“Even Better Than Before” 4 of 5 stars

Outer Reach Resort
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   535 Route 6, North Truro, MA 02652   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in North Truro
Highland Mills
“Even Better Than Before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Outer Reach was always a good place to stay -slightly shabby but always clean - just what I want for a beach vacation - but there are definite improvements over the past years since I last stayed...new dog park and pool, Continental breakfast with fresh fruit and juices, refurbished bathrooms in some rooms and lovely new plantings in keeping with the area, but the greatest improvement is in the staff...Fayoni was our housekeeper in two different rooms and she was both pleasant wherever and whenever we saw her - friendly yet not too familiar waves to guests throughout the day as she went about her work - and also helpful if we needed extra towels or just a quick spruce up or a complete cleaning of the room...Michele, who also works at the sister resort, The Provincetown Inn, was very helpful when I needed to book a room with certain special needs during crowded and crazy Carnival Week and the day manager who was gracious and courteous each day and so kind when I called and cried as I tried to book a last minute room to visit an ill relative...

Room Tip: Rooms with a deck have cross ventilation to bring in the ocean air...any view, water or park, will b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have stayed here 3 times in as many years. I am never disappointed. Infact my most recent visit was July 5/6, 2014. I enjoyed this stay differently (solo desiring to write, read, and meditate) yet always as wonderful. They've added a pool! Plus my room was peaceful, clean, and inviting. I had my own deck complete with comfy chair overlooking one of many beautifully landscaped areas. As part of National Seashore, it's filled with wonderful sounds of birds, aroma of sea grasses and trees, and an overall feeling of tranquility. The in room refrigerator and micro wave came in handy. As well as breakfast in the morning. The staff was beyond hospitable and always happy and friendly. As a new employee, Michelle, fit right in with her hospitable personality and I look forward to seeing her as well as Bonnie (who I found out grew up in my hometown after chatting a bit) and the rest of the crew at the Outer Reach Resort the next time(s) I head down.
In spite of it being pet friendly, I come with no pets and yet have no problem with furry friends! There are a ton of pet relief stations in their walk-able resort grounds as well as picnic tables, horseshoe pit, small walking trails, and surprises tucked here and there among the landscape.
They also provide free parking at their 'sister hotel' The Provincetown Inn from where you can catch the shuttle for $2.00 into town. They run until midnight about every 30 minutes. If you go on the 4th of July any year, you can always view the fireworks right from the front yard of the hotel. One last tidbit. Others may say 'a bit outdated' I say 'quaint, homey, and comfey' - You say tomato I say tomato :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Yes, the rooms are a little dated, but where are you going to find a view of Provincetown like
this? And yes, they are dog friendly, so much so that they have a clean dog park fenced in
where you can let your pal run around. Bonnie, the receptionist and her pets are back for another year - always smiling, and always pleasant.The addition of the pool is wonderful - and oh, yes,continental breakfast is waiting for you. Yes, the rooms do have microwave and coffee makers too...but who can resist a free breakfast :) ......Can't wait to get back. Ask Bonnie to tell you where the sea lions are .....drive and park your car and then walk into the dunes to the ocean. Doesn't take long to do this and well worth the trip. The National Seashore is a short drive...and Provincetown offers a dog park too (very friendly people there too) that has won
recognitions for how well and large it is! Start packing, call Bonnie direct, and make a reservation! The rooms maybe dated, but it's reasonable price for the area! Enjoy!

Room Tip: pay the extra for waterview with deck
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wethersfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My spouse, myself and our dog stayed at the Outer Reach over the July 4, 2014 holiday for a few days. We left with a good impression of the place. As others have stated, the rooms are a little dated but nothing anyone looking for a good deal can't deal with. The location was fabulous as it was so close to Provincetown. We had a dog friendly room in which we could see the ocean. These rooms do not have phones but they are clean and the mattress on the bed was extremely comfortable. The wood steps leading up to the room have no risers so older dogs such as ours had to be carried up approx 8-10 steps so if your dog has hip issues or is afraid of slippery steps, be prepared to carry the pooch. The place offered a free continential breakfast which was a nice touch. It was not gourmet food; but the muffins, bagels, little boxes of cereal, fruit and beverages were enough to keep everyone sated. The toasters required some getting used to, but the staff helped us. Our room service attendant, Fayone, was super sweet and warm. She asked what she could do to ensure that we had a great stay and she was very helpful to me and the other guests in the breakfast area. In fact all the attendants seemed to be friendly to the guests and we personally saw them giving attention to the dogs in our building. Very nice indeed!! The managers that we dealt with were helpful and told us about free parking at their sister hotel in Provincetown and gave us directions and suggestions to good sites. We would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stay at the Outer Reach all the time because I bring my dog to Provincetown and the price is better than some other hotels. The location is good…not walkable to town but I do like the breeze and quieter atmosphere up on the hill just out of Provincetown and on the Truro border. Wifi can be very spotty. The bathrooms could be renovated but the rooms are clean and all have porches and this year a salt water pool was added. Plenty of parking. You can park at the sister hotel Provincetown Inn for free when you go into town which is nice. If you want to bring your dog this is the place. There is a dog park on the site and many spots with bags for picking up after fido. You can bring your dog anywhere on the property.

Room Tip: In my opinion it is worth the extra money to get a ocean view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had booked a trip hoping it would be an amazing weekend on Friday night to stay on Saturday and received an unfortunate call during my drive there that a cousin was at the intensive unit. I immediately called Travelocity from the road and Bonnie to cancel my reservations. Bonnie from Outer Reach Resort was extremely cold. Not an once of empathy, or I'm sorry for the unfortunate issue at hand. She lumped me in the same bucket she calls "people use that excuse all the time", was very upsetting and requested I show a proof "letter" and she replies with, then I'll think about it.

However, when you confront low people like that, you're best walking away and I had decided to deal specifically with my bank on this issue, rather than deal with ignorant people. Good luck Bonnie with your carrier and hopefully it doesn't occur to you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Binghamton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Outer Reach in Truro..is only 5-6 miles from all Provincetown attractions..
Brand new pool, pet friendly, trails to walk, tennis & basketball area. My room spacious with fridge & microwave....very clean..My room had a deck...& great scenic views of Truro, the ocean, the moors, salt ponds..Breakfast was better than most others..
Bonnie & RuthieLynn went above & beyond to help me with directions......cleaning my room....
Definitely would re return to stay...

Room Tip: Eight buildings ..some with ocean views ...they vary in space & design, I heard more upgrades ar...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Outer Reach Resort? Share your experiences!