“Great deal on Priceline” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Northampton
marco island fl
“Great deal on Priceline”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Clean, comfortable, good beds, morning coffee, no breakfast, free wifi, free parking etc. Helpful staff. Indoor/outdoor pool. A good deal. Northampton a great town to spend time visiting. Lots of funky shops and ethnic restaurants.

Room Tip: the second level is actually the main level, no steps for 'second' level. It is possible to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Maryland, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

When I read the positive reviews here for Clarion 1 Atwood Dr. I am bewildered.... Where did these people stay? Unfortunately I have stayed at the Clarion several times due to local college events. The Clarion 1 Atwood Dr. I stayed in was run down and not clean. It smelled of chlorine and cooked grease. The rooms need renovating, wall paper was peeing up, rust and mold in bathroom. Curly black hairs in bathroom on sink and toilet. This place is just gross! Front desk staff harried and rude. Interestingly I reviewed here right after my stay and it was not posted??? I feel strongly enough about warning others that I am posting this second review.

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HIGHLANDS RANCH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at this perticular hotel for more than 3 months. The rooms were large and comfortable. The housekeping staff was average, the front desk staff was outstanding, especially Aubrey. So why only an average rating??? The morning wait staff for breakfast was appalling, with the exception of Lisa. The breakfast area was suppose to be ready to go at 6:30 a.m. One of my coleauges and myself watched one morning as Kim, one of the waitresses, was setting up the cove area of the room and totally ingnored us until she was finished, some 20 minutes later. Typical time to get you breakfast took a minimum of 20 minutes to 35 minutes from the time you ordered. We're talking cooking eggs, not dinner. I'm not sure if it was all the waitstaff's fault or not, but they're lacksidazical attitude and laziness made you assume it was. The lounge at night catered to the locals, which is understandable to the people that are there day in and day out. But, Jazz was the norm. It wasn't even good jazz, with the exception of one woman that sang there occasionally and the food was only good when one perticular woman chef was working the line. I in fact got violently ill after I ate a lime fried chicken special that I found out later was left over from the previous night. This review could very well be an excellent rating. All they have to do is get rid of 75%of the morning wait staff, change up the venue in the lounge, and fix the menu. This hotel has so much potential to be so much more. Thank God for Aubrey and the front desk staff, otherwise it would have been a poor ratng.

Room Tip: Call ahead and check what the venue and dinning specials are for that evening you may want to stay s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

First off let me say the staff is awesome. We booked the hotel through Priceline and I was a bit disappointed that Priceline picked this one as I had wanted a hotel closer to Hadley, Massachusetts.
The staff accommodated us to the fullest. Placed us in a pool side room however it was a two full size room, it was old but clean. After staying one night, my wife found something very wrong with the room which caused us to leave abruptly.
I want to say that the staff was more than gracious with us. I encourage the owners to completely renovate this hotel to keep up with the other nicer hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
Woodstock, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Loft restaurant at the Clarion was a complete surprise. Tired, we decided just to eat in the hotel. The menu was very varied and there were options for a bunch of rather picky eaters. Everything was fresh and delicious. One praised the steak saying it was as good as any steak he had ever had. The eggplant strata was unique and sumptious. The Portuguese Kale soup with sausage was excellent. The spring roll provoked the most amazement - completely fresh vegetables, light roll, and wonderful sauce. Even the cheeseburger eater was thrilled. You would never expect it by the ambiance, but this is a very good restaurant!!!

The hotel was average and a bit tired, and the restaurant service as nothing special, but go to the Loft for delicious food at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It appears that none of the staff care about the guests.
I tried to check in early about 12:00, checkout was at 11:00, I was told that they were in the process of checking people out, there was no guests at the desk. When I asked how long before I could check in I was told "as I said we are in the process of checking guests out".

The cleaning was barely noticeable. A cap to the shampoo was on the floor under the counter for five days, the sheets were never changed, coffee was not provided on two days. White strings were on the carpet in the halls for four days. Pizza boxes were piled up next to trash containers for five days. Trash was blown from over filled trash containers outside and never picked up.
Problems like no electrical outlet in the vanity area and the coffee pot electrical cord being too short to reach an outlet may be hard to correct but having the staff at least pretend to care is fixable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Island NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We arrived at about 10pm and the desk clerk assigned us a room with two double beds. I asked if there was a king bed available, which there was, but she told me it would be an additional charge. I told her I'd like a king bed but didn't want to pay more for it, but she said, nope, it'll cost more money. Now, at 10pm, are they really holding out to see if they can sell that room? Wouldn't this have been a no-cost way to make me a return customer? ... But the plot thickens. We go to the two-bedded room and open the door and it smells like vomit. We turn right around and go back to the front desk and tell them. This time the manager, who was listening to our conversation with the clerk earlier, offers us the king room - and no extra charge.

The hotel had coffee set up in the lobby when I went down at 630am. And 6 oz. cups to pour it in. I went to the Dunkin Donuts 5 minutes away to get a grown-up size cup. Another opportunity to not insult the customer, and they missed it.

The room itself was okay - worn but okay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!