“Cute as a button” 4 of 5 stars

Get Ready for Spring 2015
Ranked #8 of 16 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
“Cute as a button”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

This place was altogether too cute. Staff were friendly, rooms quaint and in a great location. Sure, things are a little compact but I wouldn't have booked a B&B if I wanted spacious, open-plan accommodation.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Napoli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've spent two days at Narragansett House middle of Sept. That was a very good choice! Position is good, close both to the beach and Oak Bluffs city center. The B&B itself is nice, rooms are nice too, andclean, average in size. Welcome from staff was warm, they were also helpful in giving directions and explaining the island a little. What else? Oh, muffins at breakfast were good too! Adviced.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ours has been an end of season retreat to the island (first time visit) and this property was selected out of necessity based on availability of rooms at the last minute. Be that as it may, I was a little weary before we arrived but became pleasantly surprised upon check in. We stayed in the Iroquois House and our room was very comfortable for this type of house. The owners have done a magnificent job of restoring the properties.

Jane, the proprietor, was very nice and helpful while we were checking in and give us the nickel tour of the island from the ariel photo hanging at the front desk.

This was a very nice stay and I would have no reservations about staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend. We were in room 11, which is a nice big corner room with lots of windows, a screen door and a kitchenette. It was just right for us. The owner was very helpful wih advice about where to get bikes (we got a $5 discount because we were staying there) and where to pick up the bus for our trip to Aquinnah. The breakfast was fine - several types of muffins, coifee cake, juice - but I would have liked a lower fat alternative like maybe oatmeal or English muffins. Regarding the low ratings in tripadvisor, notice that the 3 "terrible" review were logged in the same week, possibly by the same set of travelers, and please take that into account. We would definitely stay here again!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Adorable accommodation with a personal touch.
Staff fantastic! They are friendly, accomodating and full of great tips on where to go etc
The rooms are quaint and the beds are super comfortable, if you are wanting lots of space then go to a hotel and not a bed and breakfast.
Exceeded all my expectations and will be coming back soon!

Berwick, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I came to the Vineyard for a week long conference. The other hotel I had booked at never received my reservation (careful with Booking.com - they had emailed me 'reservation confirmed' but the hotel never received it.) Jane, who with her husband Paul owns the Narragansett House and the Iroquois House right across the street, was truly gracious and took me in and gave me a room on no notice. The room was beautiful. It was large enough to suit my needs and had great storage space. Hand stained wood, big old wardrobe, door with stained glass transom on top, much natural light from the windows and the glass paneled door leading out onto a small deck - I was so impressed with the attention to detail and tlc that went into creating this welcoming space. The windows and deck door were treated with white 'rice paper' shades and light white gauze curtains - just light, airy and beautiful. I am the lightest sleeper in the world, but the ceiling fan combined with the small but sufficient air conditioner/fan in one of the windows was effective white noise. The Iroquois House was quiet, so I was in good shape for my mornings. The room and bathroom (small, white, pretty with awesome water pressure) were sparkling clean and housekeeping came in daily in an incredibly unobtrusive way. They have a small shared fridge for guests to store food/beverages in. Jane was gracious and helpful - she got me everywhere I needed to go and never showed stress from my many, many visits to her with questions and need of direction. I absolutely loved my stay there and would very highly recommend the Iroquois House to anyone who wants a real b&b experience. The house is a block away from the beach, a block from Circuit St, a 5 minute walk to the bus stop and a 15 minute bus drive to Edgartown. Perfect.

Room Tip: My Iroquois House room had ac and small deck. The house is quiet at night so probably good for peopl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were charmed by the house and the Iroqois annex in which we stayed.
Jane, the owner received us graciously and permitted us to stay several hours past check out time.
Our room was romantic and charming and the ceiling fan and comfy bed had us sleeping 9 hours a night.
We enjoyed the terrace off our room while listening to wonderful gospel singing emanating from next door's Union House of Worship.
The proximity to the main drag, Circuit Avenue, the beach and the harbor were perfect.
Loved it!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Narragansett House? Share your experiences!