“All about the experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 127 Restaurants in Northampton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas, Wine Bar, Basque
Dining options: Brunch, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Cuisine from Spain. Specializing in Tapas, regional Spanish dishes, Paellas, Fideuas and Desserts. Have more than 80 wines by the bottle and more than 35 by the glass
Amherst, Massachusetts
“All about the experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I would give my experience at Ibiza Tapas and Wine Bar a 4.5 out of 5 stars. The food and service truly blew me away. There was a great variety in the menu with "experimental" and "safe" dish choices. While we enjoyed several classics, we also wanted to try something very unique...and that was SQUID INK. It tasted like a thick, salty sauce, but we were all still thrown by the black color. I am definitely happy to say that I have tried it though!
While the food and service exceeded my expectations, my first impression was a dirty fork. Our server took care of it without me even having to ask, but somebody set the table with a dirty fork (it was washed, but had caked on onion skin left behind) on it, which is not okay. I would like to attribute this to one aloof employee because our server's dedication more than made up for it.
It is a bit pricey, but we used a Groupon that made it affordable. Overall, fantastic dining EXPERIENCE and a must for special occasions!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Excellent Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I visited Ibiza with a group of 4 others and we were all very pleased with the overall experience. Right away we were greeted with live music at the right entrance. the acoustic guitar sound added a lot to the atmosphere and the design of the restaurant (colors and displays) were very appealing. We were seated at one of the back booth tables which is one of my minor complains. I feel that at a tapas restaurant, most, if not all, the seating should be round tables in order to share the dishes easier which is the point of tapas, to share with everyone. But besides the awkward seating, the food was excellent! We ordered some daring dishes like the squid cooked in its own ink, oatmeal beer braised rib, Octopus and potato foam, goat cheese, chocolate crochets for dessert, and a few others that were all delicious, different, and well presented. We tried the sangria and had the peach and traditional wine which I would recommend to any wine lover because it was very good and a great pair with the food. And lastly our server was awesome!! She was very friendly and explained what tapas very clearly to the table before everyone ordered. She was present, refilled our drinks, and always gave us new plates with each new dish. I would highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely go again!

• Visited February 2014
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Awesome find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've never tried tapas before, but I'm really into small plates, and the reviews for this place were pretty good, so I decided to give it a go. I'm so happy I did! My husband and I were greeted kindly at the door, first by the bartender, and then by the hostess who sat us next to the bar in a window seat with prime people watching:) The decor inside is lovely, very vibrant with primary colors and interesting use of lighting. The atmosphere is definitely date-worthy, with a cozy vibe and candles on each table. Our server came over promptly and SHE WAS AMAZING! I wish I could remember her name, because her manager should know what a fantastic job she is doing. She asked if we had ever had tapas before and then offered us a little tutorial on how the process works, which we gladly accepted. Her explanation of the process of staggered ordering and food delivery was clear and she graciously answered all of our questions. We even had a conversation about calimochos (a popular Spanish drink consisting of red wine and cola-don't knock it till you try it, it's awesome), which I was so excited to see on the menu. I had it once at a New Year's party, when a friend of a friend made it, but have never again run into it until now. They also have an extensive list of imported wines and Spanish beers-awesome! We started with the butternut squash soup, which was soooooo good. I love me some classic butternut squash soup, but this was something new. The soup was very creamy, and balanced with some heat from the peppers added in. Topping it with crispy bacon didn't hurt either. The arugula salad with green apples and the serrano ham wrapped asparagus were also particularly tasty. There were many other dishes I wanted to try, but I simply got too full. We will be back:)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try this place out because I had a Groupon for it. It was delicious. We oooooo'ed and ahhhhhhh'ed over the plates and even the sangria (although the first glass of sangria we got was way better than the second...). The octopus in its own ink was adventurous for us and delightful. We also had the short rib and the lamb stuffed peppers. Everything was really great but I don't know if we would do dinner there without a Groupon. It is pricey- from food to drinks, but it's a wonderful experience and very fun. I don't know if I would go with more than two people....I guess I'm not good at sharing yummy food. It does even out tho with price- if you get 2-3 tapas a person it's $20-$30 a person...which isn't that bad considering the prices of entrees in Northampton. We will be back!!!!

Belchertown, Massachusetts
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

After not being able to get into another restaurant, we decided to try this one. First time in there and everything was delicious! Ordered three different tapas and a couple glasses of wine. Not inexpensive, but good amount of food and the variety and everything we got. Would definitely go back!