“Crystal D” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
New York
“Crystal D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ive stayed at the Hotel for the past two years and I absolutely love it!!!. The staff was so nice and personable. the atmosphere is more like a family, all of your needs get tended to. Close to town and the beach, quiet and clean.

Lisa is so nice she genuinely cares about the guests. Winston, Rensford, and Paulette thank you for everything. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Room 14, also choose the rooms off of the dining area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Bronx1NewYork,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the friendliness, cleanliness and location of The Pequot. And I'm even more pleased that you will be returning! We will all look forward to seeing you.

I will pass on your kind words to Team Pequot. They will be happy to know that they made your stay enjoyable.

Until next year,
With my warmest regards,
Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a lovely, peaceful night at the Pequot. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that it was for our wedding night. When we arrived, we found that we had been upgraded to a large room in the main building, and there was a bottle of wine with a lovely note of congratulations waiting for us.

Breakfast was fine, with a variety of breads (including gluten-free), a toaster, yogurt, hard-cooked eggs, fruit, coffee, and orange juice.

The Pequot staff seem to understand what people need when vacationing near the beach, especially for guests who are checking out but want to spend the day on the island. There are outdoor showers, beach chairs and towels, a changing area, and luggage storage.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Katiebird1,

Once again, congratulations and best wishes from all of us at The Pequot! We are so happy that you choose to spend your wedding night with us. Maybe you will come back for your first anniversary!

Have a wonderful first year of marriage and a nice rest of your summer,
With my best regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times in recent years and love the atmosphere-it's very homey and quaint and just off the beaten path. It's in a lovely neighborhood near the beach and center of town. The rooms are small but lovely. Be sure to ask for what you need in terms of accommodations as there are lots of options. Still, the best memory of this hotel is the afternoon warm cookies and ice tea provided. You can relax on the large front porch in a rocking chair and watch the world go by.......The door to our room had a handpainted mural on it-as did the inside wall of our room. Cottage decor-really adorable. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear pggrayzee,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so pleased that you were able to visit us again. We will sure look forward to seeing you next season and we'll be sure to have the cookies ready!

Have a wonderful rest of yor summer!
With my best regards,
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a first class hotel with wonderful staff who are so professional and caring. They cannot do enough for you nothing was to much trouble. The hotel is perfectly situated minutes from both the beach and the town. It was good value for money and we will definitely go back. Expedia had actually cancelled our booking so when we arrived we had no booking but the hotel managed to sort out rooms for us. They were so kind especially when I was so upset I would not book through Expedia but go directly to the hotel as we have still not heard from Expedia. The hotel provides a relaxing atmosphere with free tea and lemonade we had a fantastic time despite Expedia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Suzanne Z.,

I'm SO pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Pequot despite and regardless of the upsetting situation that resulted from your booking with an OTA (online travel agent).

Your story unfortunately serves as the perfect example of why it is ALWAYS PREFERABLE to book directly with your hotel of choice. I cannot emphasize this enough. IT IS ALWAYS PREFERABLE TO BOOK DIRECTLY WITH YOUR HOTEL OF CHOICE.

When one books with an OTA the booking is handled by a computer, NOT a human being. The reservation (and cancellation in your case) is then forwarded to the hotel via computer (again, no personal service) with NO GUEST CONTACT INFORMATION PROVIDED TO THE HOTEL. Again, OTA's DO NOT PROVIDE THE HOTELS WITH ANY CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE GUEST. This is important because if there is any need, for any reason for the hotel to reach the guest it is all but impossible. There are many instances when a simple phone call could clarify an issue with a reservation or solve a potential problem but this can't happen with OTA reservations because no contact information is provided.

When guests call us directly, we can better understand their needs and offer the personalized service we feel all of our guests deserve, just as we did for you and your family. Again, I'm so pleased that your visit ended up being so enjoyable. That is truely the experience we want all of our guests to have, particularly when they travel so far as you did.

Thank you far taking the time to comment,
With my very warmest regards to you and your family,
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We just got back from a wonderful vacation with our two kids (7 and 5) and once again THANKS to the Pequot Hotel. We stayed here last year and had such a great time that we knew we had to come back. The Pequot Hotel is the perfect place to stay when in Oak Bluffs. We love it for the following reasons; short walk from the ferry, to beach and to town. The staff is super friendly and always there to help make our experience even better, from having beach towels and chairs to lemonade and awesome cookies every afternoon. Speaking of food, they have the best breakfast and if you are late sleepers like my family and get to breakfast toward the end and think nothing good will be left, you are wrong. They are constantly replenishing the bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, etc. so you don't miss out on all the good stuff just because you slept late.

So for those of your traveling with kids and NOT brining your car over to the island the Pequot Hotel is the place to be !!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear cabbey,

I am so very pleased that you returned to The Pequot and that you once again enjoyed your stay. I really look forward to seeing you back next year!

Thank you for noticing Nadir and Nicky's hard work. They make sure the brealfast is abundant from start to finish. I will pass on your kind words to them!

Until next season,
With my warmest regards,
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel over the 4th of July weekend, so I'm sure the prices were a bit more than normal... we paid $250 for our room... the room was decent sized for a few night stay.. wouldn't want to stay more than 2-3 days without feeling cramped... the AC worked good which was important... very convenient to everything... didn't get to enjoy the breakfast, but there was always coffee/tea which was convenient.... staff was nice.... overall, a good stay, but I think next time I would try to find something a bit smaller and more B&B like.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear BrianG13,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I'm so pleased that you found Team Pequot friendly and that you appreciated the value of your stay . Sorry you weren't able to enjoy our expanded continental breakfast as we feel that is one of the amenities that adds value. Also included in your stay was afternoon cookies, lemonade and iced tea, free wi-fi,
beach towels, chairs and umbrellas, our lending library , assorted games and puzzles and most importantly (I think) our staff which is always at the ready to help you navigate all the wonderful adventures to be had on Martha's Vineyard. I hope you were able to take advantage of at least some of those some of those things while you were here.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment,
Happy rest of your summer!
Warm regards,
Virum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Not far from the bustling streets of Oak Bluffs, this place offers vicinity and room for relaxation.

We were met by excellent service upgrading us from a double twin bedroom to a triple bedroom with roll-in bed. As we were four that turned out to be quite what we needed.

Free coffee, tea, ice tea, lemonade and cookies adds in favor.

• Stayed July 2013
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear MortenBjerreraad,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Pequot.

We wish you safe travels and a happy rest of your summer!

Warm regards,
Lisa

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!