“First time...LAST TIME!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
grafton
“First time...LAST TIME!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My cousin and I visited my sister and brother-in-law in North Truro and they were treating us to dinner at the Whitman House where they have been many times...the waiter was a very nice fellow and we were alone in the dining room...the cocktails were terrible...my sister and I ordered filet mignon which was so tough we could not cut it or chew it, baked potato barely warm...when we told the waiter he said he would speak to the chef...he came back to say the chef said he has been cutting meat for years and has never had a problem...never offered another selection just left us with that...needless to say my sister and her husband were so upset...upon leaving we spoke with the hostess and she pretended she knew nothing about this which we found very hard to believe and put the blame on the waiter...this is the last time we will visit The Whitman House...yes they will get the tourists but people in Truro will know about this for sure

• Visited May 2013

“Just Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

A very nice, cozy restaurant with a very nice wait staff and an inexperienced cook. One of the specials was Shrimp Scampi which was a bowl of angel hair spaghetti with either frozen shrimp or canned shrimp thrown on top. Perhaps I just ordered "the wrong thing", but it was terrible! Pricey.

• Visited May 2013
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went with a tour group in July. The waitress was very discourteous and seemed to be frustrated by serving people. Worst service ever! Food was served barely warm, although those who had lobster enjoyed it. This is an old style restaurant, so with the tourist traffic they will stay in business regardless. They depend on this, I'm sure. Never again.

• Visited July 2012
Solihull
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great place, Great staff, Great food, Great price. If you are the area, you really ought to give it a try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wonderful food and atmosphere for whale-watching, weary travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

GPS to 7 Great Hollow Rd, Truro, MA

What a wonderful day! We saw lots of Humpback whales off Provincetown, then stopped in Truro to experience Whitman House on the way to our hotel! I ordered the baked cod, but was also lucky enough to try the pork chop & the chicken terriyaki, thanks to the generosity of my tour group.

It's hard to describe the inside of the restaurant, but for me, the atmosphere reminded me of Williamsburg, VA, or something from 200 years ago. The serving ware was pewter!

There is an Amish quilt shop next door that we didn't get to visit due to our late afternoon arrival.
The name of the quilt shop is Whitman House Quilt Shop.

I would highly recommend this dining experience! Mmmm good!

• Visited September 2012