“Unmatched Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Norwood
North Woodstock, New Hampshire
“Unmatched Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

After driving 3 hours to attend a funeral I arrived a little early for check in. I worked in hospitality for decades and have never come upon a staff so friendly and accommodating. Not only did they check me in early not one even questioned why they just did it. As I opened the door to this beautiful room the first thing I noticed was how sparkling clean the room was. Housekeeping here is by far superior than most hotels I have ever visited. As I have many relatives in this area there will be no question if I ever need a hotel in this area again it will be here at the Residence Inn Boston Norwood. Well Done folks. I would give your entire staff 10 stars if it would allow!!! Thank You for making a not so comforting event feel comfortable.

Room Tip: There is MUCH construction around the adjoining properties right now so rooms on the wall away from...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We chose the Residence Inn in Norwood as a mid point to Ikea. Patriot Place and the Wrentham Outlets. The facilities and room are great and the staff was even better! Worthy of mention is Matthew, the front desk person who greeted us as we walked in the door. We will be back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I took my niece and nephews for the February break, ages 5, 9 and 11. After a few days we were all stir crazy so a friend and I booked a room at Residence Inn to let the kids swim and relax a little. On the way my car broke down. I was stranded for about 2 hours with three restless kids. I can't tell you how stressful that was. My friend had already checked into the hotel and I called and told her what was happening. After loading the kids and myself into a cab we finally made it to the hotel and the staff had been informed of what had happened and made my stay as stress free as possible. The kids got to swim, the snack shop was available for what ever we wanted, the staff was more than courteous and accomadating. They gave us a late check out time so I could have someone pick the kids up who were going one direction and my friend and I could go the opposite direction to check on the car. Rooms were clean and beautiful and breakfast was great. My 5 year old didn't want to get up in time for the full breakfast but when I took him to the dining area he only wanted yogurt which wasn't there. The staff gave him yogurt and one came out with freshly baked cookies for all the children. We met the Senior Sales Manager Beth Cook who took time to talk and laugh with the children, as well as General Najwa Murphy who made should sure my check in was easy and stress free. The young lady at the desk in the morning had already been informed of my dilemma and was took care of all of our needs with a beautiful smile. Residence Inn has always been my choice for stress free time out but this had to be the very best stay I've ever had when I needed it the most.

Thank you to all the staff. I will be back!

Room Tip: First floor by an exit is always my choice and it is sunny. I stayed in room 214 and loved it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Natick, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My son and I have been here a little over 2 weeks due to household renovations everyone has been great and very accommodating! The room is immaculate and spacious housekeeping came everyday and did everything. The front desk was very accommodating and helpful especially Meghan and Matt asking constantly if we needed anything and how are stay was. The dinner nights on MTW were nice little touch from BBQ to Italian. The pool was small and quiet and the jacuzzi was relaxing. I had surgery during my stay and they would ask if there was anything they could do to help me at all which was very sweet. Also they allowed for out four legged friend to be there. Also we had to extend out stay a few times and there was no need to change out room. There are also laundry facilities open 24 hrs and they were very clean and never busy. I would definitely recommend it here and stay again.

Stayed February 2014
Highland Park, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They even brushed off the cars after an overnight snow storm. Rooms are well appointed. The complementary breakfast is a cut above the usual fare.

The big drawback for me was the obtrusive ventilation system. Switching rooms was no help. In both cases, there was this big French-doored closet thing just inches from the bed. Every time it cycled on, it was like having a truck idling next to your bed. I often find hotel heating systems moderately annoying, but this time, I actually had to sleep with earplugs.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator and with a vent not close to the bed.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
najwamurphy, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Norwood, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disruption you experienced with our heating system. I have addressed your concerns with my maintenance department and all efforts have been made to correct the problem. Should you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me personally at 781-278-9595.
North Smithfield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed for 1 night. Everything was very clean. Breakfast was better than most hotel breakfast buffets. Eggs were not overdone. The suite was great, fully equipped kitchen w/full size fridge, DW, detergent, even pots. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
South Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is a great Residence Inn with superior service. We live 2 hours away and had to drop one of our dogs off for surgery at Tufts V.E.T.S. - needed a place to work out of and spend the night that was near the vet and pet friendly, since we had our other dog with us also. They were so accommodating here, especially in terms of securing a first floor room for early check-in. The one bedroom suite was great - clean and spacious, with a well-equipped kitchen. The free breakfast had a lot of options, which was great. The "market" next to the front desk had the cutest little Ben & Jerry's single-size option for sale - saved me from myself since they had pints as well, which would have meant I ate the whole pint. They even have a basketball court, which is exciting, although it being January and all, obviously there wasn't really an opportunity to play.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
najwamurphy, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Norwood, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in the area. One of our favorite parts of the hotel is seeing all the cute dogs that come in. I hope everything went well your dog's surgery. I am glad you enjoyed the Ben & Jerry's, so many people walk by and get so excited that we have so many different options for ice cream. If you are ever in the area again, we would love to see the dogs again!

Been to Residence Inn Boston Norwood? Share your experiences!