“Happy with our choice of hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Northampton
Brisbane Australia
“Happy with our choice of hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent one night here and have no complaints. The room was spacious and the 2 x queen beds comfortable. The rooms and reception and breakfast areas were clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of power points and usb connectors which was great to find. There is also a printer on offer at reception if needed. Rooms are equipped with a fridge and a microwave; there is an ice machine and a laundry as well. There is also a charity bin on site which I always find difficult to find when travelling (being the sort of person who always finds the need to replace clothes as I go!!).
Breakfast was sufficient and better than a lot of other places. We had no trouble securing a table and the breakfast supplies kept being replenished.
There is no highway noise, so a good night's sleep is ensured.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MA181, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear DiR46,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear when a guest enjoys our accommodations. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area!

Shane McGuire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel for just one night and were very pleased with our room. Although we wre right next to thevending and ice machines, we did not hear anything through the wall. It was relatively quiet and the room was very clean. We attempted to go to breakfast in the morning, at about 8:00 a.m. The place was packed! Not eanough seating for all the guests who were trying to eat. The food trays were empty and it didn't look like they were going to be refilled any time soon. We decided to go out for breakfast and pass on the offerings at the hotel.

Room Tip: They have both inside rooms and ones exiting to the outside. Choose an inside room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Garen-Shub,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, though I apologize you did not have the opportunity to take advantage of the breakfast we offer. I will be passing along your comments to our staff so we can improve on our service for breakfast. We hope to see you again!

Woods Hole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Aug 16, 2013 we stayed 2 nights with one daughter to attend graduation of other daughter at Smith. This was our first here and turned out to be as good as a Hampton Inn in terms of the beds, linens, bathroom fixtures, shower etc and breakfast. In fact it is a motel version of a Hampton Inn Hotel. It is convenient for parking, distance to the campus and eateries. It is by itself so you have to drive to eat but this is a lot cheaper than the intown hotel. The staff are terrific, eager to be helpful and well trained. No highway noise but it is very near route 91 (2 tenths of a mile).

Room Tip: First floor rooms have parking right outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear WoodsHoleJim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to read your comments. I is wonderful to hear we were able to make your stay pleasant. We hope you visit us again in the future.

Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

At this hotel I felt like staying in a motel, where you park right in front of the room doors and people walk past your room window. This was kind of disappointing considering the rates of this hotel. Well, the room I had (on the second floor) was a bit run-down and felt like it needs some renovation somehow. The coffee machine wasn't working after I checked in which fit into this picture, but that was taken care of the next day while I was not there. The swimming pool is really a joke. One stroke and you're through. The same goes for the "fitness room". I think these are just alibis so that the hotel can say "we have a pool and fitness room". Both are way too small to be really useful and the three (or was it four?) fitness devices were totally outdated and not good. When I saw this I thought that this money should rather have been spent to beautify the rooms. Breakfast on the other hand was really good, with a modest selection of food, and staff was very friendly and welcoming. All in all however, also in light of the rates of this hotel and the feeling that I had just checked in a motel on the road, I found this hotel only average. For one or two nights it is OK but I didn't want to stay longer and actually moved to a different hotel in Amherst. I was here on leisure to visit different places in the area. Had lived here 20 years ago.

Room Tip: Maybe the "Suites" are better and you can feel more like in a hotel and not like in a run...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel desperately needs a makeover. The front desk staff was friendly and our room was clean, but the place feels tired and neglected. The faucets and fixtures in our bathroom had come detached, the room smelled musty, and the halls and hotel exterior look like they haven't been repaired in some time. Not a terrible place, but not worth the price I paid ($135/night) -- although it was one of the cheaper options in the area during the time of my stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear BoulderDavid,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry your stay was not what you expected. We are looking for ways to improve and I would like the opportunity to speak with you so I can gather more information regarding you stay. Please contact me directly when you have a moment.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed in the 3-story part of the hotel with interior corridors. Our twin queen room for 2 adults & 2 kids was perfectly comfortable and nicely appointed. Everything seemed clean and well-kept, and the empty fridge and mini-kitchen area was appreciated. There's nothing particularly special about the property, except that it's reasonably quiet and convenient. The free breakfast is typical chain motel fare - hard boiled eggs, waffles, baked goods, sausage & eggs, juice & coffee. It was a great jumping-off point to explore Northampton and Amherst.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MA181, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear BuffaloPundit,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area!

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this property based solely on the recent TripAdvisor review and ratings, I wish I would have done a bit more research into other options. I paid $159.00, definitely not worth anywhere near that rate.

The front desk staff was nice, good people working here but sadly the rooms are not up to par. I had too large insects living in the bathroom on the ceiling, wall paper was separating off the wall on one wall yet brand new wall paper on another. The room had a odd and foul stench to it. The pillows were decent but the mattress was very cheap and you sank right into them. This is a very old hotel that has had a recent going over and if you are a casual traveler who enjoys budget motels you may like this property.

I am business traveler and would never go back, I would check the much newer Hampton Inn in Hadley, one exit up I-91 from Northampton

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear CalP0ly,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am very upset to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would like to gather more information regarding your stay, as we ware always looking for ways to improve our guests experience. Please contact me directly when you have the opportunity.

Shane McGuire

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!