“Not Impressed, Expensive for Portions” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Western MA
“Not Impressed, Expensive for Portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I thought the food here was bland and not what I was expecting. The portions were small for the price. I wanted to like this place as I like the ideals og grass feed meats but the preperation was pleasing. There are much better choices in Northampton.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Where's the rest of my tough duck?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was brought here for an anniversary after wanting to come for a long time. The service was outstanding, but thats where the good times end. I ordered the duck and was extremely disappointed. Not only was it three small pieces of breast for $27, but the pieces were cut uneven, almost hacked- a tragic way to treat duck. Once i cut into it i could see why. It was overdone and tough on one end and raw on the other. The spiced squash it sat in was very over seasoned with 5 spice powder and had the consistency of babyfood.I had to really put some elbow grease into cutting the duck into bite size pieces. The veggies were also overdone. Texturally, this dish was a mess. My significant other got scallops which were prepared perfectly on the other hand, but were very bland, and unexciting to eat. A very expensive mistake. Fortunately being in love and celebrating with wonderful company made this a much better meal than it actually was...

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Massachusetts
“romantic little bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

my boyfriend and i happened to stop into this bistro as we had about 1/2 hour to kill before our appointment next door (whirlpool & massages). in that small time frame we were greeted and given menus as we sat at the bar. the waitress made some suggestions given our taste in wine that were excellent. we ordered two small bite appetizers. talk about the perfect ambiance! all the elements were there...soothing sounds, perfect lighting, excellent food bites....love, love....LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sewanee, Tennessee
“Great Food and Pleasant Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can't say enough good about this place. The food was outstanding. The service was great. Atmosphere is somewhat plain, but very comfortable - no criticism here. I'll go back again and again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This quiet little restaurant has some of the best food in a city known for its restaurants. All fresh, local, handmade - in other words, starting with the best possible ingredients - combined in ways that make your heart sing.

I visited with my (chef) daughter, and we marveled together at everything we tried. The wine list is excellent.

Visited July 2012