“If it wasn't for the food the night would have been a total disappointment.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BonCaldo Ristorante

BonCaldo Ristorante
1381 Boston Providence Tpke, Norwood, MA 02062
(781) 255-5800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BonCaldo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 98 restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We at BonCaldo feel our menu is truly unique among Italian Restaurants. This is because we are dedicated to featuring authentic offerings from all the regions of Italy. The rich aroma and flavors of authentic open wood fired grilling, fresh made pasta, and homemade desserts will make you feel as if you've not just dined out for the evening, but embarked on a voyage to Italy.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“If it wasn't for the food the night would have been a total disappointment.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We made a reservation through Open Table, but still had to wait 20 minutes for a table. A man with a fairly large party who "dropped a name" at the front desk was seated before us. Not sure if it was an off night for the kitchen or not, but we had to wait an extremely long amount of time for everything. Even when our waiter told us our entrees would be right out we had to wait an additional 15 minutes (at least). Our waiter didn't pay attention to our drinks either and we actually had to wait to order additional ones (the water staff was excellent though). Desserts also took forever- we probably just should have known better and skipped this course. The thing that really annoyed me was that all of the surrounding tables were also waiting, but they were getting apologies, free appetizers & free desserts, etc. My husband I didn't receive any of these perks even though we waited just as long. That just seemed unfair to me! The food itself was very good- thankfully since I chose this place to take my husband out for his birthday. We ordered the meatballs for an appetizer which were absolutely delicious, veal parm, and veal saltimbocca- all of the food was delicious and the portions were pretty good. If it wasn't for the food being so good I would say my husband's 40th birthday dinner would have been ruined.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

The food is good but expensive. The wait staff is good and the atmosphere is nice.

Visited June 2011
The Villages, Florida
“Excellent meal and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I had always wanted to try Bon Caldo, but thought it was too pricey for me. When the Living Social site offered a coupon, I jumped at the opportunity. Tonight, we finally got to go, and we were not disappointed. We went fairly early, as we had not had lunch. We arrived around 4:45, and were seated right away. The restaurant was quite lovely, and very dimly lit. We were presented menus and wine lists, and the waiter arrived promptly to our table. The bread and topping was delicious. We had the sauteed Calmari for an appetizer, and it was really great! Then we had the Chicken Parm and the Veal Parm for our entrees, and both were wonderful. The Server was great, he checked back several times to make sure we were satisfied with our meals. The restaurant got crowded before we left, but we still had great service. I would definitely return!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Expected More”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

My wife and I tried out Bon Caldo and were unimpressed. For the price the food and experience it just wasnted good enough.

To start I made a reservation that night and when we got their they had no record of it. The yound girl working the front had a deer in the head lights look and I am pretty sure she was the same girl I spoke with.

I had the gnocchi, it was decent but for that price it should be better than decent. My wife got a special and it wasn't good. Our waitress was good however.

Knowing that the Chateau is right down the Street and has good food for a great price I can't justify recommedning or going back. Not to mention all the other good restaurants on route 1.

Bottom line if you want good Italian food go to the Chateau, if you want a North End feel go to the North End. Maybe we will try Bon Caldo again in a few years and see if anything has changed.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dedham
“Service was terrible!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We went around 7ish on Sunday Oct.30th and were told there would be a 15min wait, when we were finally seated in the bar area, we then waited another 15mins before a waiter came over and asked us if anyone has come by yet. We were just about to leave and go elsewhere as it was 745p and we had our 9yr old with us. The funny thing was, it wasn't even busy, our waiter was too busy laughing and joking with a party he had in the corner. If you order any of the shrimp dishes, they don't devein their shrimp, not sure why but It would have been nice if I knew this beforehand, this was an error on the waiters part. Poor service, food was good but this isn't a place I'd go back to anytime in the future.

• Visited October 2011