“Pleasant enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
San Antonio, texas
“Pleasant enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The staff gets 5 stars, but they are limited by the fairly standard arrangements. Nothing special about the rooms, a lone tv in a bare bones self serve bar and coffee area. Actually, I was ok with the trappings personally, but my family didn't think we got much for our $$.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We arranged to have our guests stay at the Wesley Hotel for our recent wedding, and are so glad we did. The hotel staff were incredibly welcoming, helpful and conscientious; they checked in with us regularly to make sure we had everything we needed, and they were very courteous and professional. The hotel is also beautiful, with a welcoming lobby and common areas and a fantastic front porch with rocking chairs for enjoying the view.

I cannot say enough good things about the excellent service we received from the Wesley Hotel's wonderful staff. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone arranging travel to the Vineyard, and particularly to couples looking for wedding lodging options.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Enfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Wesley Hotel has a vintage vibe, wonderful location abutting the harbor, and the most lovely porch lined with old fashioned rockers just perfect for people watching! The location is convenient to the ferry, island transit, restaurants and fishing pier. We make sure to visit a few weekends each summer.

Room Tip: The annex building has an elevator, the main building does not.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wesley_Hotel_Staff, Manager at Wesley Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear LG,

Thank you for your review! Staff of the Wesley Hotel will continue to do our best
to bring you the most positive experience we can achieve!
Hope to see you again at the Wesley Hotel!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

A group of 4 women we rented two double rooms, both with a beautiful view. The rooms were the right size, the staff was AWESOME and our stay great. Lovely porch, close to everything and in front of the water. We loved it. Very European feel to it, not overly luxurious but just right. Thanks for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Chicadominguez,

Thank you for your review of the Wesley Hotel!
We all appreciate your kind words and will be happy if you decide to
stay with us again!
Wantage, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Walking into the Wesley was like stepping back in time. This only added to the historical charm of the hotel. The room was small but clean. The location was perfect. We were in walking distance from the ferry and local sights. The staff was pleasant. There is no restaurant at the hotel but it is in walking distance to all the local restaurants. The price per night was very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. My stay at the Wesley was a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura P.,

thank you very much for your review! The staff at the Wesley Hotel is very pleased that you liked your stay. We are looking forward to greeting you again at the Wesley!
East Wareham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I booked this hotel in Nov for my children and grandson for the fireworks week only to find out by accident that they booked me for June instead of August. I was offered a say for the Wed, Thur Sat but no Friday and I excepted these dates being on a cancelation date for Friday. I received a call the next day telling me they found me a hotel the next town over, I was told they could and would not accept the terms and would refund my charge. I directly spoke with the owner who was rude and not unsympathetic. I have never been spoken to in the manner that spoke to me with the situation being. He should not be in business. I would like to report I called another hotel Isabella's Hotel and she was sympathic (as well as Dockside Inn) and found my family rooms at Pequot Hotel immediately while I was on the phone with them. Oaks Bluff has that amazing charm and wonderful staffing facilities that still go to help tourist even if they wont be staying at their hotel. To Wesley staff..........................you wont hear from me again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Wesley_Hotel_Staff, Manager at Wesley Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Diane D.,

We would like to acknowledge the fact that you did book two rooms with us in November. However, the reservation card that was filled out at that time showed that you have requested them for the dates in June. There is a possibility of a human error form our part, but we promptly e-mailed you a detailed confirmation summarizing your stay, and never heard from you until last week.
At that point the very popular weekend in August was completely sold out at our property. We tried initially to put your party on the waiting list, but that would mean you switching rooms every single night, which would be very inconvenient for your party in the first place.
We then called a number of hotels in the area, including Isabelle's beach house, Dockside Inn and Pequot hotel and could not find any availability for those dates.
After that, we have located two very nice rooms in a hotel in Vineyard Haven. Only after you have refused to stay there, the owner of the hotel explained to you that we cannot accommodate your party. I was witnessing of the conversation, and can testify that he was polite and apologized for the regrettable matter, which looks to us like nothing more than a human error, easily correctable should you have promptly read your confirmation and have notified us.
We are happy that you've found accommodations and would like to wish you a pleasant stay on Martha's Vineyard Island!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We love the old world charm of the Wesley. Right on the harbor, walking distance to the downtown.
The staff was helpful & the rooms were of adequate size, Bathrooms clean, and a bit small.
We loved to sit on the wide front porch and watch the boats in the harbor.
No dining room, but close to restaurants & bars & movies.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wesley Hotel? Share your experiences!