“Convenient and spacious” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Dartmouth
Springfield
“Convenient and spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The rooms at this hotel are very spacious. It is located near attractions (we came for a hockey tournament at the Hetland Arena about 2 miles away) including some decent beaches, and is a good value for the product. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast buffet had a number of choices. It is also located within walking distance of a couple of decent restaurant offerings and is easy on/off the highway. The rooms are clean and the flat screen TVs are state of the art.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. One of my favorite parts of my job is sharing positive experiences with our staff members and it truly inspires the team to deliver excellent service! We hope that you and your family come back and visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Since I travel a great deal for my career, I found myself living on the road and in hotels. I traveled to North Dartmouth, Massachusetts for work. My stay at the Residence was greater than four months. In my personal opinion, this Residence Inn has provided a far superior experience than previous hotel establishments in which I have visited. I found the entire staff to be incredibly professional, courteous, and always able to assist with any possible need. Each room is considered a suite, which, I feel, provided more of a home feeling rather than your usual hotel room. The rooms are exceptionally clean. Furthermore, the staff does NOT cut corners in cleaning the rooms. If you are traveling to the New Bedford/North Dartmouth area for business or vacation, I highly recommend the Residence Inn. My experience was very enjoyable as I am sure your experience will be as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for your great recommendation and thoughtful words regarding the hotel and staff. The staff and I strives to make every guest happy, each stay. The housekeeping staff was very excited to know that you were happy with their hardwork. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Best Regards, Monica G
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Post Script To My Previous Review

In my first review I focused on the courtesy and the professionalism of the staff at the Residence Inn. In part this was in response to those folks who had a bad experience at the Inn (which, of course, can happen even in the best of places; especially prior to 7 am when, in general, the person at the desk is the night auditor rather than as professional desk clerk).

In this review I want to talk more about the hotel’s amenities. When I first came to new Bedford in 2003 I had the choice of several very nice inns and hotels. However my work was quite intense and I often began to work in the room very early in the morning and often even very late at night. Because my wife usually accompanied me on my stays, I wanted a place where she could relax and/or sleep without me disturbing her with having the lights on and she wanted to be able to watch television without distracting me from my work. In that sense it became a “no brainer” to choose the Residence Inn. Their one room suites gave us all the privacy we needed and while there was no "business center" at the hotel (but it did have a computer for guests to use) the work space and facilities in the room were excellent.

We were often at the Inn during the winter when at my age (I am now 82 years old) I did not want to have to drive in the snow to get to a restaurant. So another plus was that while the Inn had no restaurant (other than for serving a nice complimentary hot breakfast in the morning and having an evening snack Monday through Wednesday) there was a 99 restaurant on site and almost equally as close were a MacDonald’s and Texas Road House. I could walk to the 99 and take out a meal that we could enjoy in the dining area of our suite where there was a stove, refrigerator and all the other necessities for eating at home.

In the above context I would be even more enthusiastic for recommending the Residence Inn if you are in New Bedford for business (although in my previous recommendation I mentioned that my wife and I enjoy staying there occasions when business is not involved).

Herb Gross
Boston MA

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you again for your great comments regarding our hotel and staff. We work very hard to ensure that every guest has an excellent experience while visiting the area. We look forward to your next visit .
Best Wishes, Monica G
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

This is a nice typical Residence Inn. Plenty of parking, close to restaurants, and a nice free breakfast. Rooms were updated, however the staff was only somewhat attentive to my requests. This hotel is very close to the University of Massachusetts School of Law where I graduated recently. It is also close to the main campus of the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth main campus.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you SeanH1999 for your comments regarding our hotel. We strive to make every guest happy, each stay. We hope that you will visit us again next time you are in the area.
Best Regards, Monica G
Scotland, CT.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Let me first start off by saying, the room was extra spacious, updated & clean. That said, there were some issues with our stay. My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during theThanksgiving holiday and although the room size was more than I expected, the bathroom door wouldn't shut tight or lock and the fan in the bathroom was extremely loud!
Because it was a holiday, we told housekeeping all we needed was some extra towels and they said they would leave them outside our door, but never did!
The thing that disappointed me the most was the whirlpool (jacuzzi) in the pool area was not in service due to a chemical issue. I specifically wanted a hotel with a whirlpool and heated pool because I have lyme disease and this helps the joint pain. I cannot believe that a hotel of this size could not maintain their chemicals, if you have these ammentities then you need to have someone maintain them at all times, just my opinion!! I didn't use the heated pool either because there were some young kids unattended jumping and goofing around in it at the time I went down to use the facilities.
On a good note, the breakfast buffet was large and offered alot and the woman who was taking care of it did a phenominal job!!

Room Tip: Make sure everything is in working order before checking in.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Sheree B,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy that you encountered our friendly breakfast attendant and enjoyed your suite. I am sorry that your overall stay did not meet your expectations with the hot tub being out of order. Unfortunately, the spa heater broke on Wednesday morning prior to your arrival, and due to the holiday, no one was open to repair the unit. While I understand that your experience was not a great one, I would love the opportunity to prove that the issues you experienced are not the norm. Please call me directly if you are ever in the area again and need accommodations, as I am confident in saying that your next visit with us will be fine. Again thank you for your feedback.
Warmest Regards,
Monica Gouin
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stay at a lot of Marriots due to work and I have stayed here several times for long durations. The staff is very friendly and always cheerful thak you Nellie and Monica, they always speak and have taken care of requests promptly. The entance is very neat and clean as is the outside.

The suites always smeel good and have always been very clean, spotless the hosekeeping staff are very considerate of needs and have always the extra care to ensure my stay is warm and welcomed.

The breakfast buffet is extremely well kept fresh fruits coffe cerals eggs muffins the choices are well managed, and again the cooking staff are alwys cleaning and ensuring that you are well taken care of.

I would and have recomend this Residence to others and have spoken about it to other Marriots in my travels.....good good good job Marriot this is one of your best of the best

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room from years staying
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear Virgil H,

Thank you for your great recommendation and kind words regarding the hotel and staff. The staff strives to make every guest happy each stay. I am glad we have exceeded your expectation. We always look forward to welcoming you home.

Warmest Regards, Monica G
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Along with the usual amenities you would find in any Marriott hotel, the Residence Inn in Dartmouth is a place I would stay over any other. The number one thing you could ask for in a hotel is to have it feel like home. The staff always greets me by name, and accommodates my every need. The front office staff (especially Nellie) makes me feel like I'm checking in to my second home while on business. There's no other place you should be staying.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you for such a fabulous review! Our team gets so excited when I read these at our team meetings. It really does inspire them all to always offer excellent service. I will be sure to recognize Nellie for her outstanding service and we all look forward to your next visit! Thank you!

Been to Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth? Share your experiences!