“good location for Smith (w/ a car or bike); plain motel; good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Northampton
san francisco
“good location for Smith (w/ a car or bike); plain motel; good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I got a low-season deal for just $60 per night, and feel I received exactly what I paid for.

Room was clean, but a bit musty from years of poor ventilation. Basic cheap motel amenities; perhaps a bit more choice for hot breakfast than usual at such a price point.

Very friendly staff throughout the hotel.

I'll stay again when visiting Smith, which is just down the road 1 mile -- if I come alone. If with my wife, I'll choose a more romantic location at one of the quaint area B&Bs.

• Stayed October 2013
MA181, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear c1scottc,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to exceed your expectations. If you do decide to stay with us again, please contact me directly the next time you are in the area. I would like the opportunity to personally assist you with your accomidations.

Nicole Zavecz

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Beltsville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Big, well-furnished rooms, but the whole building and the rooms are showing their age, with lots of wear and tear. Reasonably clean. Beds are comfortable and it's nice having the sink and vanity area separate from the toilet and tub/shower in its own room. Decently large selection of hot and cold entries for breakfast. In-room amenities like refrigerator and microwave and large-screen TV, but free Wi-Fi is a joke. Couldn't get the Wi-Fi to connect to my laptop with a valid IP address for any of the 4 nights we were in our room, despite a long time on the phone with tech support and repeated pleas with front desk staff to do something to fix it. Could connect from lobby area, but not from the room. They did at least reduce our bill for the trouble.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MA181, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear hbavguy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear we were not able to exceed your expectations. I would like to take this opportunity to say we take all guest comments very seriously and have passed along your comments in regard to the internet so we can hopefully get the problem resolved.

Shane Mcguire
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I hesitate to post this because the woman at the front desk was so nice and helpful. And the service at breakfast was outstanding. So the people were great. But the room was disappointing at the price---more like an old red roof inn. The worst part was how damp the room was. Everything was moist and it never dried out. I don't know if the air conditioner wasn't working (it was cooler weather so we didn't need it much) or what. (We got home and unpacked and our clothes were still damp!) Also, the toilet kept running. It's just an old place--I agree with previous guests that a makeover is sorely needed. The bed was comfortable, though. That was good. :-)

Room Tip: Not sure--maybe refer to this review. Maybe it was just this one room that had the "damp"...
Brisbane Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent one night here and have no complaints. The room was spacious and the 2 x queen beds comfortable. The rooms and reception and breakfast areas were clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of power points and usb connectors which was great to find. There is also a printer on offer at reception if needed. Rooms are equipped with a fridge and a microwave; there is an ice machine and a laundry as well. There is also a charity bin on site which I always find difficult to find when travelling (being the sort of person who always finds the need to replace clothes as I go!!).
Breakfast was sufficient and better than a lot of other places. We had no trouble securing a table and the breakfast supplies kept being replenished.
There is no highway noise, so a good night's sleep is ensured.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MA181, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear DiR46,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear when a guest enjoys our accommodations. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area!

Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel for just one night and were very pleased with our room. Although we wre right next to thevending and ice machines, we did not hear anything through the wall. It was relatively quiet and the room was very clean. We attempted to go to breakfast in the morning, at about 8:00 a.m. The place was packed! Not eanough seating for all the guests who were trying to eat. The food trays were empty and it didn't look like they were going to be refilled any time soon. We decided to go out for breakfast and pass on the offerings at the hotel.

Room Tip: They have both inside rooms and ones exiting to the outside. Choose an inside room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Garen-Shub,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, though I apologize you did not have the opportunity to take advantage of the breakfast we offer. I will be passing along your comments to our staff so we can improve on our service for breakfast. We hope to see you again!

Woods Hole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Aug 16, 2013 we stayed 2 nights with one daughter to attend graduation of other daughter at Smith. This was our first here and turned out to be as good as a Hampton Inn in terms of the beds, linens, bathroom fixtures, shower etc and breakfast. In fact it is a motel version of a Hampton Inn Hotel. It is convenient for parking, distance to the campus and eateries. It is by itself so you have to drive to eat but this is a lot cheaper than the intown hotel. The staff are terrific, eager to be helpful and well trained. No highway noise but it is very near route 91 (2 tenths of a mile).

Room Tip: First floor rooms have parking right outside.
Dear WoodsHoleJim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to read your comments. I is wonderful to hear we were able to make your stay pleasant. We hope you visit us again in the future.

Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

At this hotel I felt like staying in a motel, where you park right in front of the room doors and people walk past your room window. This was kind of disappointing considering the rates of this hotel. Well, the room I had (on the second floor) was a bit run-down and felt like it needs some renovation somehow. The coffee machine wasn't working after I checked in which fit into this picture, but that was taken care of the next day while I was not there. The swimming pool is really a joke. One stroke and you're through. The same goes for the "fitness room". I think these are just alibis so that the hotel can say "we have a pool and fitness room". Both are way too small to be really useful and the three (or was it four?) fitness devices were totally outdated and not good. When I saw this I thought that this money should rather have been spent to beautify the rooms. Breakfast on the other hand was really good, with a modest selection of food, and staff was very friendly and welcoming. All in all however, also in light of the rates of this hotel and the feeling that I had just checked in a motel on the road, I found this hotel only average. For one or two nights it is OK but I didn't want to stay longer and actually moved to a different hotel in Amherst. I was here on leisure to visit different places in the area. Had lived here 20 years ago.

Room Tip: Maybe the "Suites" are better and you can feel more like in a hotel and not like in a run...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!