My first experience with an Extended Stay property, and it will absolutely be my last.
I had business in the local area and was having a difficult time finding a property reasonably close. I took a chance on this one and was beyond disappointed. Everything about this property is bad with the only possible exception of its proximity to my location. When I do need to return to the area, I will be finding a reputable hotel elsewhere even if I have to drive 40 miles each way daily in rush hour traffic.
There are so many negatives to report on this place I will just hit the top ones. That said, even though the front desk staff is cordial and friendly, they are not able to fix the problems that are systematically wrong.
1. The rooms are filthy. I mean REALLY filthy. Housekeeping in this chain is limited to begin with, but when it is done here, it isn’t done with any regard for results. Every wall was interlaced with debris from past tenants – food particles and God only knows what else. This filth extends to the room floors, sinks, bathroom, and to a lesser degree the hallways in general. All table surfaces in the room had residual rings, sticky spots, dust and dirt (really, dirt). The TV screen also reflected this poor cleaning approach. I had to go to a local store to get paper towels and cleaning supplies before I would even put anything in the refrigerator. It had dirty hand marks and residual food particles on the door, inside, and all over the top and sides.
2. The noise here is ridiculous. I did not get one complete night of sleep. It was not road noise. The noise typically began about 4 AM when a group of laborers occupying the facility would begin their day. Every morning there would be from 5 to 10 door slamming events as they departed and began conversations while in the hallways in work-site voices. It was obvious who these guys were because their heavy equipment was parked throughout the hotel parking lot taking up a lot of space while they serviced that equipment, and those were the machines that started and left shortly after the noise events began. My complaints to the staff were pointless. The walls are thin and the whole room literally shakes every time a door slams or some inconsiderate person above drops bar-bells on the floor. During the early evenings it is relatively quiet but between 8:30 and midnight there was always additional noise provided by the tenants. On a couple of nights there were door slams etc. at 1 AM and 3 AM. Sleep is not on the agenda unless you are deaf and immune to earthquake-like shaking of the bed and walls.
3. Supposedly these rooms have a “Fully Stocked Kitchen” ready to prepare meals. I found that you needed to request those supplies specifically and then go downstairs to pick up the boxes of cooking materials. If you want a coffee pot and maybe some coffee packets, that is a separate request. Are you kidding me?
4. I found that the batteries in the TV remote were bad, and requested replacements. That was never done.
I made a point of contacting the manager personally the second day I was there. I asked her to join me in a tour of the room and pointed all of these glaring deficiencies out to her. She agreed that it was in bad condition and would attend to it. When I returned to the room the next day, it was obvious someone had been there, but only a marginal attempt was made to clean anything. The same stains and surface dirt I pointed out to the manager were mostly still there.
Given this awful general performance, I wanted to get my receipt for the stay printed out the night before departure as I had an early flight out of Logan the next morning. When I attempted to get that receipt, I was told by the front desk person that it would be printed out overnight and be ready for pickup in the morning (even though they had already charged my CC account for 5 nights she said she couldn’t do a receipt until actual checkout - odd). You guessed it, upon departure, no receipt, no ability to print a receipt, and no email of the receipt. Just prior to writing tis review, I called the property directly and attempted to get them to email a receipt. It’s still not in my inbox.
Do yourself a HUGE favor: avoid this place. It’s an ambush and you’re the target.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Foxboro - Norton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Norton
- Norton Extended Stay
- Extended Stay America Norton
- Extended Stay America - Foxboro - Norton MA, North America