“stayed at the dockside inn from aug 8 to aug 14 room 21” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dockside Inn

Save Saved
You added The Dockside Inn to your Saves list
The Dockside Inn
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   9 Circuit Ave Extension, Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02557   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #3 of 16 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Keene, New Hampshire, United States
“stayed at the dockside inn from aug 8 to aug 14 room 21”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked a vacation back in jan. to stay at the dockside inn in oak bluffs mass on the vineyard. I conducted a lot of research to find the best place to stay on the island. My girlfriend and I looked through dozens of places to stay. We wanted to stay in oak bluffs because we have heard from others that that was the place to be. So after reading many positive reviews I chose the dockside inn room 21. I proposed to my girlfriend on the first day we arrived on the beach and the dockside inn made it all possible. here is why.
I have to be honest from the start. Those 5 days were the best 5 days ever. The dockside inn is the BEST place to stay on the island. I looked at trip advisor and couldn't not believe that they are ranked number 3. they should be number one and I will tell you why.
As soon as we got off the island queen ferry we were like a 3 minute walk from the ferry to the dockside inn. we arrived at 1:00 pm and our room wasn't ready. that was ok because check it is at 3. they have a huge room where you can store your luggage and it is very safe. We stored our luggage and bags and got to walk around oak bluffs. when we returned at 3. We were greeted by smiles from Vicki, and she said its champagne toast fri. we each got a free glass of champagne. where can you get that in a hotel. Her service was beyond friendly. She was extremely helpful and went above and beyond every time we walked through that front door. After we checked in very easily we got a tour of the inn. At the dockside inn they have FREE TOWELS, beach towels you can bring to the beach and yes they are clean and perfect. they have in the same room, coolers you can take to the beach, goggles and scuba gear, dozens of chairs, a beach buggy to bring all of those items and wheel them to the beach all for free. no signing things out, just take it and go have fun.
they had a luxury out door shower. huge shower head, and 6 jets. so much room in that shower to put clothes and your towel in side. next to the shower a hot tub for like 6 people. all free to use. then next to the hot tub is a room that is un real. they have fully stocked every day, every time I went in that room it was fully stocked, chips (cape cod and lays 2 kinds) pretezels (snyders bags), nature valley granola bars the really good kinds, dozens of different kureg coffees and 2 kureg coffee makers. hood ice cream bars and freeze pops, tons of yogurts, bananas, oranges, apples, oatmeal 4 different kinds, hot water right there on the water machine. fresh baked cookies on certain times and fresh pastry in the morning. free gumball and free malted milk ball from the gum ball machines. no money needed. I could not believe that was all stocked all the time and we could take as much as we wanted. they also had tea, and they give you a sweet water bottle to fill at the really cold water machine. like a Poland spring machine but better. I bet I left some other food items out but it was so good. I have been to many inns and hotels before, none of them has ever or will ever come close to having you feel relaxed.
We did not take our car over because parking on the vineyard is a night mare. they do a few parking spots, but don't bring your car over, its such a waste. taxi's bring u everywhere and they show up with in seconds to bring you anywhere.
We stayed in room 21 for 5 days. Room was amazing. Balcony with chairs and tables. Room fully stocked with a college size refridgator, multiple hangers, flat screen tv, big really comfortable queen size bed. great shower with huge shower head. fresh clean towels every day, perfect ac and heat right in the room. no bad odor. I wish we stayed in room 20 for the 5 days. my sister came down for one night and stayed in room 20. best picture view of the harbor and the balcony has its own area with a bench and table and multiple chairs. the room was perfect. also had 2 suitcase holders. 2!!!! I cant say enough about this place. the staff went above and beyond. very friendly. very help ful. they also have a board when you first walk in with a lot of different things they write on it to get you out and about.
John the owner was awesome. he was working hard in the laundry room. talking to guests. he saw us out at nancys one day and remembered us and was super friendly. John was great when we had questions. He also has a rolls Royce car, he would of driven us anywhere we wanted, beach, dinner, drinks, all free of charge. John went above and beyond. no other owner could match his personality and people skills. thank you john.
Vicki was at the desk when we arrived. after we checked in and then walked the beach and I proposed to my gf. we returned and I told her. she was so excited for us and gave us a bottle of champagne free on the house for our special occasion. she was great every time we came in and had a question she was very informative. thank you Vicki
lianne and becca were also at the desk and did a great job, very helpful in explaining to us how to get to the best places to eat. thank you ladies.
the house keeping was the best I have ever had. paula, Alexandra, maria, and Katarina. you laides kept the room perfect.
you are a fool if you don't stay at the dockside inn. this is the only inn on the island I will ever stay at. I have no idea how this is number 3. the other 2 places ahead of the dockside inn can not compete with quality. if you stay for 1 day or 7 days. they treat you like royalty.
I just wanted to say thank you John and all the members of the dockside inn. you made our vacation the best. thank you so much. everyone stay at the dockside inn and remember book ahead the rooms go fast. get room 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, they have the best views!

