“The BEST place to vacation on the Cape!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Top Mast Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Truro
Top Mast Resort
You added Top Mast Resort to your Saves list
P.O. Box 44, 217 Shore Road, North Truro, MA 02652   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in North Truro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brockton, Massachusetts
“The BEST place to vacation on the Cape!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We actually happened onto Top Mast by mistake. 3 years ago, we were looking for a place to stay near Provincetown for a few nights. I went to this website looking for reviews for another hotel and they weren't very good. I kept looking and found Top Mast. It had good reviews so we thought we'd take a chance. The best chance we ever took! That was in 2008...we went down for 2 nites initially-when we got down there and saw the place we immediately asked if they had one more night available. And they did. We've gone down for the past 2 years for a week each time and plan on continuing to do so for the forseeable future. It's clean. Everyone is so friendly. The guests are mostly repeat visitors. We've seen a lot of the same people for the past 3 years! Everything is maintained so well. And the sunsets are beyond belief. Absolutely breathtaking! There's enough to do locally if you aren't the sit on the beach and relax kind of people like we are. I can't say enough about Top Mast. We just love it there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

As my family of five's second go around with the Top Mast, nothing else really could be said except that is was excellent. You're right on the beach (bay side), which is so nice, but the added benefits of a (beautiful) indoor pool, small workout room, hot tub, and newly built tennis and basketball courts just make it the best place to stay.

The owners and staff are very nice and accommodating and in the near future (next yr or next two years) will present their remodeled outdoor pool.

I would recommend for a family a 5 or even a family with 2 teens, should get the 2 room - so much more comfortable than just the 1 room, in regards to extra space. Trust us, the upgrade is worth it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed at Top Mast for a week in July 2010. It was our first Cape Cod vacation and I have chosen Top Mast in part because of the good reviews here. Now, I have to say, not only that they were right, but the words and the pictures don't do it justice. You would really have to experience it for yourself to fully understand the enthusiasm of these reviewers.

First – the location: excellent. At the same time on a private beach and main road. I do not know if this is always the case, or we were just crazy lucky, but we hadn’t seen one mosquito (or fly or spider or moth…no bugs at all!!!). The ocean was warm enough to swim in every day, and we also had some big waves at times – so much fun! It’s also quite nice that the water gets deep close to the shore, so you don’t need to walk far to be able to swim. There was some seaweed, but it didn’t really bother us - it’s natural - and the beach was cleaned regularly.

The two room efficiency we stayed in was nicely and thoughtfully equipped with everything you need. I appreciated the fact that was really clean (and I am overly sensitive in that department). Even though there’s no AC, there’s more than enough breeze to keep you cool and comfortable at all times. My favorite part was the deck (we stayed upstairs), the ocean view and the air - fantastic! The indoor pool area was really nice, kids loved everything about it: the slide, the deep end, the smoothies, even the hot tub! It’s lovely that dry towels were provided.

Overall, the resort is run really well, as a client I felt respected. I believe that the owners take pride in what they do and find pleasure in a job well done. We had a wonderful time and will be back next year.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I recently took a trip to Top Mast and it was the best vacation ever. The Resort has so much to offer like the bay right at your back door. If you are not into the sand and being outside you can also enjoy the indoor center with salt water pool that has many tables and lounge chairs inside and a patio outside. In addition to the large indoor pool Top Mast resort offers a hot tub, gym, bar (fit for children and adults), sauna room and our favorite the aroma therapy steam room. It is so beautiful waking up every morning and walking out on your very own personnal deck to drink coffee and watch the calm tide. I also want to mention that we all know how it is when you come off the beach and you are full of sand. Obviously there is no way to ensure you do not track it all over your room. Everyday we went out and saw the sites and when we got back the room was spotless, no sand what so ever! This place is just purely amazing. I have read on some other reviews that this may not be a place for peace and quite but I must disagree. People were not loud and obnoxious what so ever, it seems like everyone was curtious and in bed between 9&10PM. I must also mention that at night they light two firepits. One in the back of building 1 and another on the patio of the outdoor center. Both are very relaxing and great to watch. You can also see the lights from Provincetown and take a quiet nighttime stroll down the beach. There is so much to do in the area as well, such as visit the Museum and Monument in near by and check out the shops and Marina in Well Fleet. There is even a drive in movie theatre 10 minutes up the road that has a restaurant, minature golf course, and a flea market in the mornings. I would reccommend bringing some lounge tubes / large boat tubes for relaxing in the bay. A beach bucket would be good also because believe me you can spend hours collecting sea shells and colorful rocks right off the sand.

