“best restaurant on Martha's Vineyard” 5 of 5 stars

+1 508-696-6040
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Cat Kitchen at Ken N' Beck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New York, New York, United States
“best restaurant on Martha's Vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

There are a handful of great restaurants on Martha's Vineyard but this one has the most amazing combination of awesome fresh food (the scallops and tuna among our favorite entrees but the gnocci is a killer also), an incredible selection of food (including onion rings and tater tots to fill up the younger ones), and the best service without the "we are doing you the favor" attitude that one sometimes finds on the Vineyard. We had a group of 16 people (7 adults and 9 college/post-college kids) and they were incredibly helpful in re-arranging the tables to accommodate us, plus they got all 16 appetizers and all 16 entrees to us virtually at the same time. The chef came out to thank us for coming. We also love the vibe there, casual atmosphere and everyone who works there -- bartender, wait staff, manager -- are friendly and seem happy to be there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston
“A great choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was very good and the service was great!
The only downside was that there were not many options for my toddler.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, Massachusetts
“We had a chance to eat with the President but we chose The Red Cat Kitchen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was one of the best meals I have ever had (and my son is a chef!).
The menu is fun, fresh and full of choices for everyone.
I had the Fresca and the Gnocci of the day- both with pops of flavor.
The wait staff was on point and the bartender knows how to make a real drink.
As a scotch drinker I appreciate that!
Meeting and a hug from the chef was the highlight of my evening.
Thank you Red Cat!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Watertown, Massachusetts
“Best Fried Chicken & Waffles......EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I took my wife here on a date to get away from my family.....

and what an escape. I remember the old Red Cat....and loved the food at their old location so many years ago, so i knew i would love it revamped.

The decor is eclectic and the art is amazing....Rocco Vitelle, a local artist, has a number of paintings up on the wall.

Drinks are served up in varying sizes of Mason jars...whimsical.

I can go into great detail about the OTHER things we ordered.....but i won't.
All you need to know is that their Chicken & Waffles is TO DIE FOR.

Buttermilk Soaked half a chicken....crispy on the outside and well-seasoned and juicy inside.
Came with a warm, soft and chewy waffle, a cloud of whipped potatoes, bacon-braised kale and a maple-vanilla-vidalia onion broth.

So good...we were stuffed and could but barely read the dessert menu before we needed a stretcher to get us to our car.

Go...........

Enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Need to go back and see if it better the second time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I would love to give these 5 stars. My husband loved his meal. My was the worse vegetarian meal I have had. I was so excited. I wanted to see the chef work his creative magic to make a great Vegetarian meal. I have several great vegetarian dinners made my chefs all over the country. I was highly disappointed. Highly!

I got a bunch of little bowls full of cold food. Cold bean salad, beets, salad. I would have loved to have what my husband had minus the fish. Maybe a piece of spiced grilled tofu instead. I ate most of his Warm vegetables and potatoes.

I was shocked to see so much friend food. A great way to ruin a farm to table meal.

On the bottom of the menu it states to tell the server if you have food allergies, I do dairy. I really wanted to try the soup minus the butter. The chef would not allow it. Whatever!

The server was working the whole venue. He was amazing. The bartender had a, I" don't care attitude. "The hostess was a hot mess. She always looked confused. She did not keep her composure well.

The music could be turned down a little. Obviouly a lot of people were not happy with the loud mucis. You could see it on their face as they tried to talk to one another. This is not a hipster club. It is a dinniong spot.

Next year we hope to try it again and see how it goes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere