“Need to go back and see if it better the second time!” 4 of 5 stars

+1 508-696-6040
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Cat Kitchen at Ken N' Beck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Nashville, Tennessee
“Need to go back and see if it better the second time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I would love to give these 5 stars. My husband loved his meal. My was the worse vegetarian meal I have had. I was so excited. I wanted to see the chef work his creative magic to make a great Vegetarian meal. I have several great vegetarian dinners made my chefs all over the country. I was highly disappointed. Highly!

I got a bunch of little bowls full of cold food. Cold bean salad, beets, salad. I would have loved to have what my husband had minus the fish. Maybe a piece of spiced grilled tofu instead. I ate most of his Warm vegetables and potatoes.

I was shocked to see so much friend food. A great way to ruin a farm to table meal.

On the bottom of the menu it states to tell the server if you have food allergies, I do dairy. I really wanted to try the soup minus the butter. The chef would not allow it. Whatever!

The server was working the whole venue. He was amazing. The bartender had a, I" don't care attitude. "The hostess was a hot mess. She always looked confused. She did not keep her composure well.

The music could be turned down a little. Obviouly a lot of people were not happy with the loud mucis. You could see it on their face as they tried to talk to one another. This is not a hipster club. It is a dinniong spot.

Next year we hope to try it again and see how it goes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, New York
“Top Notch Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have been wanting to try Red Cat every year we visit MV. So glad we finally got a chance to try the food. We were lucky to get a reservation by calling at 530pm and were able to get the last reservation @ 6pm (when they open). The ambience is very cool and relaxed. We had a nice seat at the back of the restaurant where we could see the kitchen and the small bar area. Our waiter was nice and efficient. They serve your wine or drinks in bell jar glasses, which I loved!! I ordered the Fish fresca dish (normally served with Monkfish) but Cod wrapped in proscuitto was the fish in the dish! It was delicious! The fish and whipped potatoes are nicely "rested" in the fresca broth. The waiter brought a soup spoon with my dish, which I did use at the end to "scoop" the broth and remaining food. Honestly it was so good, probably one of the best meals that I have had in some time. My dining companion had a Caesar Salad (enough for 2 people) and the gnocchi special of the night (listed as an appetizer) which was a light alfredo sauce with ham, lobster, and peas. The taste of the dish was divine!! We wanted to try a dessert but were so stuffed and satisified that we didn't. But the dessert choices looked awesome, next time!! Be sure to call for a reservation, I am guessing your chances of walking in are not great in high season.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“unique, quaint, fresh and exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was not only "unique, quaint, fresh and delicious" it was the kind of place that makes you feel like you are more than a customer - they appreciate you and they show it. The food is enough to bring you back over and over but in addition, the service staff is impeccable, knowledgable, courteous and efficient. They treat every table like they are the top priority - always a sign of greatness. I don't say this lightly - The Chef BEN DEFOREST clearly takes pride in every aspect of his business, most importantly his local ingredients. I was blown away by the flavors and original combinations. The hostess who's name escapes me now unfortunately (night of Saturday August 10th) was organized, sweet, attentive and knowledgable. The food came right on time, we never felt rushed, nor did we wait for anything. The bottom line here is that you owe it to yourself and to your loved ones to have dinner at the Red Cat. Be prepared to be blown away. It's a must, and I think I've found the best resturant in Oak Bluffs - and I'm affraid that's an understatement. I can't thank them enough. I'll say it again it's A MUST!!!

Visited August 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Oh So Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have missed The Red Cat ever since it closed and now we have The Red Cat Kitchen at Ken N' Beck. Our meal was terrific.....fresh, interesting mix of ingredients. Bluefish needs to be fresh and it was as was the swordfish. The fresca is superb; the chocolate creme brulee is the stuff of dreams. The service was attentive but not fawning. Can't wait to return. Be sure to make reservations early; we were only able to get in due to a last minute cancellation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Haven, Connecticut
“incredibly fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely the best we had all week! The staff was great very professional,fun,friendly and helpful. We had the tasting from Bens imagination the chef pics what you'll have for dinner it was very adventurous for us but was also exciting as we had no idea what we would be getting. The first thing out was fresh tuna, it melted in your mouth,second was striped bass in a cream sauce, it was excellent. Third was gnocchi with lobster... All I can say is wow! It was that good. This place is the real deal and if you don't try it you'll be missing out on a great culinary gem. Thanks to everyone there for making our dinner special.

Visited August 2013