I've been in Meeru for one week on honeymoon and we never felt that customers are important to the resort.
The all inclusive plan is a joke:
- You can have breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 24 hours you can get the cake of the day, or tuna/cheese/chicken sandwich. Any other food, like ice creams, paninis, hamburgers, etc you pay (4 dollars and up)
- No natural juices are included (only the synthetic ones)
- No expresso (costs 4 dollars)
- Only 2 non-alcoholic cocktails are included
- Around 7/8 alcoholic cocktails of a list of 25/30 are included
The resort tries all the ways to get the extra dollars out of your pocket. If you go to their website they say that there's a boat to take you to/from the airport every hour... well, there probably is, if you pay. We had our flight back home at 23:50 and they kicked us out of the island at 14:30!!! There was a boat at 19:30 (that was taking people only to our plane), but we had to pay 50 dollars per person if we wanted to go on this latter boat!!! That is in my opinion not taking care of the customers.
There's a welcome massage at the spa of 15 minutes, and when you arrive there they try to make you upgrade. We didn't upgrade, and our massage was done in less then 10 minutes! We complained at the reception, they apologized, but they didn't seemed very interested.
The island have 4 restaurants, 2 buffet and 2 "à lá carte". Depending on your room, you are told that you can only go to 1 of the buffet restaurants and not the other. The first time we went to the restaurant our waitress told us that we had to stick the entire week with his area of the restaurant. We latter learned that the other buffet restaurant is even worse because you have to sit on the same table the entire time!!! Ridiculous
The good side is that you are actually on the paradise, the island is very clean and enjoyable, the rooms and the common areas are always very cleaned and beautiful.
We had mixed feelings about the staff has we get nice and polite ones and not very friendly ones either.
As a global appreciation, i would return for the beach/island/accommodations but i won't because of the general experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male’ Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island