“Consistently Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 101 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: American, Bar, Family Fare, Chicken Wings
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Hether you're an avid sports fan or just looking to cheer on your favorite team, Jake n JOES is the best place to catch the game! We offer a delicious menu with plenty of beer selections on tap to go along with a great view from every seat!
Norwood, Massachusetts
“Consistently Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been to Jake N Joes in Norwood several times and each time the food and experience has been average. As a sports bar it has no soul, just seems forced like some "sports bar" in Vegas that is just trying too hard but in reality there isn't a good sports seen. Honestly, the vibe just seems sterile in there.

One of the best aspects of the place is in the wings. The beers are expensive, service is spotty and the food in general is nothing to write home about. There are many other better places to eat in Norwood such as Conrad's, Taso's, Mint Cafe, even the Chateau which I believe have the same owner.

It does have outdoor seating which is nice but overall I this place is low on my list when I want to go out to eat locally.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Natick, Massachusetts
“Enjoyable lunch, 100% satisfied.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went to JnJ's for lunch with 11 other co-workers. i had been there before and the experience was neither good nor bad enough for me to write a review. Located on RTE 1 in Norwood. Made reservations earlier in the day and our party was greeted with a smile and promptly seated. --although a lille cramped. Nice pub menu with plenty of choices for anything you are in the mood for. Televisions throughout. Sports pictures and memrobilia shouts sports bar. Our friendly server took our drink order almost as we were seated. We skipped the appetizers and the majority of us ordered off the sandwich part of the menu. All were happy with these selections..Thai chicken wrap, bufalo chicken sandwich, hot pastrami sandwich, a Cape Cod reuben with fried haddock, and a cheesburger. Steak fries were served with most. Others ordered a cobb salad, and a Caser salad with steak tips.One diner appreciated the bleu cheese was on the side and not on sandwich. Every plate was cleaned and finished completely by meals end. So not too much food to be over-stuffed, but I think all were satisfied. Prices for sandwiches were resaonable at $11. Our 1 server was excellent. Food order was perfect with no mix-ups. All food was brought at same time. Drinks were re-filled as needed and without asking. On the way out, several employees made it a point to say thanks for coming. Well. "Your welcome and i will be back".

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Cool sports bar to grab a bite, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stopped in after a long day, really cool place to catch a game. food was good, nothing mind blowing but good. Beer selection was nice as well. Would come back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“OK, nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ate here two times as it was close to our hotel. First time was take out and was a burger and cole slaw. Nothing amazing or different. Just a run of the mill burger. Next time we ate I had the club sandwich. Again, nothing special. The waitress was kind of slow and we had to hunt her down to get refills. Also took quite some time to get our bill.

Main complaint was that two of the drinks were served in their original can. The can said 99 cents. We were billed $6.50. If you are going to charge a higher price for an already stamped on price, take the drink out of the can so customers don't see the lower price.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Tried to give them a second chance, my mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

First time I went here was with my husband and 2 kids. I got the cheeseburger sliders, they were literally hockey pucks...disgusting. My kids got the mac and cheese, which was dried out..Husband got a gristly steak and cheese sub. Gave them a second chance, and attempted again for lunch with my Mom. I ordered the Turkey BLT wrap. The turkey had gristle or something running through it, the tomatoes weren't even ripe. I asked the waitress for something different and voiced my complaints. To which, I switched to a chicken parm sandwich. Which she brought out on a tiny plate, just the sandwich, not a whole new meal??? Then had the nerve to charge me for it. When I asked her to have courtesy and not charge me, she had to speak with a manager, and then they only took half off.....will never go back.

• Visited May 2013