“Satisified customer” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Mystic, CT
“Satisified customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I spent 2 nights at the Pequot Hotel and am happy to say it exceeded my expectations. Having arrived from the ferry well before check-in time, the staff was very accommodating in offering a place to store my baggage and a place to freshen up before I set off on my bike. I found my room in the middle building to be quiet (I stayed on a Sunday and Monday) and more than adequate. I also appreciated the flexibility to enjoy breakfast either in their breakfast room or - better yet for a bit more peace and quiet - on the porch, in the courtyard, or in my room. Beach is within walking distance and the bus stop a couple of blocks up the road. It is clear why this is such a popular spot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Frohstock,

Thank you for the very nice review of your recent stay at the Pequot. I am so very pleased that your visit exceeded your expectations. That is indeed our intention for each and every guest and is something that as a team, we work on daily. I’m happy that we were, in your opinion, successful.

I hope that this will be the first trip of many for you to the Pequot. Thank you so much for staying with us!

With my best regards,
Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New Castle, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Martha's Vineyard, continental breakfast every morning, clean rooms, friendly staff, walking distance to beaches, cookies in the entry way when you arrive, its the little details that make this place a home, I would come here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Susan L,

We hope you will come home to celebrate anniversary number 26! It was our pleasure having you both as our guests. Until next time,

Somerset, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Booked using previous reviews and completely satisfied. I would stay again and recommend family and friends. The picturesque front porch and courtyard is so welcoming. There are many rocking chairs to enjoy quiet reading, company, a drink... whatever. The hotel is set in a pretty and safe neighborhood. There isn't any noise for porch sitting, the courtyard card is perfect with tables and chairs great for us to play cards. The abundance of well kept flowers and gardens are simply beautiful. There is a private fenced-in garden in back with more sitting areas. Upon arrival we were greeted by wonderful staff. There were fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, lemonade & ice tea every afternoon --- so yummy and makes you feel "at-home". Those are put out everyday! The beach is just one block to the left from the front door and the restaurants and shops on Circuit Ave. are a nice easy walk (maybe 3 or 4 blocks). Our room was in the main house and we were very happy with it. It was spacious for the old hotel with a queen bed, 2 wicker chairs, and TV. We had a small attached bathroom with stand-up shower. It was just what we needed for privacy and worked for us. The room was very clean and bathroom well kept. We will stay here again should our travels take us back!

Room Tip: Main House room 17 is upstairs. Close to front porch, breakfast room, front desk, afternoon refreshm...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Johnson_Family 1218,
Many thanks for the very thoughtful review of your recent visit here to the Pequot. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself and that you took advantage of the many features that the Pequot has to offer, including the lovely outdoor spaces. The many flowers and the grounds in the back patio garden, the front courtyard, and the flowers on the front porch are all lovingly tended to by Pequot team members Wilbert, Ransford and Tony. They will all be pleased to know that you enjoyed their efforts and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them. Thank you!

You are correct, our location is great in that we are just steps to the beach, as you mentioned, and also very close to the downtown area. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy some of the many wonderful restaurants and shops in Oak Bluffs. There are many new ones this season that have only improved the already wonderful downtown atmosphere. And I am told there are more to come!

I’m so happy to know that if your travels bring you back this way that you will once again be our guest. Please call us directly so that we can best assist you and offer you the excellent customer service that you and all of our guests deserve.
With my warmest regards,
Davidson, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The location is perfect for Oak Bluff and the staff is great. Our only complaints are the A/C was really loud and the walls are thin. We stayed in the middle house. We enjoyed breakfast and the afternoon cookies and lemonade. They will loan beach chairs, towels and umbrellas, a nice touch. They even loaned us a rain umbrella one evening. I'm not sure what the other options are but this place is worth a look, maybe the main house would be quieter.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Kevin W.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Pequot. Specific feedback such as yours is always appreciated.

I will pass on your kind words of praise to Team Pequot. Thank you so much for recognizing their efforts! They take great pleasure in knowing they helped to make our guests happy.

Regarding your comment on the air conditioner, you are correct, window air conditioners by nature and design can, at times, be audible. For this reason, we are looking into alternatives for next season. In the meantime however, if a particular air conditioner disrupts our guests’ sleep or enjoyment of their room, we will always be happy to switch it out. I’m sorry we didn’t know yours was bothering you or we would have done just that.

Thank you so much for choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the island.
My very warmest regards,
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Located in a quiet residential area. Staying in the main building was nice. Room is small but perfectly adequate. Nice, helpful staff. You will have to climb some stairs. A short walk to the business district and the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My stay at the Pequot this past weekend was unbelievable!! Coming from a hard to please traveler. Pequot is the standard we should measure all hotels by!! The location was perfect - close to the beach and to downtown Oak Bluff. The facility was impeccable and the staff was outstanding - Paulette provided a beach chair and umbrella for my walk to the beach, even ask if i needed beach towels!! I enjoyed the wide selection at breakfast, the warm chocolate cookies in the afternoon with ice tea and/or lemonade, wine and cheese early evening and memosa on Sunday morning. The veranda with rocking chairs and swing was perfect for relaxing and reading! The staff who cleaned my room "Amoya" I did not meet, but she left a note in room - Thank you.

Pequot Hotel will be my only choice on Martha's Vineyard in the future!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Linda T,

Thank you so much for the kind words you shared regarding your recent stay at the Pequot. I couldn't be any more pleased that you so enjoyed yourself and that the Pequot lived up to your admittedly high standards.

I will be sure and pass on your kind words to Team Pequot and in particular Paulette and Amoya, who are sisters. Paulette has been with us for four seasons and we are lucky to have her. Amoya was new last season and is following right along in here sister's footsteps! They will be happy to know that their efforts helped you to enjoy your stay. Thank you for mentioning them and thank you for choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation! We will all look forward to seeing you back next season!

Philly!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Every year I take my younger sister somewhere to celebrate her birthday. This year we decided on Martha's Vineyard and picked the Pequot based on the wonderful reviews - it exceeded our expectations by far!! We walked over from the ferry and check in was probably the easiest of any hotel I've been too recently. We were greeted by the extremely sweet manager, Lisa, who gave us a quick rundown of the essentials (i.e. Breakfast, etc...). Lisa asked the reason for our stay and we briefly mentioned that it was my sister's birthday. We headed to our room to set our things down and explore the area. When we got back to our room we discovered that Lisa had set up a bottle of wine complete with two glasses, party hats and birthday card for my sister! It was such a nice touch and something we will never forget. During our stay we enjoyed the fabulous expanded continental breakfast with homemade scones and quiche, as well as afternoon cookies (not to be missed) and lemonade. We were lucky enough to get a great beach day during our stay and the hotel had chairs, towels and an umbrella for us to use. On the mornings that it rained they also had a couple of umbrellas on hand for us to use too. I honestly can't say enough good things about this hotel - cute, cozy and relaxing with staff and a manager that went above and beyond to make our stay special!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear mycousinbrynnie Philly,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Pequot. I was so pleased to read that your visit here exceeded your expectations. That is indeed our wish for all of our guests!

It was truly a pleasure watching you and your sister enjoy your time together while celebrating her birthday. I, myself, have three sisters so I completely understand how precious "sistertime" is. I'm glad the Pequot provided you the place to enjoy each others company while exploring Martha's Vineyard. I hope we will see you back next season to celebrate again!

My very warmest regards,
Lisa

I hope we will see you both back next season to celebrate again!

Lisa

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!