“Great Location for Day Trips in the Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Dartmouth
Vienna, Virginia
“Great Location for Day Trips in the Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose this property because of its good reviews and the fact that it was centrally located for day drips to New Bedford, Newport, and other coastal towns in the area.

The room was large, clean, and comfortable. The halls had that scent of rug cleaner and the smell of chlorine from the indoor pool permeated the first floor (we were on the second). Their selection of TV channels could have been more extensive.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our particular requests. One offered to call my room when the late-night pot of decaf coffee was ready. We were in over a July weekend when the place was full, including ample numbers of small children. The staff seemed to handle the volume in stride.

Breakfast was OK, standard fare for this level of hotel. Certainly met our needs. The room became very crowded, however, with so many families on site.

[Note to the manager, update your room information binder. It is out of date, including listing a restaurant that apparently closed years ago.]

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms at the ends of the corridors, as the doors to the adjacent stairwells close with...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Port Hope, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have had a few bad experiences with the Best Western chain over the last couple of years. I am quickly losing my faith with them. This time around it was mildew, noise, and dimly lit rooms. Some Best Western hotels are definitely bringing down the name of the chain overall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Perfect place for a layover. This hotel is convenient to I-195, clean and very comfortable with helpful staff and all amenities (wifi, breakfast) we needed. And the price was great. We definitely would stay again.

Jonesboro, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I really just needed a place to stay for the night with my partner and went with Best Western since it seemed pretty good for the price. I would have expected a much cleaner and better maintained room for the price I paid. I was glad we only spent one night there. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is good for the area.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Price is just right for this hotel compared to others in the area.

My husband and I were traveling for a wedding in the area. The staff were very friendly during our visit.

We only stayed for 1 night and essentially were only there to sleep. The room was nice and clean.. bed was a little uncomfortable.. I woke up with my muscles feeling very tight.

Overall, great hotel for our purposes.

Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed for three nights during a massive heat wave in MA (in June!). We ran out of things to do in the area, due to the heat, on the second day, but my kids wouldn't hear of leaving this place too early.

First impressions count, and ours was created 3 minutes after entering the room. The phone rang and the lady from the Front Desk called to say that housekeeping suggested we move to a different room because they felt this room smelled of smoke. This was not something we would have noticed until some time had passed, during which we probably would have settled in with our stuff, so their attention was much appreciated. We were moved to a handicap room which was very large and spacious.

We really enjoyed the hotel. My kids went to the indoors pool everyday, and my husband used the gym. Breakfast was very good, with egg and sausage as well as toast and everything else you usually get. The breakfast lady was always there, with a smile, making sure everything was fresh and plentiful.

I used the extra time to catch up on work emails so the internet connection was important for me. There was a cable connection on the desk which was excellent, as well as pretty good WIFI. Also, across the hall from us was the business center, which we used as an extra office room.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay very much. I don't think we'll get to the area again anytime soon, so I can only hope we can find such great motels elsewhere in the country.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Salisbury, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We used this as a home base to do some touring of Mass and RI. The room was very nice. Looks like it's been recently upgraded. 24 hour coffee is a plus. Breakfast was pretty good too with your typical continental breakfast items plus eggs, sausage and french toast. We'd stay here again if we were in the area. Staff was nice too.

Room Tip: Top floor might be best. Floors are VERY easy to hear through.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn? Share your experiences!