thing!! Def would go back! Great town!!! Great experience for this young couple!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Swansea, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I took my husband on a one night buisness trip with me and we ended up staying 2 nights ! I wish I could stay all summer! The staff was extremly nice and helpful. . Our suite was gorgous.The Pool very clean. What a spectacular view of Nantucket Sound. Tennis courts, a playground and picnic area are scattered among the grounds, located between the Farm Neck Golf Club and the very popular Lola's restaurant The beaches are so close and OUTSTANDING. The view from our room left us breathless.The first evening we walked next door to Lolas for dinner.We had a ful functioning kitchen, a King size bed which btw was so comfortable I OVER SLEPT !!! I am so looking forward to staying at the Island Inn again...this time for a much longer stay ! I noticed how family and pet friendly this Inn is, and for that I give them 5 stars !! They are all around perfect!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I've stayed at the Island Inn about 6 times or so. The first time, I thought I wouldn't be back assuming there were even better places in my price range, but having stayed in several other places over the years, The Island Inn is the best in Oak Bluffs. I usually stay in the townhouse, which is plenty of room for 2 people and a nice little getaway with kitchen, 1.5 bathrooms, upstairs bedroom with queen size bed and twin beds on first level. There's a balcony as well. I've also stayed there with nieces, nephews. Very comfortable and enough space for all. It's not super chic or anything, but it's always been very clean and tasteful -- not musty or shabby.

There's a pool, tennis courts and lots of open space. You can walk down to the main square on OB and it's a nice morning walk for exercise but I would recommend a car too. If you have a lot of beach stuff, you won't want to haul it on foot. Also, if you're coming in after dark, there are no sidewalks at a point and you'd be walking along-side cars so it's easier to have your own car or jeep. (I love the jeep rental.) Or, the bus line is easy as well and stops right in front of the Inn. Cost about $1.00 each way. Hospitality is good and there's a Keurig Coffee Machine in the check-in lobby.

Finally, I'll add that there's a restaurant on the premises not owned by Island Inn but it's in your backyard and a nice place. I think it's reverted back to Lola's serving New Orleans style cuisine and a nice little dancing area to just hang out. It'sa very small dance space and sometimes there's just a dj playing oldies r/b but it's cool, respectable and pretty much the only thing going on past 11 p.m. for those of us who aren't "spring chickens."

Room Tip: I've only stayed in the Townhouse
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
mrbodywork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I rarely have negative comments to post, that being said, I would not stay at the Island Inn again. In fact I don’t know how the hotel can in good conscience rent out the first floor rooms let alone charge $220 a night!!. Management is well aware of the problem and they have had numerous complaints (heard this from the front desk staff). You WILL be woken up by the tenants above you walking around. If you are unfortunate enough to have children in that room, you will be miserable!! The townhouse suite above our room had a spiral metal staircase directly over our bed. Spiral staircases are notoriously noisy even when trying to be quiet. 4 children running up and down the stairs well you can imagine….

My wife and I chose to visit Martha’s Vineyard for our anniversary. We wanted to stay at a romantic B & B. Believing that the main tourist season was well over and waiting for Hurricane Earl to pass, we booked our stay 2 weeks before our anniversary. Mistake. Everything was booked in Oak Bluff with the exception of the Island Inn. That should have been a hint.

We stayed in room 37 in Building G, the ground floor. The building has two levels of rooms with the second floor rooms set up as two level townhouses. The building is well maintained with recent paint. The room was clean though the layout is somewhat unusual. The bedroom in the two room layout is closest to the hall. The walls appear very thin with little insulation or soundproofing, particularly the ceiling. We were woken up the first morning at 7 am. For the next 90 minutes the kids ran up and down the stairs. It was just short of being inside a bass drum. I called the office several times and at 8 am finally reached someone and was told there were no other rooms available. We made the best of it and started our anniversary a little early. We came back from the beach and took a nap at 5:30 and were awoken at 6 pm. Sunday, as we expected, no alarm was necessary. The day started at 7:20 with the pitter patter of 4 sets of feet running up and down the stairs. At check out I spoke to the front desk staff who listened to my complaints. They nodded agreement, and in perfect customer service fashion, apologized for a known problem. If only I had known in advance. Unless the Management undertakes a major renovation to sound proof the downstairs units, no one should rent a first floor unit!! Please be forewarned.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!