My fiance and I traveled to Martha's Vineyard for the first time over the first weekend in May 2013. I had read about the Dockside Inn in a travel guide, and looked at some of these reviews, and the price, before we decided to book it--and I am SO GLAD that we did. What a great little place! I love old houses (one of my little "someday" dreams is to have a veranda) and this place fulfilled everything I could have wanted in a trip like this. We had Room 20, which I highly recommend. It's at the corner of the second floor and has a full window view. We saw the neighbors out on their balcony, but they seem pretty used to having guests and we lowered the privacy screen when we needed to. Otherwise, check-in and check-out was a breeze. We especially liked the snacks kept in the back room for guests during the day--more than once those granola bars saved my life.
Like I said, it was early May, so the first day we got there was FREEZING. The weather improved with each day, though, so we were able to rent bikes from the place next door and ride to and from Edgartown along the beach path.
I would say that for the time of year, the value of the room was excellent. We actually loved the place so much that we checked out prices for the rest of the summer, which we can't swing just yet--but they go down again in the fall, so who knows, we might have another Vineyard weekend after all. We didn't bring a car with us, but the Dockside is in such a great location that we were able to get a bus anywhere we wanted to go--even Menemsha, although it did take a full day to explore that side of the island. We didn't mind that there is no "breakfast," as we were able to walk up the street to Linda Jean's and Slice of Life.
Just a note: if you travel before the ferry starts running from Woods Hole to Oak Bluffs, you'll dock in Vineyard Haven but it was super easy to catch the bus to Oak Bluffs if you don't bring a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Away & Play. The Dockside Inn is Oak Bluffs hospitality & elegance at its best - built in 1989, the hotel has the conveniences of a new modern facility including 21 regular guest rooms. All rooms have Queen beds - some with two. All feature air conditioning, cable TV, in-room refrigerators, and free WiFi. All rooms are comfortably furnished for your vacation. Our location on the Oak Bluffs Harbor is just steps from restaurants, boutiques, beaches, boating, ferries, buses and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Venere so you can book your The Dockside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dockside Hotel Oak Bluffs
- The Dockside Inn Oak Bluffs, MA - Martha's Vineyard