“Peaceful and relaxing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in North Truro
Manchester, Connecticut
“Peaceful and relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Recently spent 2 nights at Sandbars...it was lovely. Well maintained, super clean, the beach is right outside your door, and the hosts, Brian and Pattee, were simply wonderful. Even my dog had a great time. Perfect spot to kick back and relax. Very quiet and peaceful with the ocean breeze and sound of the waves...nice little touches like fresh flowers in the room. I would return here in a heartbeat. During our short stay, we enjoyed the local seafood. Had we stayed longer, the kitchen was equipped with anything we could have wanted to cook meals with. Close to P-Town and other attractions, yet remote and quiet. Loved it!

Room Tip: We had a room on the lower level, so it was out the door and step into the sand.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just got back from a two-night stay at Sandbars and were very happy with our accommodations. We had a second floor king room and the ocean view from our room was really lovely. It's hard to describe but the room just had a really clean, light and airy feeling, and was set up very conveniently with a fully equipped kitchenette and a small island for dining. At night the room was VERY dark thanks to blackout curtains which made for a great night's sleep. The first afternoon we headed out to sit in two of the many Adirondack chairs on the property, very peaceful. We drove to P'town both days and evenings for shopping and dining, it's a very quick five minute drive. Pattee the manager was very nice and quickly responded to our call for help with a small issue with the TV remote. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

After we left Sandbars last year we couldn't wait to return. Now we are counting the days till our next Sandbars visit (reservation has been made) in 2014.

Pattee and Brian run a first class operation. The rooms and the property are spotless and wonderfully appointed. The kitchen, for us, is ideal (with all cooking items needed) to prepare gourmet meals (for 2). During our 5 day stay we cooked every meal in our room (with wonderful fresh fish from Macs Seafood in Truro center). Being able to have our dog, Dana, with us makes Sandbars our perfect vacation spot on the Cape.

We can't wait to go back to Sandbars :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at two Beachtree Properties (http://www.beachtreeproperties.com/) while I was on Cape Cod this summer, and they were different but had a lot in common: a warm, welcoming environment; helpful hosts, beautiful grounds; clean, comfortable, elegant furnishings, everything a person needs to feel at home.

I’m a sucker for details, and was impressed that my room had bouquets of fresh cut flowers in both the kitchen and the bathroom, and flower boxes lined the balconies. Attention to details like that—the things you see when you first arrive—makes me feel confident out of the gate for the other details, and in this case my first impression rang true.

Patti and Brian are fantastic hosts. I was there right before Labor Day weekend, and they were awesome about accommodating a slightly early check-in and slightly late check-out. This is a lot to ask for when rooms everyone wants “just a few more minutes” but they were great about it. After I checked out Brian and I stood chatting for another 45 minutes on the private beach, and he even offered me a place to keep my stuff if I wanted to stay longer in the area. I couldn’t have felt more welcome or appreciated as a guest, but I’ll start back at the beginning.

When I checked in they were great. I don’t know how they manage to do casual yet attentive so well, but they’ve nailed it. I wanted to know where the dog friendly beaches were, and they pulled out maps and told me about all of the best spots. They told me about a restaurant in the heart of Provincetown that has its own parking lot (a huge bonus if you’ve never been there), and where to park for other things.

They made my dog feel welcome and not like some hairy beast that was going to cause trouble. Other guests had dogs too, and everyone was friendly and laidback. Truro and Provincetown are a hike, and it seems that most of the people who make the effort to get out that far on the Cape really want to be there and are happy and having fun. Or maybe it was just the Sandbars Inn, which seems to attract the best in both staff and guests.

I stayed in Truro when I was a kid on a cycling trip (25 years ago!), and wanted to visit the youth hostel where I’d stayed. Brian and Patti weren’t sure of the location, but while Patti and I chatted Brian looked it up and then printed directions for me. I don’t know a lot of “front desk staff” that will go to such lengths, but Brian and Patti are clearly much more that, and confirm why it is usually so much better to stay at smaller inns and hotels. I don’t know if Truro or Provincetown even have big chain hotels (I don’t think so), but I figured it was worth say for those folks who don’t think they’ll get great service at a smaller place.

