“Excellent accomodations at a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Dartmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scotrun, Pennsylvania
“Excellent accomodations at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I, along with our two teenage children and our dog, stayed in a two bedroom suite on the third floor. It was outstanding. The suite had two bedrooms; a queen bed in our room, two double beds in the second bedroom and two full baths. The suite was spacious with three flat screen TVs. It was clean and the decor was up to date, colorful and modern. It was unbelievably quiet given that it's right off the highway. Honestly, you'd never know the highway was there. They had everything you could want for breakfast; scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, waffles, a variety of toast, bagels and muffins, coffee, juice, yogurt, fresh fruit...it was wonderful! The gentleman running the breakfast buffet and dining area was very attentive. The staff was polite and friendly. We've stayed in a lot of hotels; this one was a great experience and value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Hello Culligan NY,
It sounds like you had a wonderful time at our hotel and I would like to express my thanks for your wonderful recommendation. I will be sure to share your comments with Isac our kitchen manager and the rest of our team. We look forward to your next visit!
Warm regards, Monica G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Right off Rte. 195 in North Dartmouth, this Residence Inn was very nice. We stayed on the 3rd floor, very quiet considering it is next to the highway.
Two room suite with two flat-screen TV’s.

The breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage hash, potato pancakes, Canadian bacon, and make-it-yourself waffles. The food was hot and plentiful. Two staff members worked the dining room. They were very friendly and helpful. Usually the staff members just put the food out but these two ladies made sure our table was uncluttered.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you Sandy 1954 for your great comment. We love hearing about how our staff members exceeded our guest expectations . Karen and Gloria obviously shinned during your brief visit. We hope that if you are in the area again, we can be your home away from home.
Warmest Regards,
Monica
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed in one of their studio partments which was very spacious with an large en-suite bathroom area, kitchenette, and dining/living area with work desk. WIFI is free. The only negatives are: no on-demand movies and the living room couch and chair are incredibly uncomfortable. Also, if you have a choice, ask for a 3rd floor room. I was on the 2nd floor and a herd of elephants was above me!

There is a free breakfast with the room and it includes hot options such as waffles, eggs, and bacon in addition to the usual cereal and bread. There is a very pleasant dining area with a gas fireplace where you can eat breakfast.

In addition, there is a small but very clean pool with whirlpool that I had all to myself on a Monday evening.

The hotel is convenient to UMass Dartmouth and New Bedford, but the area close to the hotel is pretty uninspiring - lots of malls, many of which are down on their luck. However, right next door to the hotel is a 99 Restaurant which has a surprisingly decent menu including several delicious options for the calorie conscious traveller.

Overall, I had a very pleasant one-night stay at the hotel and the staff were all incredibly nice. All the chambermaids who I encountered were just lovely and the room was spotless.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. One of my favorite parts of my job is sharing positive experiences with our staff members and it truly inspires the team to continue to deliver excellent service! We hope that you come back and visit us again real soon!
Springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The rooms at this hotel are very spacious. It is located near attractions (we came for a hockey tournament at the Hetland Arena about 2 miles away) including some decent beaches, and is a good value for the product. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast buffet had a number of choices. It is also located within walking distance of a couple of decent restaurant offerings and is easy on/off the highway. The rooms are clean and the flat screen TVs are state of the art.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. One of my favorite parts of my job is sharing positive experiences with our staff members and it truly inspires the team to deliver excellent service! We hope that you and your family come back and visit us again soon!
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Since I travel a great deal for my career, I found myself living on the road and in hotels. I traveled to North Dartmouth, Massachusetts for work. My stay at the Residence was greater than four months. In my personal opinion, this Residence Inn has provided a far superior experience than previous hotel establishments in which I have visited. I found the entire staff to be incredibly professional, courteous, and always able to assist with any possible need. Each room is considered a suite, which, I feel, provided more of a home feeling rather than your usual hotel room. The rooms are exceptionally clean. Furthermore, the staff does NOT cut corners in cleaning the rooms. If you are traveling to the New Bedford/North Dartmouth area for business or vacation, I highly recommend the Residence Inn. My experience was very enjoyable as I am sure your experience will be as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for your great recommendation and thoughtful words regarding the hotel and staff. The staff and I strives to make every guest happy, each stay. The housekeeping staff was very excited to know that you were happy with their hardwork. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Best Regards, Monica G
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Post Script To My Previous Review

In my first review I focused on the courtesy and the professionalism of the staff at the Residence Inn. In part this was in response to those folks who had a bad experience at the Inn (which, of course, can happen even in the best of places; especially prior to 7 am when, in general, the person at the desk is the night auditor rather than as professional desk clerk).

In this review I want to talk more about the hotel’s amenities. When I first came to new Bedford in 2003 I had the choice of several very nice inns and hotels. However my work was quite intense and I often began to work in the room very early in the morning and often even very late at night. Because my wife usually accompanied me on my stays, I wanted a place where she could relax and/or sleep without me disturbing her with having the lights on and she wanted to be able to watch television without distracting me from my work. In that sense it became a “no brainer” to choose the Residence Inn. Their one room suites gave us all the privacy we needed and while there was no "business center" at the hotel (but it did have a computer for guests to use) the work space and facilities in the room were excellent.

We were often at the Inn during the winter when at my age (I am now 82 years old) I did not want to have to drive in the snow to get to a restaurant. So another plus was that while the Inn had no restaurant (other than for serving a nice complimentary hot breakfast in the morning and having an evening snack Monday through Wednesday) there was a 99 restaurant on site and almost equally as close were a MacDonald’s and Texas Road House. I could walk to the 99 and take out a meal that we could enjoy in the dining area of our suite where there was a stove, refrigerator and all the other necessities for eating at home.

In the above context I would be even more enthusiastic for recommending the Residence Inn if you are in New Bedford for business (although in my previous recommendation I mentioned that my wife and I enjoy staying there occasions when business is not involved).

Herb Gross
Boston MA

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you again for your great comments regarding our hotel and staff. We work very hard to ensure that every guest has an excellent experience while visiting the area. We look forward to your next visit .
Best Wishes, Monica G
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

This is a nice typical Residence Inn. Plenty of parking, close to restaurants, and a nice free breakfast. Rooms were updated, however the staff was only somewhat attentive to my requests. This hotel is very close to the University of Massachusetts School of Law where I graduated recently. It is also close to the main campus of the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth main campus.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you SeanH1999 for your comments regarding our hotel. We strive to make every guest happy, each stay. We hope that you will visit us again next time you are in the area.
Best Regards, Monica G

Been to Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth? Share your experiences!