* The entire staff was friendly
* Location, location, location
* Spacious/Clean rooms with very comfortable beds
* Great water pressure (Bring your own shampoo&conditioner)
* Stop&Shop 10 miles down the road incase you forget something!
* Beautiful Sunrise/Sunsets right from your room

I would not reccommend this resort to anyone who is sensitive to heat because the location does not have air conditioning or ceiling fans.

*Please note the Top Mast does offer two cottages across the street that do have central air however you do not get the full effect of having the bay right outside your door for easy viewing*

I will be staying the beginning of next July again and for years to come but instead of building 3 I am going to try to stay in the cottage for a week.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Cape Cod Bay is literally your backyard when you stay at the Top Mast Resort. Sipping a drink on your personal deck and gazing at the twinkling lights of Provincetown across the bay is paradise. Top Mast's private beach is always well-groomed for endless hours of beach fun and sun.

Rainy days? No problem...
The Top Mast boasts a state-of-the art Indoor Salt-Water Pool where you can order mixed drinks, wine and soda to enjoy pool-side and relax. We go back and forth from the pool to the Hot-tub jacuzzi and back again. The fitness center is great with a dry sauna and even an Aromatherapy Steam Room. All included!!! There is a little walk-in pool just for the kids.

The Top Mast has a perfect location and serves as a nice home-base from which to adventure out and explore the Cape Cod National Seashore walking trails, beaches and historical sites. For modern arts and culture, Provincetown is only a few minutes away with unsurpassed unique shopping, dining and the arts. Or try a whale watch - we recommend the Dolphin Fleet - 7+ trips we have always seen whales! The Lobster Pot and Mews are P-town favorites, for a reason - try them if you enjoy dining out, but make reservations.

Top Mast Resort has been owned and run by the amazing Silva family for over 30 years. They are a great family all hard working and committed to making every guest feel special and well-attended. My family first came here when I was a little boy. I brought my own daughter as little girl and even now at 18 she sees the Top Mast as the high-point of summer vaca.

Highly Recommend the Top Mast! Looking forward to another 30 years!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Top Mast is perfect for everyone. Being there is a feeling I can't even describe. Even after years and years of going, I look forward to it more every year. We stay ever summer and it is everything you could possibly need and want. The beach is right outside of your window and door and Provincetown is just a trip down the road. A perfect location and a perfect place. The staff is beyond friendly and all the accommodations make it enjoyable for everyone of all ages. Top Mast is for everyone, no matter if you are just a couple looking for some relaxation and a wonderful time, or if you're a large family with children or teens. I HIGHLY recommend Top Mast to you. It has been a family tradition for me for years beyond years. I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I've been summering at Top Mast since the early 80's when I came here with my boyfriend! We loved to sit on the top deck having drinks enjoying the sunset then head into P-town for the evening. Then we had a kid and down we went to the first floor. We backed the wagon to the door and unloaded the beach equipment right into the room and onto the sand in front of the sliders. It can't be any more easy or fun than this if you have little ones. You can make lunch, use the bathroom and let the littlest ones nap without missing a minute of beach time. And there are alwasy plenty of "friends" to be found- we met up with the same families year after year and when the kids becaume tweenies they would get together on facebook to make sure we booked the same week! My daughte is now 17 and we've moved back up to the second floor away from the toddlers and we bring friends. Last summer she chose a week at Topmast over a trip to Europe! Nancy and Al have a lovely family. They are hardworking and nice people who have worked hard to make Topmast a great vacation destination. I'm looking forward to coming here for another 30 years!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Top Mast Resort? Share your experiences!