“Looking forward to another visit in the near future” 5 of 5 stars

Pequot Hotel
19 Pequot Ave, Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02557   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
ivoryton, ct
“Looking forward to another visit in the near future”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Our family greatly enjoyed this charming hotel. The accommodations and suite-like room were perfect for our family of 4. Within minutes of our arrival we felt comfortable to wander about, enjoy the front porch, have a delightful snack and settle into our home away from home. The breakfast was plentiful in the morning, the cookies and lemonade were a treat in the afternoon, and playing board games on the porch in the evening was and ideal way to relax for the night. The hotel is just a 2-3 minute walk to the fairly quiet beach (perfect for watching the sunrise) and just a few minutes from downtown. The staff was pleasant and quite helpful. We certainly enjoyed every minute of our trip.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear newladybug14,

Thank you so very much for choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation! I'm so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and felt so at home. That is certainly our intention for all of our guests and I'm happy that it was indeed your experience.

When your travels bring you back to the Vineyard, we will all look forward to once again being your "home away from home"!

With my warmest regards,
Lisa

p.s. I'm so happy you enjoyed the sunrises! I, too am amazed by them daily.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Clean hotel, quite nice but small room. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Our room was upstairs, one stair, no elevator. The stair was very narrow and hard to walk up and down with suitcases. The hotel was close to the center of Oak Bluffs and the restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Maria W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Pequot. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. I will certainly pass on your compliments to Nadir, Nichola, Maxine, Amoya, Betty and Pansy. They are the team members responsible for the care and cleaning of our guest rooms. It will make them happy to know that their efforts made you happy. Thank you.

As far as the size of the rooms, we have 32 rooms of varying size and configuration. You are correct, some are indeed modest in size. Some, however are quite spacious. That is why we always recommend our guests call the hotel directly so we can best assist in the choosing of the most appropriate accommodation for the particular needs of the guest.

We would of course love to have you visit us again and if you do, we will make certain to help you with your luggage if you so desire. There is always a team member at the ready to assist with luggage when requested.

Thank you for staying with us!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Pequot Hotel for two nights; the place was very warm and friendly, loved the complimentary home-made cookies in the afternoon, complimentary breakfast, cheese and wine on porch every afternoon, and ample array of board games for rainy days. The staff was very accommodating and very very friendly. The room was great; No luxury, no frills but comfortable and clean, just as expected. Good location, juts a few minutes walking distance to the Oak Bluffs town area. I would highly recommend to anyone, and would definately come back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Sabrinan81,

Thank you so much for choosing the Pequot for your recent Vineyard vacation. And thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit!

I'm so pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us. You mentioned our Friday Night Porch Party in particular. That event is new this season, and has been so well received that we will certainly continue it next season when you return! Just be sure to be here on a Friday night. We'll look forward to seeing you!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel in my opinion is the best in Oaks Bluff. My daughter and I arrived a little too early to check in so the hotel staff gave us maps and ideas for site seeing. We walked around Oaks Bluff for a bit and then came back (with a bottle of wine) and sat in the rocking chairs on the front porch. It was very nice and relaxing. Others were also waiting and it was fun to visit with them. Our room was absolutely adorable. It was one of the two twin bed rooms and this one had a deck over the patio. We loved our little room. I live on the West Coast but have relatives in Vermont and this room reminded me of my time spent there…especially when we had a nice rain storm and could listen to it and smell the fresh air from our deck. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear 369NFerrari,

Thank you so much for the nice compliment! And more importantly, thank you for staying with us! It was certainly our pleasure to met you and your daughter and I hope that if your travels bring you back east, you will come to visit us again. I will try to arrange for some melodious raindrops on your roof!

My very best regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was surprised by my now husband with a quick weekend get away to Martha's Vineyard. He booked two nights at the Pequot for the Vineyard's opening week in May. The place was adorable and close enough to the main road, but not too close where you would have to hear all of the commotion. They had a wine tasting, where we had an opportunity to meet and chat with other guests, creating less of a hotel feel and more of a welcoming inn feel. The room was spacious and home-like. This soon became a place very close to our hearts because it is where my husband proposed, before we went out to a nice dinner in town. We hope to return soon, not only for the nostalgia and wonderful memories but also because it is a great little place with amazing service!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tricia M,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit in May. We feel truly honored to have been included in such and important and memorable event...your engagement! We wish you much happiness and send all our congratulations and best wishes to you both!

Maybe a honeymoon at The Pequot!?!

My very warmest regards,
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My 20 year old daughter and I stayed in the Annex for 4 nights and we were already planning our return for the next year while were still there! The Pequot is a homey inn on a quiet windy street, lined with lovely historic houses, landscaped with an abundance of flowers. As others have mentioned, a breakfast spread and afternoon iced tea and lemonade with decadent chocolate chip cookies is a daily treat. Large covered porch with rockers and a porch swing- read a book or unwind! There is a bike rack if you bring or rent a bicycle. Parking seems tight, but who needs a car here?
Rooms in the annex are accessed up a very steep stairwell- the only negative I can mention. If this is a deal breaker...book early so that you can get a diff part of the hotel. These rooms are small, clean and air conditioned. No tv. Wifi in "lobby" area, not the room. Iron, hair dryer, boutique shampoos/conditioner provided. The Pequot also will provide you with beach chairs or blankets/towels for the beach. There are bathrooms with showers if you must check out, but still want to stay for the day.
The Pequot can not be faulted for location- stroll to the beach, the main drag for restaurants, shopping, Back Door Cafe/bakery, the Gingerbread historic houses, carousel, easy access to the shuttle bus for points further. The shuttle is surprisingly easy and runs on time in peak season. No need for your car. Shuttles are beach chair and bicycle friendly.
But... Most importantly...the staff. This is by far the nicest team of people you will ever meet. Nothing is too much, they are always available with info, suggestions, answers, help and just a friendly "what did you do today?" Felt more like being someone's houseguest than a paying guest of a hotel.
Take my suggestion... Stay here. And then go jump off a bridge!- ask the ladies at the desk what I mean.

Room Tip: Book early. The annex is tight and no tv, if you need one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Unoudeaux,

Thank you so much for the lovely and very thorough review of your recent visit to the Pequot. I am so very pleased that you and your daughter appreciated so many aspects of your visit, and even more pleased that we will have the opportunity to see you again!

It was certainly a pleasure to watch you and your daughter enjoy yourselves and while exploring the Vineyard and we will all look forward to meeting your other children when you return. Please call directly to book so we can best assist you in choosing the most appropriate accommodation.

Maybe when you return we can all go jump off the bridge together!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We ended up staying here by someones recommendation in a Rhode Island B&B and am so glad he took the time to tell us about it and set it up for us! Thanks Toni! We were treated to a beautiful place, wonderful party on Friday evening, and a fabulous breakfast! so quaint... I would go back in a heartbeat! The manager as super sweet and had wine and chocolates on our bed when we got there to celebrate our anniversary. We are telling everyone we know about what a wonderful time we had there. We will be back!

Room Tip: request a room with private bath
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Lori r,

Thank you for the nice review of your recent stay at the Pequot. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend with us and hope that you will return to celebrate many more!

I will be sure to pass on your kind words of thanks to Tony, who works at our sister Atlantic Stars properties in Newport as well as here at the Pequot, for referring you to us. And I will be sure to extend to him our thanks as well for sending us such nice guests!

When someone has a great experience here at the Pequot and then spreads the word to friends and family, as you said was your intention, it is the best compliment we can hope to receive. Thank you so very much!

Until next time,
With my warmest regards,
Lisa

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!