“Charming, Wonderful, generous service--exceeded expectations in every way!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pequot Hotel

You added Pequot Hotel to your Saves list
Pequot Hotel
19 Pequot Ave, Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02557   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Charming, Wonderful, generous service--exceeded expectations in every way!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I went here last weekend and we enjoyed everything about the Pequot Hotel. I had stayed here in the 90s with my family, and the quality of the hotel has improved greatly since then! It seems to have been recently renovated. The rooms had fast wifi and flat-screen TVs. The rooms were clean and comfortable, albeit a bit warm despite the cool weather for May. We especially enjoyed the generous breakfast, the coffee and tea in the adorable 'lobby'/living room of the hotel, the great location with a few minutes' drive to both Edgartown and Vineyard Haven in the opposite direction. The staff greeted us in a very friendly way. The porch is charming and provides plenty of seating for guests. Would definitely return and we recommend this place to friends or anyone looking for a superb value for money in terms of a stay on the Vineyard, all in all an idyllic place.

Room Tip: A room in the main building with windows overlooking the courtyard is probably the best choice.
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Kirkley 2014,

I am pleased that you and your family returned to the Pequot after so many years and even more pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you won't wait so long to visit us again!

Thank you for taking notice of the many changes and improvements that have been made here at the Pequot over the past several years.

Thanks to our construction and maintenance crew of Tony, Wilbert and Ransford, all of the bathrooms in the middle building and the annex have been upgraded. The annex building has had sound deadening material placed between the guest rooms and on the floors. Many rooms have had new carpet installed and new carpet runners have been installed in the main house. The hardwood floors in the common areas have been refinished and some new furniture has been added to really brighten up the area. Most guest rooms have been freshly painted, have had new beds installed, and, as you mentioned, have had flat screen TVs added. Our lobby and breakfast room have been painted and a new table has been added to the breakfast room So again, thank you for noticing and I will certainly pass on your compliments to everyone that worked so hard during our off-season to make all this happen.

When your travels bring you back this way we will certainly look forward to seeing you and showing you all the latest improvements because there are more to come!

my warmest regards,

my warmest regards,
Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Pequot Hotel May 11th-16th and were enchanted from the beginning of stepping foot on this delightful property. Lisa the manager warmly greeted us and even upgraded our room to #4 with a charming front porch of our own. We spent 6 glorious nights on the island, discovering all the beauty of the Vineyard. Each morning we were greeted with a delicious homemade breakfast and friendly greetings from their Jamaican staff. Lisa's genuine interest of our plans for the day or helpful suggestions always made us smile. We had some lively card games on their outside tables and great conversation and company on the porch parties with wine and cheese. Everyday they offer warm chocolate chip cookies- coffee- teas while rocking on the chairs or swinging on their cozy porch swing. The hotel is centrally located only 1 block from downtown Oak Bluffs where each night we dined in excellent restaurants and walked through the vineyard camp where there is hundreds of charming victorian cottages painted in bright cheerful colors.. We loved the Pequot hotel and look forward to the day we return for another visit !

Room Tip: We were in room #4 which is on the ground level with a private porch and 2 rocking chairs. It has a...
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear 771ann,

It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your husband here at the Pequot. The two of you are just the best!

I'm thrilled that your first visit to the Vineyard was such an enjoyable one and that you were able to experience so much of our magical island during your visit.

I will pass on your kind words of praise to Team Pequot. It will make them happy that you were happy with the service that was provided to you.

Again, it was such a pleasure to meet you and I will look forward to your return!
My warmest regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I recently stayed at the Pequot Hotel this past weekend. Myself and some girlfriends stayed in the apartment for 2 nights, the apt was spacious, clean, and quaint. The staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, cookies, tea, cheese, and wine. My favorite part of the hotel were the rocking chairs, it had a typical MV charm that I found super cute.

Our only hiccup with this weekend was that we woke up to "poop" in our standup shower. The drain or pipe somehow had backed up and we awoke to this disgusting finding in the am. I have to mention that as soon as it was made known to the staff, the problem was corrected. However, I think in the future, there should be an automatic adjustment to the room rate. Although the problem was fixed and certainly nobody's fault, we are also paying and have a certain expectation when staying in a hotel. After discussing this in further detail with the manager, we did come to a appropriate and agreeable solution. The manager did credit $50 per night off the bill, and it was greatly appreciated. Our only issue was that it was never initially offered, and that was where the frustration stemmed from. We felt has if, had we not mentioned an adjustment, it would not have been offered. I think this is something to keep in mind and should always be suggested when something such as that occurs.

Besides that little hiccup, the stay was great, we highly recommend staying here, and we will be returning!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear librascale82,

First let me say what a pleasure it was to watch the four of you celebrate the upcoming wedding of your friend and enjoy your weekend here on the Vineyard. It appeared that you certainly made the most of your short visit. I'm happy that your intention is to return, and as I mentioned when we spoke, please call me directly so I can best assist you.

I'm so pleased that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff a well as our expanded continental breakfast and the Friday Night Porch Party. I hope you were also able to enjoy some of our "rainy morning Mimosas" on Saturday. Hopefully they provided a "sunny" start to your day!

As far as the "hiccup" you mentioned. Yes, it was unfortunate that the blockage in an underground pipe resulted in a back-up into your shower. As we all know, plumbing issues, whether they occur at your home or in a hotel can be disturbing. That is why when one occurs, which thankfully is rarely, we immediately troubleshoot the issue and then rectify the situation...whatever that may take. Just as we did in your case.