Room Tip: rooms 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 are on the 2nd floor. you have to walk up steps, but have the best harbor v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

August 16-19, 2013: Dockside Inn has far exceeded my expectations! John is an excellent hotelier and his staff is friendly and informative. Great location is central to all the key spots in Oak Bluffs and Circuit Ave. I've visited Oak Bluffs a number of times, always staying in the same B&B. this year, the B&B was booked and I was referred to John at Dockside. John made me feel welcomed from my first phone call. And, his phone personality is the same in person!

The room was clean and comfortable. The room fridge was an unexpected perk! The lobby was welcoming and the lounge room was filled with thoughtful snacks, coffees, teas, and yes, even ice cream bars! The garage was filled with all the necessary beach equipment...chairs, coolers, towels, umbrellas, even an ice machine. Oh, did I mention the freshly backed cookies and the Friday afternoon champagne!

Dockside is my newest favorite place on the Vineyard! The website is 100% accurate.

Room Tip: Stayed in Rm 1...a bit noisy at night because of the close proximity to the businesses across the st...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fall River, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a great time in the Vineyard! We have gone to MV every year and this is the first time we stayed at the Dockside Inn and I am glad we did! We loved this place! The Inn gives you reusable water bottles instead of bottles of water and recycle bins in all of the guest rooms. The rooms are spacious and clean, with a nice modern decor and great duel blinds for extra darkness at night! The amenities include a fully stocked snack bar (chips, pretzels, microwave popcorn, popsicles and candy) along with fruit, yogurt, granola bars, oatmeal and pastries that are available all day long. They also have coffee, tea and hot cocoa. They also have a hot tub, in which we enjoyed one night! There is no need to lug beach gear to the island. You can borrow chairs, towels, coolers, beach umbrellas or rain umbrellas, snorkling gear, even sunblock! The staff is top notch. They are friendly, helpful, pleasant, and make you feel right at home. The Inn is located in close proximity to the ferry, the heart of Oak Bluffs, Ocean Park and the marina. The street is surprisingly quiet at night! We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We had room 28 in the back of the Inn and it was so quiet and easy access to the hot tub!
Troy, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is our second year staying at the Dockside Inn, and it just keeps getting better. In order to minimize their impact on the environment, the Inn is now giving out reusable water bottles instead of bottles of water, along with a water cooler for you to fill it with in the solarium, and recycle bins in all of the guest rooms. My new favorite addition, and perhaps they were there last year, and I didn't notice, is the duel blinds, for extra darkness at night. The rooms are spacious and clean, with a nice modern decor. The amenities include a fully stocked snack bar (chips, pretzels, microwave popcorn, popsicles and candy) along with fruit, yogurt, granola bars, oatmeal and pastries that are available all day long. They also have coffee, tea and hot cocoa. There is no need to lug beach gear to the island. You can borrow chairs, towels, coolers, beach umbrellas or rain umbrellas if the weather turns. The staff is top notch. They are friendly, helpful, pleasant, and make you feel right at home. We have gotten advice over the past two years about where to eat, what to do for entertainment, and after getting caught in a torrential downpour that soaked right through my coat, one of the girls even put my sweater in the dryer for a bit until it was no longer wet. You can't ask for better service than that. The Inn is located in close proximity to the Ferry, the heart of Oak Bluffs, Ocean Park and the marina. You can take a bus to pretty much everywhere, or if you are up to the challenge, Vineyard Haven is only a 3 mile walk away. You can bet we will be back next year, we highly recommend it.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Friendly professional staff. Clean amenable rooms. Good location in Oak Bluff.
Has a nice solarium with snacks, hot tub, complementary beach gear, wifi ect.
The receptionist was very friendly and helpful.
We recommend this inn.

• Stayed August 2013
Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We originally booked well in advance for 4 nights but had to change to 3 nights sometime after, the reservation was changed without issue or penalty. Upon arrival we were given a friendly tour of the amenities which made us feel more like we were at a B&B than an inn. The room was spacious, clean, and updated; I loved the dual cordless blinds so much I will be buying them for my home! We found out later when reading a magazine article about the inn that it went through a major renovation recently and it shows, money well spent by the new owners. The wireless service was good, the iPhone docking pad alarm clock was appreciated. The snack/reading room was clean, bright, and well stocked; I thought the gourmet malted milk ball machine (free) was a great "relive your childhood" touch for a quick chocolate fix when passing through. The chairs, umbrellas, and towels to borrow for the beach were never in short supply. The location within throwing distance of the ferry was very convenient for arrival and departure. Our only complaint was the 6:30am wakeup call of the trash trucks every single day, but that’s the downside of the location being in town and nothing the owners can control. We would stay here again if in Oak Bluffs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Clean, modern and convienently located. Howerver, can be a bit noisey at night. Coffee room great for continental breakfast and everything you need for the beach is at your disposal. Staff warm and feiendly. Service is exceptional! Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to The Dockside Inn? Share your experiences!