We went to Meeru for our Honeymoon June 24th to July 5th.
We were choosing place thoroughly and decided to go here. So based on others' reviews we were expecting to come to absolute paradise.
And that is exactly what we got. Great service, fantastic food, huge choice of activities (snorkelling, diving, wind surfing, canoes, a very good football pitch and of course beautiful sea).
The island itself is big enough comparing to other Maldives islands, so we nearly never met anyone otherwise than in the restaurant, which was great for us since we were on our honeymoon and quite tired of all the hustle and bustle back at home.
Service is just sky high in ebery bit, waiter Hassan in the restaurant was really nice and it was a real pleasure to have a small chat during the dinner. The villa was always kept in perfect condition with cleaning twice a day.
There are enough reefs around the island, so you can spend time looking at beautiful nature in the water. Twice a day there is a free trip to the house reef (about 10 minutes on the speed-boat), which is quite big and there lives a turtle, so don't miss it! The ship stands there for about 1 hour.
There is also a great SPA on the island. There are two of them, Overwater and in the middle of the island. Activities in overwater one cost a bit more, but it is definitely better: you have massage and look at the fish through the glass in the floor at the same time!
We booked a photographer (not the ceremony, just photos), who was really nice and made great photos. We also went for candle light dinner, which is a bit overpriced probably, but you still get a great experience of dinner in dark on the sand.
If you want to look for usual Maldivian life take the "Island Hoping" excursion (full day spent on four different islands) rather than go to capital Male. Still Male is also quite interesting, local market offers some local fruits, nuts and sweets.
About the souvenirs: souvenir shop has normal prices comparing with the ones on other islands (except for cigarettes: prices in hotel are around $6.50 a pack and in Male we bought $2 a pack). But the cheapest prices for souvenirs are in the airport in Duty Free, when leaving. We were a bit surprised to see the same stuff much cheaper.
Overall we got an experience to remember for the whole life, so thanks a lot for our great honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island