“Amazing Weekend!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northampton
Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast
You added Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
940 Chesterfield Road, Northampton, MA 01062   |
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Amazing Weekend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Me and my now Fiance were so excited to get to Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast. As soon as you drive in the curious lamas skip to the fence to see who's coming, it was such a delite to get up close and personal with these facinating animals.

John and Dee were very warm and inviting, breakfast was excellent, the room was cozy and the location was perfect.

On the weekend of April 12th my fiance proposed to me and John was very nice to help him surprise me.

This is trully a weekend that I will never forget and Starlight lama BB will always be in my heart.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LlamaMom, Owner at Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you and again, congratulations. Who among us will forget this sweet proposal in front of the llamas! We wish you all the best for a wonderful life together.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

John and Dee are 2 of the most caring and honest individuals we have ever met. This was our first bed and breakfast but certainly not our last. We cannot wait to visit again in the Spring and Summer.

We were greeted immediately by John and shown to our cozy room with its own bathroom and heating system. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Being winter the room was warm and toasty and environment quiet and calm. A true meaning of rest and relaxation. We were shown the dining room where we would be served breakfast where we met Dee and their son. Everyone politely left the table to introduce themselves and pause dinner until we were checked in.

Getting to know Dee the next morning we learned of a hard working woman who, like her husband has a love for animals and the simplicity in life. John and Dee not only opened their home to us which by the way John built! but a whole new world of organic and vegetarian living.

The food alone was amazing and being meat eaters my husband was nervous about not being offered meat with breakfast. He left the table everyday full and wanting more opening his eyes to a vegetarian option. The food was accommodating to all different people and each meal prepped separate and special.

Our last day Dee and John were nice enough to make sure we got to spend time with the animals as the previous day was cold and rainy. This was a highlight for my husband as he loves animals. Llamas, peacocks, goats, emus, dogs, and a donkey named Pedro are some of the many aspects that make this place so special.

So if your looking for good company, good food, and a chance to stop and enjoy nature and see how amazing "being off the grid" feels then this should be your choice.

We thank John and Dee for their hospitality and cannot wait to visit again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
LlamaMom, Owner at Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you Amanda for that lovely review! It was a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to seeing you again this summer. It will look very different without two feet of snow on the ground!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our second, but definitely not last, stay here. This is not a luxurious hot tub type B&B. But if you appreciate nature and good company, this is a great place. We first stayed in April and loved it so much that we immediately booked it again for July. It wasn't until we were in the car heading there that it hit me - I had booked a B&B in July that has no air conditioning! What I didn't take into account was that they are out away from all the asphalt. With the windows open and the fan running the temp in the room was fine for sleeping. In addition to meeting Pedro the donkey and giving the male peacocks the adoration they demanded and hanging out with Llamas, our favorite part of the stay here is the breakfasts. Not only is the food good, but each time the company has been exceptional. On both visits we had long, leisurely breakfasts talking with the hosts and other guests (and I'm an introvert!). I'm looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LlamaMom, Owner at Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you! It was wonderful to have you both here again. Thanks for sharing information about the a/c.. We recall that you were here during that incredible heat wave, and we agree, what a difference trees (and low-tech approaches to staying cool) make! We look forward to your next stay and learning about the next bands you have discovered.
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I can't believe that I completely forgot to write a review back in August when we stayed at the lovely Starlight llama B&B! This is by far my partner and I 's FAVORITE B&B and we are frequent B&B stayers.
John and Dee are fantastic! They make an amazing and delicious organic breakfast which is made even better by their thoughtful and intelligent conversation. The animals are adorable and amazing! Pedro the donkey was particularly fascinated with my partner and all of the animals gave us inspiration for amazing photographs to bring home. With John's helpful guidance, we also enjoyed following the trails right beside the house for a morning hike.
The house is a quick and easy 10 minute drive from the town center. We actually really enjoyed the quick drive. It is was close enough to feel like an easy commute, but far enough to feel like a nature retreat. We are from NYC, so it was nice to fall asleep to the soft sounds of the forrest instead of the cacophony of the city.
The room was spotless and had everything that we needed. There were windows looking out into the farm where we could see the llamas welcoming us as we arrived .Additionally, the bathroom also had a window and was squeeky clean:)
This was truly one of our favorite weekend getaways ! With a wonderful town like Northapmton and delightfully engaging hosts like John and Dee we are counting down the days until our return :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here, the rooms were clean and cozy, breakfast was delicious, and the animals were pretty awesome. I didn't feel like the weather was good for outdoor stuff, there wasn't any snow on the ground. I also didn't realize there was no TV or internet available, which I totally live on!
But John and Dee were super accommodating and helped me out when I first got there at night a whole bunch, way out of what was required of them. And when it was so cold that the llamas weren't coming out voluntarily, John got them out with some grain. Also I was staying alone, and John hung out and chatted with me while I ate breakfast both mornings, and I really enjoyed his company.
I recommend this to people who like staying off the beaten path, want something cozy and unlike regular hotels, and generally can make activities for themselves. And for people who really enjoy homemade breakfasts!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Starlightllama, Owner at Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 4, 2014
Thanks Matt! The pleasure was ours and we appreciated your review. As John is also a bit of an introvert, we get the hesitancy and were glad that you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for making it to Starlight Llama, we look forward to your annual visits.
Hampshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at Starlight Llama B&B in November - thanks to a Lonely Planet recommendation. We arrived in the dark to be immediately met my John and shown to our very comfortable room, I believe the very talented John made most of the bedroom furniture which was beautiful. As the B&B is off (electricity) grid, there isn't a tv in the room but you can use your tablet or laptop to check up on the outside world.

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful starting with fresh fruit, yoghurt and granola and followed by egg dishes (cheesy scrambled eggs on day one and pumpkin pancakes the following day) using eggs from John's hens! While my husband is a confirmed meat eater he was very happy with the options.

The breakfast was made even better by John and the other guests' company as it was great to be able to discuss recent events (election etc) and to gain another perspective to that offered by the media. We were also able to ask questions that we wouldn't necessarily have been able to ask if we were staying in a hotel as John was so friendly and knowledgable. John also gave us eating recommendations which we used.

In summary, we totally lucked out with Starlight as we didn't know the area and plumped with a recommendation without doing any research as we left it until the last minute to book but we hope to return at some point in the future as there's so much to see and do in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much! It is so nice to hear from guests that they had a good time, and John appreciated your visit and conversation! (Dee)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stay here regularly when in Northampton for a board meeting. It's always clean and comfortable. Breakfast is healthy and yummy. John and Dee are extremely friendly, easygoing and accommodating, and I always look forward to easy and engaging conversation over breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Jim,
A belated thank you for your kind review. We look forward to your visits and conversation as well!

Been to Starlight Llama Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!