We wanted an island that could offer us all a totally relaxing holiday but with plenty of activities for my son (15) and I who wanted just a little more than chilling the complete time. My wife and daughter ( 18 ) just indulged themselves to strolls around the island or just laying on there sunbeds.
I read lots of reviews on this resort and contacted one reviewer Chris asking him lots of questions. He obliged with answers and more, basically went out of his way in offering advice as he and his wife Sharon are regular visitors. He organised through his friend Noora - Supervisor at the Asian Wok ( go there!) to have beach villas 251 and 252. Thanks Noora for all your help. Great location on the east side of the island, we virtually had our own private beach. Thanks mate it was as good as you said it was and more. If I can now do the same for another family or couple, will only be too pleased to do so, you cant beat recommendations from people who have experienced the island and its wonderful people.
I like so many others have to say ignore the 'moaners' with there negative reviews ( not that there are many which speaks volumes doesn't it?) You can always find faults if its in your mind set!
Flew direct with BA from Gatwick - good flight, plenty of entertainment. 10mins wait for transfer speedboat.
1 hr later met with wonderful reception and coconut milk drink. 10 mins to fill in forms and straight to villas ( slick).
Would recommend All inclusive if you can, as this covers the majority of the activities as well as the drinks and food. Food really is amazing, the variety is exceptional. If you go ask for Mustafa ( farivalhu restaurant ) he was very attentive. Plenty of bars to choose from, we spent the majority of our time at the Dhoni bar due to its location and more importantly our new friend Saheed ( AKA Mr Puzzle!) this guy knows a thing or to about customer service let me tell you. He was fantastic with my kids and was very personable with my wife and I. Nearly everyday he challenged us to a puzzle, often bring out his box of matches and creating a brain teaser! Top man Saheed- thanks buddy! Please go out your way to look him out, nothing is ever too much trouble for him. Another special mention to our room boy Mohammed, great job, asked me everyday if everything was ok, If I needed anything he stopped what he was doing and went and got it for us.
We have just returned 11th July to 22nd July 2013) weather was fantastic, couple of half days cloudy and a couple of showers at night, other than that wall to wall sun and very hot.
Go on the sunset cruise to see the dolphins, go and have the back massage at the spa ( go for the strong massage)............
Just go and book it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male’ Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island