“Fun night time freshly made donuts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Back Door Donuts

Back Door Donuts
5 Post Office Square, behind the Oak Bluffs Post Office, Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02557
508-693-3688
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dessert
Boston
“Fun night time freshly made donuts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had jelly, Boston creme and chocolate glazed, all were very good! Donuts are sold starting at 7:30 pm. Line forms at ths back of the bakery. Lots to chose from and you can see them being made.

Milan, New Mexico
“Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

If you have not had Back Door Donuts, you have not truly experienced Oak Bluffs or Marthas Vineyard. These donuts are still warm when you get them and they MELT in your mouth! Oh my are they great. It took me a couple of years to realize you actually have to go to the back door and often you have to wait in a big,long line but the line moves quickly and it's worth it and a true Vineyard experience. It is a good way to end the night. My favorite donut is the raised honey dipped donuts. I ate two every single night I was there and wish I had one right now! The air in Oak Bluffs has the lingering perfume of these terriffic donuts and you are drawn to it. This is an experience that is worth the time and the wait. Yeah, they are a little pricey about $ 1.25 each and the Apple fritters are about 2-3 dollars but totally worth it. After all, when you're on vacation little pleasures like BD Donuts are an unforgettable experience. I crave them all year long and can't wait until I visit MV next summer!

The gourmet bakery inside also has lots of delectable creations. Yummy!

• Visited August 2012
“Ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Picked up apple fritter after dinner. 4 dollar each they were huge. Good deal. Hard with glaze on the outside very soft inside but only 2 little piecs of apples. I think they should put more apples inside. Just a pick up and go place. Can't sit Dow during there late night shift. I would not go back for those b

• 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Gotta get me some DONUTS!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We are lucky we went at the right time and waited like 10 mins on line. We overindulged on the donuts but well worth every inch and pound probably gained. :) We had the Apple Fitter ($4 each) we got 2 but let me tell you 1 is plenty big for 2 people. Our Doggie ended up with the other one I would say a very special treat for him. We also got the Boston Cream ($1.25) and this one was the Favorite one. Stuffed galore. The Raspberry Jelly Donut ($1.25) awesome as well. The Buttermilk ($1) soooo good (I liked this one). The cinnamon and sugar ($1) one was excellent too. Sugar overload but well worth it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
“Huge apple fritters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I waited in line for 30 minutes and got the much talked about apple fritter. The fritters are huge. Delicious and it actually had apples. Worth the wait.