Whenever there is an unforeseen event at the Pequot which causes a disruption to ours guests' pleasant experience, we always offer some sort of consideration. I hope that the consideration we extended to you perhaps bought you a nice brunch on your way home!

All our best to all of you, enjoy the wedding, and I can't wait to see the photos when you return!
Warmest regards,
Lisa.
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

What a pleasure! Friendly and helpful staff, super comfortable bed, delicious homemade cookies at afternoon tea, gourmet breakfast!! The area around the hotel lovely for walks, and the peace and quiet was so relaxing. All that and reasonably priced too! I hope we can come back.

Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Doug L,

Thank you so much for your kind review! You are correct, early May IS a delightful time to visit Martha's Vineyard. Most businesses are open and the crowds of summer have not yet appeared. Perfect for exploring and enjoying the beauty of springtime. A magical time here on the island

I will pass on your compliments to Team Pequot. Nothing pleases them more than to know that our guests were made to feel welcome, happy and comfortable. That is our goal for each and every visitor to The Pequot and I'm so pleased that that was indeed, your experience.

Nadir and Nichola, our wonderful breakfast ladies, will be thrilled that you enjoyed the expanded continental breakfast that they prepare each morning for our guests. The freshly baked muffins and scones, steel cut oats and cold cereals, assortment of breads, hard boiled eggs, quiche, fresh fruit, and an assortment of gluten free foods, are items we are happy to share with all of our guests. Glad you enjoyed our buffet.

We will look forward to seeing you back here at The Pequot!
My warmest regards,
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

What a wonderful experience! From the homey feel of the entire facility to the afternoon lemonade and cookies on the front porch, our entire family of 6 gives it two thumbs up. The staff was extraordinary. The complimentary breakfast was robust and delicious. But our favorite part was downtime on the front porch, rocking and meeting the other guests. At chain hotels, a lot of the staff and most guests don't even make eye contact. We played with some adorable Russian children, got to know a couple from Canada, but most importantly - we relaxed! Thanks to all for our 5 star experience. We'll be back............................

Room Tip: The rooms are small but very comfortable. Presents a perfect opportunity to spend THIS vacation NOT...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Momanem,

How wonderful to read your very kind review. Thank you!

Nothing pleases us more here at The Pequot than to know our guests, and yes, they hail from all over the globe, have enjoyed their stay and appreciated the many "extras" that are offered. So glad that you did! And by the way, stay tuned...we some surprises lined up for the upcoming season that I think you and your family will enjoy.

We open for the 2014 season on May 4 and will remain open until October 19. I hope you will be able to visit us during that time and we will sure look forward to meeting you and your family again! Please call me directly when you are ready to book your stay so I can best assist you in choosing the appropriate accommodation.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay,
I look forward to hearing from you!
With my very warmest regards,
Navesink, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This summer will be my 13th year to Marthas Vineyard for my vacation and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere but the Pequot Hotel. Everything you could expect at a hotel in Marthas Vineyard is at the Pequot. The staff and manager, Lisa, can't say enough about them. When I get to the island and walk up the steps to the hotel, I feel right at home. Every year there is renovations and updates .Perfect location. Only a block to the water. Short walk to Circuit Ave shops. So looking forward to June.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear JLQ10,

Happy 2014!

The fact that you were thinking of the Pequot on a cold winter day made me smile. I hope it made you smile as well.

I'm so pleased that you will be returning this season to make more summertime memories. You will notice some lovely changes and upgrades when you arrive. I can't wait to share them with you!

Thank you for your kind words and please know that all of Team Pequot is looking forward to welcoming you back in June!

Warmest regards,
Billerica, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

If you are looking to experience the charm and tranquility the Vineyard has to offer, then the Pequot Hotel would be an ideal hotel for you.

We have been vacationing on the Vineyard for a number of years. We started off staying at other hotels on the Island. Once we discovered the Pequot Hotel, we have never stayed any where else on the Island. The Pequot is a charming older hotel with modest sized rooms. The accommodations are clean, cozy, and comfortable. The rooms that we have stayed in have had a flat screen TV, small refrigerator, and private bathroom. The décor is unique and adds to the charm of the hotel.

The staff at the hotel are superb. Lisa A., the General Manager, is fantastic and has a wonderful group of people working with her. They are all very friendly, accommodating, and eager to meet the needs of the hotel guests.

The continental breakfast is great and has a variety of items to ensure that all the guest have something that they can enjoy. New items are always being added to the selection. The homemade muffins remain our favorite morning item. The afternoon treats are great as well. We love the chocolate chip cookies; they are our all time favorite.

Our stays at the Pequot have always been a pleasant experience. We have nothing but positive comments to say about the staff, the hotel, and all that it has to offer. The location is ideal. It is situated on a quite street one block from the beach. Public transportation and shopping are within walking distance.

We hope you have the opportunity to experience a vacation at the Pequot Hotel. We can't wait until our next stay at the hotel; they always make us feel so special.

Enjoy!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Patricia R.,

The lovely comments you shared about your many stays at The Pequot warmed my heart. The privilege to enjoy the company of frequent guests such as yourselves makes all of our jobs such a pleasure. Thank you. We are all looking forward to the opportunity to be your hosts again in 2014!

I am so pleased that you feel so comfortable with us and that you enjoy all that The Pequot has to offer. That is certainly our intention for you and all of our guests, Pequot veterans and new friends alike.

I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season, a happy and healthy New Year, and will look very forward to seeing you soon!

With my warmest regards,
Lisa

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!