“Drive back to Boston or Providence, or find a new hotel... Just don't stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plymouth Bay Inn & Suites

You added Plymouth Bay Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Plymouth Bay Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   149 Main Street, North Plymouth, MA 02364   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Plymouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I agree with all the terrible reviews here and I am surprise and bemused by the manager's responses (which are likely to be insincere). I had planned to stay at Plymouth Inn Suites after a friend's wedding, but after checking out the musty, smoky, outdated rooms and seemingly less safe environment, I let the receptionist know that I would prefer to drive back to Boston. She was very rude and said that I had used the room an would need to be charged. I assured her that nothing in the room (other than the light switch and door!) wa touched. She still charged me 50% of the room charge. Although disappointing, I was relieved to drive away safe and knowing that I would sleep somewhere significantly more credible!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My family stayed for 2 nights and got a 1 bedroom suite. The room was outdated, the rugs had ciggarette burns in them, and the room smelled musty. the room provided: utensils, cups, plates, microwave, fridge, and small coffee maker. The staff at the front desk was very kind (a man and a woman) the woman was friendly and quick to provide me with extra blanket, and air freshner for the musty smelled room. For the price, it was a good deal. The indoor and outdoor pools were clean, and great fun for the kids. If the hotel was renovated, I would imagine a non stop clientele, as it is located close to plymouth attractions. Overall, OK Place to stay for the price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Very friendly hotel. Stayed for a wedding. We all had our rooms nearby . Free shuttle to and from the reception was nice. No worries of driving. Very clean. Great price. Staff helpful for local info. Would recommend-great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Milton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I blocked off rooms for my wedding and it was the worst mistake.
The rooms were absolutely disgusting. I was told we would receive the complimentry briday sweet which was gross. My wife and I would hev left but we did not want to abandon our guests. The customer servcewas the worst I have ever encountered and one of my wedding guests actually had a full sixe trash barrel in his room.This plce has actually beocome a running joke since my wedding. To me it is embarassing. One of my
froiends actualy said to his 14 year year old son- "Goodnight- don't let the bed bugs bite- literally"
This place was the one and only darkspot on my wedding. It was gross and should be shut down.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these North Plymouth hotels

Winter Haven, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Unless your alternative is sleeping under a rock, avoid Plymouth Bay Inn and Suites. My husband I stayed there for a week in April. The rooms are dirty and are almost never serviced. Towels are a precious and rarely seen commodity. The help is, for the most part, surly and sarcastic. The police show up a lot at the restaurant on the property. A major highway is a few dozen feet from the building.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
SJackson19, Manager at Plymouth Bay Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Guests stayed with us for entire week. I wish they told us of the problems and we would have corrected them right away. We pride ourselves on warm, friendly hospitality and quick response to insure guest satisfaction.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

This is the most outdated terrible hotel I have ever stayed in. We were there for a wedding and they out three of us in a room with one full bed instead of the suite we payed for and when we told them there was no way they gave us another room and told us we may have to pay for it. The honeymoon suite that the bride and groom got was the same size room as ours! The second room had no towels and the bathroom light didn't work. The place is a maze and we walked around for 30 minutes trying to find another friends room, the numbers go from the 200's to the 300's and back to the 200's and then there is another building, good luck finding that. We finally had to call the front and have someone take him to his room. The entire hotel smells like cigarettes and one of the kids commented on this when he got into his cot because they made the same mistake and only gave the three of them one full bed instead of a suite. I believe that they only charged us for the cheaper of the two rooms but then again the printer was broken so we got no receipt, I will have to check my credit card statement to see if this is true.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
We're very sorry the guests did not receive the room type they reserved. It looks like we unfortunately dropped the ball. If guests can e-mail us their info, we're eager to make things right.
Punta Gorda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

took our application for 3 week extended stay. Lied and said they lost it. Declined due to having children? Or any other bologna Maria could create . We have credit, jobs and clean backgrounds. Never a courtesy call either. We would have been homeless with 2 little ones (were closing on a home on the 30th). Dont waste your time here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Plymouth Bay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!