“The location, the people, and the small touches made this hotel a great place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nashua House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
Nashua House Hotel
Save Saved
You added Nashua House Hotel to your Saves list
9 Healy Way, PO Box 803, Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02557   |
Special Rate
$99 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located right in downtown Oak Bluffs, within walking distance to the beach, the bus line, and all of the restaurants and stores.
From the moment we arrived, the hotel staff was accommodating, kind, and helpful. The small touches they placed around the hotel made it feel like home. There was a keurig machine with free coffee, homemade cookies, and a stocked candy dish at all hours in the lobby.
Although the room we stayed in was very small, it was enough space to sleep in. Our room also had a balcony which was a must for extra space.
Needless to say, sharing a bathroom was far from ideal, but it was worth savig the $100 per night extra that we would have paid to have our own bathroom.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a couple away on a long weekend.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is the first time we stayed over at Marthas Vineyard, and we are very pleased on our stay at the Nashua House Hotel, the room was very cozy and bright it had 3 windows for viewing one overlooking the park and ocean. The bed was very comfortable which made for a good nights sleep, it is within walking distance to everything you would need, from eating, shopping, dancing... They had coffee and fruit and snacks in the lobby, chips and water in the room and the staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay there again, and the price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views and less traffic
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My stay at the Nashua House was the most pleasant accident I've experienced in a very long time. You really should consider staying here.

I was on the Cape for a wedding and felt the need to run away. I grabbed a ride to the closest ferry and as soon as I docked I googled directions to Offshore Brewing Company. I had no room to stay in, no car, and absolutely no plans; what better way to figure all of that out than over a pint.

As I walked up to Offshore's entrance I noticed the Nashua House across the street; on a whim I wheeled my bag up to the door & rang the bell. Within moments I was greeted by Lorry's bright eyes and broad smile, "Welcome"! I inquired, with what I'm sure were pleading eyes, "do you have a little, itty bitty room for just me? I don't require much, just some quiet". Lorry let me know that their "little, itty bitty room" was booked, but that she had a lovely room, #11, available for the night. I was given the "walk in" rate of $121 after taxes. And then Lorry and I began chatting.

Lorry has to be one of the coolest, intuitive inn keepers I've ever met. In our initial 10-15 minute conversation she was able to make recommendations for just about anything I could have wanted during my stay. As we chatted I helped myself to the bowl full of tootsie rolls on the counter and made myself a fresh cup of coffee... I noticed the fridge under the counter that I could use and the beach towels/beach chairs that would come in very handy. I thanked Lorry and headed up two flights to my room, room #11.

Room #11 faces Offshore Brewing and has bright, expansive windows on two walls. There was a window air conditioner that was working double duty in the 90+ degree and super humidity, a small flat screened television that didn't get turned on, and an alarm clock that was set to 0:00. I thought the 0:00 was so fitting I had to take a picture and didn't set it while I was there. There are shared baths and there was one directly next to me and one across the hall. Everything was so clean, and tidy it was as if I was staying in someone's home. There are "quiet hours" from 10pm-7am, but it didn't matter.... it was quiet the entire time I was there, morning noon and night. BUT if you ARE a light sleeper, Lorry has ear plugs in a bowl next to the tootsie rolls.

As I was on a "run away adventure" I didn't really have toiletries with me.... it didn't matter, there were RUSK brand soap/shampoo & conditioner in the room and pretty fab fluffy towels. My bed was exceptional and the pillows were perfect.

The Nashua House is an experience, if you are an experiential traveler. If you like to keep to yourself, it's a quiet place in the most PERFECT location in OB. Between Lorry's attention to detail and hospitality, the location, the price, and the tootsie rolls I have to say this was one of the most serendipitous experiences I've had in a long time.

Thank you to The Nashua House, Lorry, and Zac for making my stay in MV perfect.

thank you for making my run away adventure exactly what I needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is my second time to visit Martha's Vineyard and 2nd time to stay at the Nashua House!! Very inexpensive stay for the area. Very accommodating as well! I booked a room for a certain night but I called to reschedule for a different night due to travel plans. It was no problem at all. They were not able to give me the room I needed (two beds). I was offered one bed for two adults and one child. Not a problem for me because they offered a cot for my child!! By the way, they don't normally accept children under a certain age but was also accommodating in this area as well. Keurig Coffee maker and fruit offered in the lobby...available at all times. You will be issued a key to your room and a key to the house as well so you can come and go at will. I did not see an iron ( I am sue they have one if you ask) but there is a blow dryer on the chest of drawers! There is not always someone at the desk so if you need something special.. ask at check in!! If you are looking for breakfast... "Biscuits" has 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, 2 biscuits with white gravy and a nice serving of potato balls ( they call them homefries) for $8.75! A large portion of food. I could not eat it all. A menu is provided in the lobby of the Nashua House for a lot of eating places in the area! The Gingerbread houses is a must see in Martha's Vineyard!!! Walk one block over and you will be on one of the main shopping streets!! Oh and the Nashua house is walking distance from the ferry in Oak Bluffs.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed four nights in late May in Room 14 on the third floor and were quite happy with this hotel. The room and the bed were indeed tiny, and with only one window it did get a bit stuffy, though this was eventually remedied with a fan; we were also offered a window air conditioner. On the plus side, it was quiet and had a sink, so I would definitely choose it again.

The free snacks in the lobby (fruit, granola bars, fresh cookies, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc.) were a nice little touch. Everything in the lobby, the room, and the bathrooms was spotlessly clean.

The location can't be beat, just steps from stores, restaurants, the post office, Ocean Park, the city beach, the ferry terminal, and the bus stop to get you pretty much everywhere on the island, including the airport. Back Door Donuts is right across the street, as is Offshore Ale Company. In the shoulder season (we went just after Memorial Day), nothing was crowded, the weather was lovely, and all was bliss.

Both women working the front desk were friendly, and Lori was especially knowledgeable and helpful. When we came back from our last morning of exploring the town to claim our luggage and catch the bus to the airport, she surprised us by calling their driver and getting us a ride in their 1956 Rolls Royce. The driver was a very nice college kid who grew up on the island and was happy to chat and be a bit of a tour guide along the way. Truly wonderful end to a great stay.

Room Tip: Room 14 is quiet and has a sink but can get a bit stuffy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Each of the two women at the front desk were quite friendly and accommodating, offering beach towels to borrow and some good advice on restaurants and bike rentals too. The room was cozy and the beds almost miniature but the room and the bathrooms are clean and well maintained and the bath towels were soft and fresh. Over all it has a simple, local, charm with the added benefit of friendly staff and easy access to the ferry and lively Oakbluffs' scene.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

A cozy, nice hotel with a perfect location in Oak Bluffs. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms are shared with other two or three rooms and still convenient. A little bit noisy at night before 1:30am, and front desk has ear plug to use if needed. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and Would like to return if we get chance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Nashua House Hotel? Share your experiences!