This was my first visit to Meeru and fourth holiday in the Maldives. I thought it was a really lovely island - well run, clean, great room (Beach Villa 207), great food. Can't fault anything really except my tiny gripe that Meeru's house reef is only accessible by boat (free trips every day) and as someone who loves to snorkel I do prefer it if you can swim out from the beach without relying on boats, that said it would probably suit people who are not that confident snorkeling as one of the water sport staff leads the trips and we did see a pod of dolphins one day, also saw turtles, morays. I loved that the island has a lot of vegetation and lots of wildlife (bats, lizards, gekkos) yes we saw a couple of rats in the bushes and there were a few ants in our outside bathroom (but what do you expect in the tropics?) Lovely infinity pool where you can have cocktails & iced coffee. Fantastic over water spa - treatments similar to UK prices. All staff polite and efficient. So apart from the reef thing I'd say my favourite island so far and I would definitely return! Flew with Qatar Airways, changed at Doha and found it much better than flying direct as you get a bit of a breather half way. Take insect repellant as lots of Mozzies! (probably because it's quite a green island).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male’ Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island