“Enjoyable experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Truro
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod
You added Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod to your Saves list
46 Highland Road, North Truro, MA 02652   |
Underhill, Vermont
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for a whole week in one of their RVs and had a good and enjoyable time. Staff was very helpful including their security guy and made sure that our stay was enjoyable. Was nice to have a fire pit, grill and picnic table on site. Being able to walk or bike to the beach was a huge plus then paying $15 a day to park. There were a lot of kids.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I think we paid 77 a night for tent site which seems a lot, but ...location, location, location. Our site was shades and a good size with picnic table and grill. We walked to an appealing beach in maybe 15 minutes (coast Guard Beach). I drove to another beach that was even more appealing in about 5-7 minutes. The campground is convenient to P'town. The facilities at the campground is nothing special... we were surrounded by a RV jungle (some people obviously there long term). The little store at registration was convenient.

Room Tip: Choose a site near the beach path.
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My 25 year old daughter and I stayed at the Adventure Bound Campground in Truro MA over the weekend so we could go cycling for the weekend. We live in RI. so we're pretty close. First, the camp site cost $45.00 a night, which I was certainly wiling to pay until the weekend progressed and I realized you get nothing for that at all. First, the woman who drew out our map instructions to find our camps site gave us the wrong directions. She had us driving the wrong way down one-way roads. So to avoid doing that, we drove around for about 30 minutes in the campground trying to find our site. Second, our site as well as the four on either side of it were not marked. There were no numbers on the sites, which of course, she failed to tell us. Third, there was car window glass all over the camp site. We had to use a hand broom to move enough of it out of the way so that we could set up the tent. It was everywhere and very obvious so they had to know it was there when they rented us the site. Fourth, the first night we were there we had to listen to a group of partiers play guitar and sing loudly and off key until they finally stopped at 4:00 am. Fifth, after a full day of bike riding we returned to the campground and realized that for about 50 camp sites, there were only two bathrooms with showers; one had two stalls and the other had five. We selected the one with five stalls hoping we wouldn't have to wait too long for showers. We each got into a shower and quickly realized there was no hot water. There are coin machines attached to the stalls so we each put 50 cents in and checked - no hot water, then we put in $2.00 and still no hot water. In fact, there was no hot water in the bathroom at all, which of course, they had not told us. Did I say we paid $45.00 a night to stay there? I have camped my whole life and I have never felt so ripped off in my entire lifetime. Never again will I stay at an Adventure Bound Campground. What a rip off! They really ruined our weekend and I value what little time I get to spend with my daughter. Shame on them for being too greedy to provide the service they are expected to provide for their customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Matt S, Owner at Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi Judy,

I am very sorry your stay with us was not an enjoyable one. We would like to discuss your experience with you further. Please email us at info@abcapecod.com

Thanks,

Matt
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Seriously.. this campground is amazing.. we stay every year, for the past 10 years at this one, Although we have not stayed at the new hortons campground that is now part of Adventure-bound.. its a perfect campground and the staff (Especially James) is so accomodating to fit our needs within the campground.. The area is wonderful and its an overall great campground, I cant refer it enough!!

Room Tip: Overall the entire place is really nice.. We always stay on the right side of the campground when en...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

$46 per night for primitive camping with capacity set to 6 people. We reserved for Memorial weekend 2013. Weather was stormy and cold for 2 nights, and upon stop of rain, the entire campsite was covered in thick green mist of pine tree pollen for days.

Here are some of my positive experience staying in ABC:
1) Due to the holiday traffic and construction, it took us 3 extra hours from NYC to this campsite. We were extremely concerned about their strict rule of 11pm arrival and thought we had to sleep off the highway somewhere. Luckily we were able to still sleep at our campsite despite arriving after 11pm so we were very grateful for the leniency!
2) Some people complain about $6 a bundle of wood being pricy. Others complain about staff being rude. However we encountered the opposite. From my experience, the office was opened before said office hour (9am - 6pm) and the staff were helpful and accommodating enough that my girlfriend and I were able to exchange quarters and be done with shower by 9am. I was grateful for not having to wait till 9am to get our quarters for the shower!
3) Shower - each quarter is 6 min. Water was hot for the first 5 min. We realize that we only needed 5 min after water turned lukewarm.
4) Our primitive campsite #16 was well kept and clean. Picnic table, fire pit and grill were in excellent working condition. Pine-needle-covered campground was easy to pitch the tent and comfortable to sleep in. People camping there were courteous and observant with quiet hour.
5) Campsite is dog, family and kids friendly. Despite our friends' aggressive puppies, everyone kept their dogs on leash and all went well with passerby's.
6) the local bus - with bike rack - stops at the entrance of the campsite regularly. What a great way to get to P-town if you don't want to peddle the first 7 miles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This place is so overpriced. I have been biting the bullet for the last couple of years due to my family has been going there for many years but every year the rates increase and service gets worse. Bathrooms are gross, Roads are filled with holes and the office staff is flat out rude, You can also tell that the help is over worked and tired they are so rude. I will not return.

Room Tip: Stay away from adventure bound..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hackensack, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We started going here when we adopted a dog and that's a big plus for us. Campsites are small and they allow campfires so you get smoked out at night. I would personally prefer opening up the camper and taking advantage of the sea breezes but you need to be lucky enough to have an upwind campsite. Needs more activities for the children especially on rainy days. Campsite is a place to sleep and eat not a destination. Has all the amenities, camp store, laundry, clean flush bathrooms and showers with hot water. The staff keeps the property clean and in working order. Staff is eager to please and very helpful. Walking distance to beach and close to P-Town. Late at night staff seems to disappear so when we had a problem with a couple of drunks getting into trouble it took some time getting help but generally a peaceful campground.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod? Share your experiences!