“Highly recommended...will definitely come back again!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Inn & Suites

You added Regency Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Regency Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   171 Faunce Corner Road, North Dartmouth, MA 02747 (Formerly Comfort Lane Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in North Dartmouth
Middletown, New York
“Highly recommended...will definitely come back again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Honestly, I'm very surprised by some of these reviews! My daughter and I stayed here last weekend to visit some family. We chose to stay here because the hotel was right off the exit and really close to all the restaurants and shopping. I also came here before the new management and frankly, it's definitely improved! The service at the front desk was very good- much more quick and painless than it used to be! The staff were also very warm and friendly. I didn't have any problems with the room either, and it served its purpose well. The pricing was affordable and better than I had expected, and although the pool wasn't open, the cleanliness and cozy atmosphere really made up for it. If you're looking for a 5-star hotel, this isn't for you. But for a nice, quiet stay, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Marlborough, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was listed as a three-star hotel, but I beg to differ. The pictures do not tell the true condition. The hallway was a bit dingy, but the room itself had a weird odor. We tried to open the window (there was a great breeze outside) but it wouldn't stay open and there was no screen. The carpet was dirty, the bedding was questionable (I took the bedspread completely off) and the mattress pad only covered the middle section of the bed (looked like they used a queen size on the king bed). The bathroom was reasonably clean, but the tub had a big crack in it--when showering I realized it may have happened because there was no support under the fiberglass tub, so it was very unstable. I was trying to shower while keeping to the back of the tub with feet as far to the sides as possible. The toilet had terrible water pressure. If we were staying over another night we would have gone elsewhere. Unfortunately there aren't many options in the Dartmouth/New Bedford area. Definitely not worth the $135 plus tax.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hotel accommodations are that of a 2 star hotel. I stayed here because I was traveling with my small dog and this was e only option on the area. I didn't have high hopes because the price was so low. Overall, it served its purpose. Ok for and in and out trip. Wouldn't recommend staying for an extended period of time. Hotel is currently under construction

Room Tip: They do not offer breakfast like advertised on website
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were traveling to the area for a viewing/funeral service for the Friday evening on arrival. Reservations made through expedia.com for 2 adults with two small dogs. Paid via phone per credit card. Checked in. When we brought our dogs in the desk person(owner? Not very good English) speaking very accusing and very threatening like. Saying we had no room for dogs and how can two womon sleep in ine queen bed. We are now within the hour window of missing the viewing. After a bit of trying to tell this guy we booked this room through expedia. He gives tjis longexplanation how we should have called directly. And we can stay if only we pay 60 dollars in cash for the dogs. WOULD NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD. ONLY CASH. HMMM. never did get an explanation why.
I think we got taken on this dog payment. We paid thru expedia but said we did not. We don't carry cash, i only had 40 dollars I happen to round up between my friend and I.
Then everytime we would come back from the service the guy would advance us and says "do you have my 20 dollars"?
Well this was something i would pay on check out. I was approached several times each time we came and went for tjis 20 dollar cash. Then he did not want to give receipt. I got one after much insistance.
Then he said you left your pets here when you are here? This is a business. U take your dogs.
So not recommended.
Not clean. No room service. It was terrible!

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding before we left on our honeymoon. There was never anyone at the front desk for service even when you called because the guy was to busy sleeping.when we got into our room our tub had water al in the bottom in ot and was filthy. The toilet was ready to fall over. The was still trash and peoples old candy in the draws. Dont stay here

• Stayed May 2013
Panama City, Panama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This accommodation has 'apparently' been updated. I am not sure what it was like beforehand but I for one will not be staying ever again. Entering the building there was an overwhelming smell of curry and cigarettes. The people who run this establishment were kind, accommodating and seemed very nice but I have a feeling they lived on the premises close to the entrance. The rooms were not very clean at all and I was in sincere doubt that the blankets had ever seen a washing machine ever. Both the blankets and bed smelt very strongly of cigarettes and I showered twice the following morning to rid myself of the dirty bed stench. The furniture in the room was old and rickety and after sitting on the chair at a table was convinced that both were going to break at any second. I refused to eat there. Sorry but this place is in need to a DEEP clean.. YUK...!! And I would not recommend this place to anyone in its current state especially for the cost.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this place for 12 days and found it a very pleasant experience. I had stayed at this place previously too when it was under previous management and it was a pretty satisfactory expereience. Now it is operating under a new management and my experience this time was way better. While they have not started complimentary breakfast till yet, I would say that the stay here was a complete value for money due to all other factors. I would highly recommend and would in fact look ahead to staying here in future too.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Regency Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!