Stayed at Meeru resort for 10 days as part of my girlfriends 40th birthday surprise. She had no idea where she was going until we arrived at terminal 3 at Heathrow airport. I admit I was worried about booking this trip, not because of the island, accommodation or food. I knew they would be great judging from the reviews on here. It was the weather I was worried about.. I needn't of, it was fantastic. Yeah there was a few heavy downpours for 15 minutes or so and rain through the night but most days were glorious and sunny.. And very hot.
Loved it here. We had a beach villa, number 250, we loved it, the location was perfect, 10-15 yards from the sea. Most morning we would awake around 7am and take an early morning dip in the Indian Ocean. We specially liked the lagoon side of the island. Very peaceful and the waters were calm.
The food is amazing and our waiter for the duration was Ahmed. ( farivalhu restaurant ) what a lovely guy. He became a friend. Nothing was too much trouble. We even played jokes on him and he did us. We laughed so much. The guys in the Pavillion bar were great too. We had many a night in there. A remarkable holiday. Will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male’ Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island