“will go back again..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Admiral Benbow Inn

Admiral Benbow Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
Admiral Benbow Inn
You added Admiral Benbow Inn to your Saves list
81 New York Avenue, Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02557   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
“will go back again..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

hosts have been living in MV for a long time,
so they really know the island, and care about the place..
it showed..
room was great.. bathroom even better!
we've had fancier breakfast, but did its job filling us up for the day trip..
the only complaint was that we had no tv in our room.. but then again it forced me and my wife to spend more time chatting and sleeping early..

will go back there again..

Room Tip: you are right next to a gas station and in a short walking distance to a market..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night mid-August 2013. We arrived on an evening ferry and headed straight to the Inn. The innkeeper was available as soon as we rang the bell at the door (they lock the front door after hours, as they should) and handed us our keys which were ready and gave us a quick mini tour. We were welcome to the common areas (kitchen, living room, dining room, etc) and to the utensils and items in the kitchen. My boyfriend and I rented room #4 for the evening. We weren't sure whether the bed was actually a queen, we have a queen and this one looked smaller, but otherwise the room was fine. Not too small, bright and nicely decorated with a bed, chair, and armoire. We learned later that since we didn't have a closet there was no iron and ironing board in our room, but we received one within 3 seconds when we asked in the morning. In our room there was an attached bathroom which was very clean with plenty of towels and supplies. The innkeeper showed us how to operate the ceiling fan, explained breakfast times, how our keys worked, gave us the wifi password and then left us to our own. My boyfriend was particularly pleased with the wifi strength. We left to go get dinner for the evening, returned late evening and had a very pleasant nights sleep. We missed the breakfast from 7am-10am, so unfortunately I cannot comment on the spread because we chose to sleep in and then checked out at 11am. The bed was firm, the pillows were comfortable and the lack of TV or AC did not matter. We did tour the other rooms on the 2nd floor and they were a lot better decorated and spacious, so if I was to return I would rent one of those rooms, however I was pleased with my stay for one night. The property is on New York Ave which is a short walk into downtown Oaks Bluffs. They also have parking in the rear should you choose to bring your car.

Room Tip: I recommend rooms 5, 6 and 7. Room 4 is good as well.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this beautiful inn. The inn keeper was more than accomodating from the minute I arrived allowing me to check in way before Check in time and even offered me breakfast at my arrival! Our room was beautifully decorated and so bright and cheery with lace curtains, high ceilings and a spotless and spacious bathroom. We walked the short walk to town and thoroughly enjoyed all that Oak bluffs had to offer. We found our bed to be very comfortable and slept well. In the morning I enjoyed a delicious breakfast consisting of; bagels, English muffins and cranberry muffins, assorted cereal, yogurt and the best fresh fruit salad with every type of fruit you could think of in it. I highly recommend this inn and would love to return someday.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Camden, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a great place to stay right in the heart of Oak Bluffs. The room we stayed in (room #1)
was very spacious and had a private bath. Breakfast was great! We did bring our car so we were happy there was ample parking as well. Loved the hospitality and great laid back feel!

Room Tip: Room 1 seemed to be the largest room, 2 queens, very nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Cordova, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I dare anyone to find a better stay on the island than the Admiral Benbow. The owners are really nice and so great. The rooms are lovely and extremely clean. I loved that each room had its own bathroom and the location is so convenient and easy to find! I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a new england b&b that's clean, sweet, and with great service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our rooms were clean and comfortable and the price was right. The hotel was a little out of the way - a good walk back to town or beach area. We barely saw the innkeepers except at check-in and check-out. If that's what you want this place is great. We like to stay at B&Bs where the innkeepers are friendly and become part of the experience - not the case here. Breakfast was also mediocre by B&B standards - we are used to much better. And again - it was really a serve yourself experience. We would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here memorial day weekend and everything was great! It was about a 10 minute walk to the main center of Oak Bluffs. It was also about a 10-15 minute bike ride to Vineyard Haven. The room was very clean and spacious. There is no tv but we did not need one. The owners were really nice and let us check in early. This inn is perfect for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Admiral Benbow Inn? Share your experiences!