The rooms at the Sandbars are gorgeous. They have great storage space so you can put your things away, kitchens that are equipped with everything you need to cook a meal (and full size fridges, which are a nice bonus), iPod docking stations, Philosophy bath products, beautiful bed linens and textiles including needlepoint pillows. Everything is gorgeous, and I know from having lived at the beach that keeping rooms from smelling musty and feeling damp is no small feat, but the Sandbars does is. The rooms are clean, fresh, and inviting.

This hotel is literally RIGHT on the beach. I was on the ground floor and had sliders to a deck and then right onto the sand. The hotel has a private beach with lounge chairs and a firepit for cool, Cape Cod nights. You couldn’t ask for anything more, except maybe a pool, but in my opinion you don’t drive put to the tip of the Cape for a pool, when some of the most incredible beaches (with magnificent dunes) are all around you.

The location in Truro is perfect. It’s close to the Provincetown line, and an easy drive into town on 6A (where the hotel is) or on Route 6, which is more of a highway. The proximity to both town and the National Seashore is ideal.

Between the beautiful rooms, welcoming hosts, perfect location, private beach and full kitchens this would be a tremendous place to stay for a week or two. I was only there for one night, but I know I’ll be back for a longer stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had an extended stay with our dog in August 2013 and just loved the room, the location, the views and the hosts and staff. Our room was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean, with sliding doors onto a wooden porch right on the beach! The kitchen-dining area of the room was excellent and we did quite a bit of home cooking (if you are a foodie bring your chef's knife) after a drink down by the water to watch the sunset. We also ate out in Provincetown where you can find first class food in beautiful but relaxed settings - try Ten Tables, Mews, Edwige and Devon. Patti and Brian and their staff run a smooth operation and you cannot fail to chill out here!

Room Tip: Top floor may be quieter and will also have a great view, although ground floor rooms have the bea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay at Sandbars and what a lovely time we had. The hotel itself has been very well maintained and is luxurious in a rustic, beachy way. We stayed in a King Superior room- it was large, very clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen had everything we needed for the meals we ate there ( breakfast and lunch) and having that option allowed us to splurge on dinners out. The bed was super comfy with beautiful linens and the towels in the bathroom were thick and plush. It is these little things that really make this place special. And then, of course, there is the beach. The hotel provides very comfortable lounge chairs, umbrellas, adirondack chairs- you name it. We spent each day lounging in the sun and relaxing. The atmosphere is so peaceful and tranquil that it didn't take long to fully unwind.
Being animal lovers, we also really enjoyed meeting all the doggie guests and of course, their owners too!
All in all, a lovely little hotel that we would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the sandbars with my family of 2 small children (2 and 4) for 4 nights in August. We have been coming to cape cod for many years but had never stayed this far out on the cape before. We loved the relaxed and quiet atmosphere of this area and the sandbars was a perfect fit. Great set up for a family as there is a full kitchen and the room opens onto a beachy area with picnic tables and a fire pit (kids enjoyed roasting marshmallows one night). The actual beach is just a few steps beyond this area. It's a natural beach with seaweed and fairly rocky sand so plan on visiting other beaches for full beach days but still very enjoyable. Nice to be able to make my own cup of coffee and walk out and drink it on the beach. Provincetown is only a 5 minute drive but would recommend taking the local shuttle bus to avoid driving and parking in downtown. Check out the seals at head of the meadow beach for a fun family activity (parking is free after 4:00 if you don't want to make a day of it). In response to the other reviews regarding price I thought it was comparable to other places especially considering the kitchen. My parents in law stayed at a cheaper motel ($175 a night) down the street with no kitchen, no beach area, and a smaller and more dated room, so you get what you pay for. Overall we would recommend the sandbars for those looking for a relaxing and convenient vacation.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sandbars on Cape Cod Bay? Share your experiences!