“Amazing Sandwiches, Salads and CREPES!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Flushing, New York
“Amazing Sandwiches, Salads and CREPES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I've eaten here many times with my friends, and have never been disappointed. The last time I was there was in December 2011, so its been a couple months but its a great little place, and its really nice to sit outside on a nice day. Its Mediterranean/ North African/ French cuisine, but don't be intimidated by that because all of the dishes that my friends and I have had are amazing and the menu offers enough of a variety from the more daring to pretty tame. I would recommend trying one of the brochettes, i've tried them all but my favorite is viande. The omelets they have on their breakfast menu are delectable. My friends and I always make it a point to get one of their fantastic crepes. I think you can see some of the menu on urbanspoon. Also you might want to check out yelp because someone put up some pictures of their dishes.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newton, Massachusetts
“Great for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Nice atmosphere, great Moroccan dishes. priced decent, and nicely presented. Coffee isn't their strongest suit, but the Moroccan tea (mint tea) is really great.

Visited January 2012
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Unique Morrocan style food in a town of fine restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Mosaic shares a number of menu items with its "cousin" Amanouz. Mosaic has some more "French-style" dishes, especially the crepes, all of which are fantastic, and the service is more reliable. In good weather there is a back garden and front veranda which are delightful. I tend to cycle through the savory crepe dishes although I am a big fan of the hearty loubia bean stew and the lamb and chicken stews, too. The Moroccan style mint tea (sweet black tea with mint) is a must. In addition to standard filo&nut pastries, they may have excellent bread pudding and cheesecake and the sweet crepes. Or you can hop over to Woodstar Cafe for excellent coffee and pastries.

Florence, Italy
“cozy casual dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went here the other night, I was a little hesitant upon entering since it was somewhat empty. However the place got quite crowded while we were eating. I ordered the Atlas stew, very yummy! With stewed plums and olives and rice. Good prices for warming food! You seat and bus yourselves, help save cost.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new york
“another Northampton disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

After reading hte reviews of this restaurant, I expected better. I ordered the "Marrakesh Stew". It looked great, tasted just OK. You have a choice of rice or baguette. Maybe I should have gotten the baguette. The rice was on the bottom and was a soggy mess. The lamb had the bone on, which made eating it a little awkward.
I would have appreciated more service. I don't like the order your food, and then sit down procedure. I like to mull over a menu and not feel rushed.
The appetizers, which were good (mixed olives and hummus) took forever to come.
Prices are not bad, seating comfortable, decently decorated. There is outdoor seating.

• Visited September 2011