Meeru Island Resort & Spa is a wonderful place to go to for your honeymoon. I think at least 75% of the guests were just married when we were there. We booked the Watervilla's with jacuzzi and really: the villa was gorgeous. We had a lot of privacy on our balcony, which was really peaceful. Also the water underneath the villa was beautiful. By day, especially early in the morning, the water was really clear and you can find a lot of big fish in there (also rays!). In the late afternoon you can find many big sharks in the water, which was really impressive to see (also a little bit frightening). By night you can see many fish and sharks from the view of your balcony, since they placed a flashlight above the water, which makes you able to see the nightlife of the fish (they hunt by night).
The jacuzzi was also really nice to have. When you sit in there you have a beautiful view on the ocean. Actually, in our opinion, the watervilla was perfect: clean, large, romantic and peaceful. The villa was cleaned twice a day, which was really nice. We also received a small bottle of champagne and fresh fruit when we arrived, combined with a personal note which welcomed us as a married couple, which was really thoughtful.
The food in the restaurant varied by day and they had a lot of different dishes. You also have your personal waiter (we had Malik, really great and hardworking guy). We loved everything about the restaurant. It also had a great view on the beach and the ocean. The restaurant is just placed on the sand, so that means you actually eat with your feet in the sand. The employees of Meeru are really helpful and very kind!!! The cocktails and wines in the bars and restaurants were also really good and extensive! We loved them. The nightprograms were OK, not that entertaining. We only liked the DJ-night, which was a lot of fun since the DJ knew what kind of music the guests liked. Most of the time all the tables were taken in the bar where the nightprograms were held.
The island was also gorgeous. A lot of beautiful trees on it, white sand, very bright water. It was a pity that there was some trash into the waters when there was a lot of wind. You can find a lot of baby sharks near the beach.
The excursions were in our opinion very expensive for what you actually get. Especially the submarine was way to expensive in compare to the other excursions. It was not that impressive, since you can also see the coral and fish when you go to the housereef, which is free when you have the all-inclusive package. We did really enjoy the Kagi-island excursion. We saw a lot of turtles, beautful fish and even dolphins!!
The only negative remark we have is about the boats you go into when you have a excursion or when they pick you up from the airport. The boats are really outdated in compare to other resorts. They make a lot of noise, have a terrible smell of gasoline and are very old and ugly.
Lastly, we would definitely recommend Meeru Island!! It was amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island