this was our 9th trip to the maldives ( 1st to Meeru ) and it was better than expected, we had read some reviews on here about overbooking, rats, transfer delays, etc etc, we took some advice from Adrian at Seven Holidays ( great site for reviews on the Maldives ) Adrian had helped us before with Island choices and he is always spot on, sadly the flight was rubbish, looked like an old BA plane, was nice to see the improvements at the airport since last year, no delay on the speedboat transfer, spotted lots of Dolphins on the way, check in was quick and smooth, we got the room we requested ( JBV IN THE 600'S ) had a nice view of the sea from the bed, lovely bathroom and outside area, room was very nice, we ate at the Maalan which has a great location, food was very good, lots of variety,Tracy has an allergy to eggs but Sumit gave her a list every meal time to show her what she could eat which was great, the bars were all very good, Kakuni is lively, Dhoni is Cool and the Uthuru is very quiet and relaxed, both the swimming pools were good.
an afternoon drink at the Asian Wok is a must, just sit on the edge on the cushions and take in the beautiful views.
We were also lucky with the weather, we have tried all different times of the year and it is always good, bit of rain doesn't normally last too long.
the gym was basic but ok.
overwater spa was lovely ( bit too strong for Tracy and she asked for it gentle )
everything on Meeru was great, mainly because the staff are brilliant, everybody is happy and smiling and happy to help you.
staff that I have to mention as they were SO good
Sumit the chef in the Maalan as he helped tracy 3 times a day with the menu.
Sasi on the cooking station, great pasta and noodles and a really nice guy.
my favourite was Shiyam our waiter, he was very chatty and knew lots about Maldive history and Islands etc ( and always seemed to know when my glass was getting low )
only negative was the snorkeling around the island wasn't all that but the do provide a trip to the local house reef everyday.
we had a great time on Meeru and can understand why people return time and time again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male’ Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Expedia, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island