“We loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Alexandria, Virginia
“We loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We ate here several times for breakfast. The food was always good. We ate different things from the menu every time. The staff was great. I highly recommend this place. It's best to go early to avoid the wait for seating.

Boston
“Great biscuit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I'm from Texas, but I've lived in New England since 1995.

I was in Oak Bluffs with my 2 kids after camp and tummies were growling. I was in a hurry to get somewhere but needed something to tide us over. I have passed this place many times swearing to give it a try. Perfect time!

Ran in, ordered 3 biscuits & butter. That was it. Very friendly lady at the counter. Bagged us up 3 warm ones with real butter packets. Ate them outside on the run. I said to my daughter, now THIS is a GOOD biscuit! She asked if it was as good as my Grandma's in Texas. Everyone knows that my grandma made the best southern cooking, esp her biscuits. I said, it's pretty close. That's a big compliment. The other foods I saw go by looked good, like the fried chicken. Will def make a point of stopping in again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Very yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Enjoyed this place late on a Sunday morning. It was predictably busy but were told it would be about 20 minutes for our party of 4( the actual wait may have been less) & they were very good about checking on us & letting us know they were working. The host was very sweet & welcoming. I was intrigued & wanted so many different things (like the chicken & waffles) but wanted biscuits since that's the name of the place. My husband got chicken with biscuit, I got biscuits with gravy. Very yummy, will be back to try some other things very soon!!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Soulful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

chicken and waffles- perfectly prepared
bacon cakes- interesting breakfast twist- very good
portions- well balanced
home fries not what you would expect but very good- try them

My travel mates made this a go- to for late breakfast. I'm good with that.

Long Island, NY
“Best Codfish sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The best codfish sandwich I have had in a very long time! The food was fresh and the service great. The place is always busy especially for breakfast so get there early and enjoy!