“Make reservations, but very good food/drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 127 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Mexican
Flushing, New York
“Make reservations, but very good food/drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The first thing I have to say is, MAKE RESERVATIONS if you want a table. I have been there twice and the first time we had reservations and it was fine, the second no reservation, long wait. However I do have to say that even the second time without reservations, the wait was worth it. They have great meals and you will not be disappointed, they also have an extensive liquor menu so naturally that's a plus as well. Both times I have gone my friends and I were very happy with both our dishes, drinks and the service. I should warn that it is quite loud in this place and its small, so be ready to have a pretty loud conversations, it might be different on a weekday, but on the weekend nights just beware. The bar is nice and the seating area is ok too. Frankly if I was just there with one other person I would probably just opt to sit at the bar. All in all if you are visiting Northampton, I would highly recommend Mama Iguana's if you are craving Mexican cuisine. (Also afterwards you can hit up Packard's for more drinks.)

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“We sat at the bar with friends..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

and had some appetizers and a few good beers. Enjoyed our time here.
When we're in the area, we'll probably go back.

Adams, Massachusetts
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

LOVE the veggie nachos really fresh and loaded add their homemade guacamole - unbelievable.Had the tuna taco's, tuna seared to perfection, the flavors complimented each other - truly heaven. My husband had the steak fajita's which were perfectly spice for our taste the peppers and onions were fantastic! The red sangria's were spectacular. Mama's is my favorite destination in Northampton.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cohoes, New York
“Fresh and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went to the Northampton location of Mama Iguana's on a midweek evening.
The obligatory tortilla chips and salsa were warm and fresh, though we wouldn't have minded a little more spice. We added some of the bottled habanero sauce for more kick.
My husband had two appetizers, Mini- Chipotle BBQ steak skewers and the Chicken and Beef Empanadas. The beef was cooked perfectly, tender and marinade was flfavorful. Empanadas were accompanied by a cheesy-tomato dip which was nice. I had the Chicken Enchiladas which they graciously allowed me to have one with red sauce, and one with verde. I enjoyed both and the chicken was tender and moist. The red sangri was strong and fruity and the pomegranate margarita yummy. The table service was friendly and efficient once they saw we had been seated.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I always enjoy stopping by the Northampton, MA Mama Iguana's restaurant for a bite to eat or a casual drink with friends. The restaurant offers great Mexican food, service and fantastic Margaritas! The Mexican menu will meet even the pickiest of appetites and the pricing is modest; so no need to worry that you are over extending your budget. The atmosphere is casual, meeting after work or running errands on your day off works well. Public parking is provided near the restaurant. I personally prefer the Northampton, MA restaurant over the Springfield, MA location. The Northampton location is cleaner, and the environment is more intimate.

• Visited March 2013